Categories > Original > Drama > You're My Only Retreat

14

by Musicsetmefree 0 reviews

Chapter 14

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2016-07-24 - 626 words

0Unrated
Kellin's POV

I woke up alone on the couch. I covered with the blanket. I remember falling asleep in Vic's arms, but that's about it. Of course I also remember our conversation, but I mostly remember how incredible being in his arms felt. I loved the feeling. I just can't get use to it. The further away I keep him the less likely he is to get hurt or even worse, killed. It's going to be hard, especially after last night, but it's for the best.

Suddenly, the smell of burnt toast hit me, so I made my way into the kitchen. There was Vic trying to get the toast from out of the toaster. I laughed a bit causing him to turn around.

"You think this is funny?" He asks.

"Well, maybe a little."

"Yeah, yeah. Well, that was suppose to be our breakfast, but obviously that didn't turn out so well."

"I noticed."

"Okay, hush. Why don't I just make my specialty: cereal."

I chuckled, "sounds good."

"Alright, you want Frosted Flakes?"

I simply nodded and got out the milk. He's such an idiot, but he's my favorite idiot.

He placed my bowl in front of me and sat down across from me to start eating.

"Are you going to do anything today?" I asked him.

"Nope, did you want to go somewhere?"

I shook my head.

"Well, why don't we just stay in and watch movies, and we can order pizza."

"Alright," I agreed. I like his idea of just staying in, especially with everything going on outside.

After breakfast we went into the living room and sat down to watch a movie. We started with "The Breakfast Club" and just went on from there. At around three we were starting to get hungry, so we ordered the pizza. About fifteen minutes later someone was at the door.

"I'll get it." I told Vic as I stood up.

"Alright, the money's on the counter."

I walked by the counter, got the money, and went to open the door. Once I opened it I froze. It was Jose with our pizza.

"Pizza delivery," he said with a smile.

"What do you want?" I hissed.

"Nothing, I just wanted to deliver your pizza."

"Look, I don't have time for your games right now, so just tell me what the hell you want."

"I'm just checking in," he said. "So, how's your day been?"

I gave him an unimpressed look.

He sighed and handed me the pizza. "Oh, don't worry the pizza is safe, I promise."

"Why should I believe you?"

He rolled his eyes, "just take the damn pizza."

"Fine," I took it, gave him the money, and closed the door not forgetting to lock it.

I took it to the kitchen to make sure it was safe. I opened the box and found a note taped to the inside of the box. It read:

"We've got you both where we want you."

The note made me uneasy. Both, they're after both of us now. This is what I was afraid of. I can't let this happen, if they are going after someone it's going to be me.

The pizza itself looked safe. It didn't smell weird or anything, so I grabbed two plates and took them into the living room.

"Here you go." I said as I set everything down. I tried to sound as if nothing had happened, and it seemed to work.

"Thanks," Vic said as he grabbed a piece and focused on the movie again.

I sat down next to him and grabbed my own slice. I tried paying attention to the movie, but I just couldn't knowing that Vic is in danger because of me. I should have never stayed.
Sign up to rate and review this story