Categories > Anime/Manga > Ronin Warriors > One Week

Thurs & Fri

by Topaz_Kat 0 reviews

Same as before

Category: Ronin Warriors - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-08-27 - Updated: 2006-08-28 - 873 words

0Unrated
One Week-Thursday

Disclaimer: I don't own the Ronin Boyz or Byakuen, I'm just messing with them for a little while and I promise to return them to Bandai eventually and relatively unharmed.

Shin walked into the living room, stretching on this lovely afternoon. Ryo had just rushed out the door, hopped onto his bike and drove off to get to the bar in time for his shift. Seiji was still upstairs resting the pulled thigh muscle. Touma was still away at classes and wouldn't be home for a while yet. And Shu was off in the garage working on that lovely rock he'd found earlier that week. This all meant that he had a great chunk of time to himself for the first time in a long time.

He grabbed the book that he had found earlier that day, it was a rare indulgence that he could dabble in every once in a while. He knew it was a silly thing, but he did like the occasional, well-written romance novel. He sat down to read his book, pulling back the long drapes on the window seat and was surprised to see some tearing on bottom of the one in his hand.

He dropped his book onto the floor, forgetting about it momentarily and pulled the curtain up to get a better look at the now destroyed edge. He could clearly see that there was some horrendous tearing. Caused by what, he wasn't so sure. At first it looked as if some mice or something had gotten to the fabric and had chewed their way up it somewhat, which didn't make much sense since they had never had mice in the house. But as he studied it longer, he realized that the ragged edges were not made by teeth, but by claws.

His head came up sharply and he started to look around for the only one he could think of treacherous enough to destroy defenseless drapery. "Byakuen, where the Hell are you?"

He wandered through the house, looking high and low for the tiger. This was simply the last straw and he wasn't going to put up with anything anymore. He understood that something strange was happening with the furry being, but he didn't care anymore, he had loved those drapes.

He finally found his target lying in the living room, wrapped in some of the boys' dirty laundry. Well, sort of wrapped up in it. He'd somehow managed to pull up the sleeves of two shirts up his front legs and had one hind foot in a pair of jeans. Lying over top of him was one of Shu's huge old fluffy bathrobes.

Shin opened his mouth to start yelling at the giant furball and quickly realized that nothing he did would be able to reach him. The tiger was out cold, dead asleep to the outside world. He knelt down next to the body and gently rubbed the large cheek comfortingly.

"Hey there pal, are you feeling all right?"


Ryo arrived home that night to see Byakuen still wrapped up, but this time he was moved closer to the fire, hoping that he would stay warm.




Friday

Ryo was glad for the call from his boss early that afternoon. He didn't need to come in to work either that night or the next night. They were closing the bar for the next few days in observance for some obscure holiday that nobody ever heard of. At least that was the excuse he had been given. Ryo knew that that was the only way his boss could justify giving him the next two days off to look after Byakuen. That was a problem with being the only bartender, no one else was nutty enough to handle the huge place by themselves.

Ryo was sitting next to Byakuen rubbing him softly. He finally ended up curling up into the large body, feeling for the first time that he was actually helpless. He hoped that in trying to snuggle the large creature, the tiger could somehow feel his body heat coming though in a supportive hug. Seiji had tried earlier to explain that the only thing they could do was watch and make sure Byakuen didn't get any worse, but he didn't want to believe that.

Seiji came back downstairs when seven o'clock rolled around. The others had actually already gone to bed, too worried to eat or do anything. He picked up his own sleeping lover, accidentally disturbing the tiger. Byakuen actually opened one eye, blinking questioningly at him.

"I figured that he should sleep in his own bed," he explained as he reached out and pet the tiger himself. "Feeling any better?"

The tiger yawned, showing off huge teeth and got up and stretched, he had that same smiling expression on his face. He winked at Seiji and walked out of the room, heading off outside to get some food for himself.

Having decided that he could tell the others in the morning, Seiji went upstairs with his lover and straight to bed. He figured that they had all been so worried during the week that they could use a night's rest before trying to figure out what exactly had happened later.
Sign up to rate and review this story