Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

A Friend Returned

by story_master 5 reviews

Theresa is free of Cronus' control but at what price?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-29 - Updated: 2006-08-29 - 1067 words

1Exciting
Jay awoke to find himself looking at bars. He slowly sat but fell as the pain he had experienced earlier re-entered his body. After a few moments of lying motionless Jay tried once more to sit up. This time he felt only a sting of pain. He looked around at his surroundings. As he had thought he was in a cage. When Jay's eyes adjusted to the dim light he noticed that there were more cages. Then he heard voices.

" Who's there?" he asked.

" Jay? You're awake!" it was Archie.

" Archie?" Jay asked surprise in his voice.

" Jay! How are we going to get out of here?" Neil cried from somewhere to his left.

" Neil? Who else is here?" Jay asked, trying to focus his eyes to see his friends.

" Everyone but Theresa." Atlanta said, gritting her teeth as she spoke he former friend's name.

Jay thought for a minute. He was trying to recall what had happened. Then he remembered what Cronus had said.

" It's not really Theresa." Jay said, breaking the silence that had fallen over the room.

" What?" everyone seemed incredebly shocked at this.

" What do you mean it's not her?" Odie asked.

" Well it's her but not really." Jay answered.

" Huh?" Herry asked, he was to Jay's right.

" Cronus is using some sort of mind control to make her listen to him." Jay explained to his confused friends.

" How do you know?" Atlanta asked.

" He told me so just before Theresa sent me here." Jay said, lowering his voice as they all heard footsteps approaching.

They all remained quiet until the footsteps could no longer be heard.

" But how could he be controlling her mind?" Odie wondered.

" I don't know." Jay said.

" Maybe it's that weird necklace thing she was wearing." Neil said out of nowhere.

" Necklace?" Archie asked.

" Yeah when she got me I saw this weird necklace around her neck or was it a pendant?" Neil replied.

" That must be it." Jay said.

" Well how are we going to get out of here?" Herry asked, lightly hitting one of the bars.

" Do you have your Hephaestus whip Archie?" Jay asked.

There was some rustling heard while Archie searched. Then he spoke.

" Yeah I do!" excitment in his voice.

" What! So we could've gotten out before?" Atlanta said as Archie freed himself.

Her queston wasn't answered because Archie was busy freeing everyone. Once they were all free they Made a plan.

" Okay, so no matter what, get that pendant!" Jay whispered as they left the prison room.

They found Cronus sitting on a chair in a large room. Jay motioned for Atlanta and Archie to run in and cause a distraction. Once Cronus' attention was occupied with them the others snuck in. Unfortunetly for them Cronus' giants were waiting.

" Scatter!" Jay yelled to his team.

They all scattered. Since there were more of them than giants, some of them could go get the pendant controlling Theresa.

Cronus still sat on his chair up on a landing. And beside him stood Theresa. He spoke to her and she nodded. Jay watched as she slowly walked down the stairs, her eyes focused on his. Hatred burned inside her.

Since Jay wasn't defending himself against a giant he met Theresa. She readied herself for a fight but Jay lowered his drawn xiphos.

" I don't want to hurt you." he said.

Theresa just smirked then went in for an attack. Luckily Jay dodged it just in time. But he lost his balance and fell. Theresa had been given a weapon by Cronus. It was a sword much like his, only hers wasn't retractable. Theresa raised her weapon above Jay ready to deliver the fatal attack. But something stopped her. As she looked down at him, he stared back. Her once bright emerald eyes were now dull and emotionless. Theresa's hesitation was upsetting Cronus.

" Attack him already." he shouted.

Theresa shook her head, clearing all doubts. Then she started to raise her weapon once more. Jay rolled to his right as she brought her sword down. It stuck in the ground. As Jay got up he looked at the weapon and cringed at the thought that he could've been at the other side of that attack.

Jay wrapped his arms around Theresa, hoping to keep her restrained. Theresa flipped his over her shoulder and took her sword out of the ground.

" Atlanta, now!" Jay shouted.

Theresa turned just in time to see Atlanta charging at her. Altanta pulled the pendant off, but Theresa's foot was still outstretched. This sent Atlanta flying to the ground. The pendant couldn't be seen.

Theresa's eyes returned to normal and she started to sway. She closed her eyes and dropped to the ground. Jay rushed to her side.

" Theresa! Theresa!" he shook her hoping to wake her up.

After a few moments her eyes fluttered open and she looked confused.

" Where am I?" she asked sitting up.

" It's a long story, I'll tell you later. But right now we have to move." Jay said.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her up. She was about to ask why they had to move when her question was answered. A giant had slammed his fist down righ twhere they were."

" Thanks." she said.

" Come on." Jay said as he handed her her nunchucks.

Theresa smiled as they went to help there friends. Cronus' giants retreated. Jay turned to Cronus.

" Give up Cronus!" Jay yelled.

Cronus only laughed.

" We have Theresa back so now there's seven of us. You can't win." Jay called.

" Oh there's seven of you? I only see six." Cronus replied.

Jay looked around. Cronus was right. There were only six of them. Jay searched for his other teammate.

" Oh Jay. Looking for someone." Cronus said.

Jay looked back to Cronus and saw his missing teammate standing beside him.
~*~

Who is now under Cronus' control? Will they be able to free them too? Does Cronus have a bigger plan set up for the heroes? Will he retreat once again? Or can he really defeat the young heroes by breaking the prophesy? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked this chapter. Who has now fallen under Cronus control? It may be obvious but I may change the charater, just to add an odd twist. But then again maybe not. Please rate and reivew. Constructive critism is also welcome.^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story