Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Ghost of a Rose

The Closed Bud

by FenikkusuAi 0 reviews

Misaki meets Ibiki; Kakashi theorizes.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2016-08-12 - 972 words

0Unrated
Misaki was on her feet in mere few hours. The medical team needed the bed, so she was moved to a rear room.

Her new clothes were bright and soft-sky blue paired with sage green. The combination reminded her of a warm spring day. She was grateful for them as her other clothes from Orochimaru were ripped and bloody. Misaki didn't understand why Kabuto had to be so rough with her.

All of a sudden, Misaki was whisked away by Sakura to this Tsunade-sama's office. As she walked the halls of the Ninja Academy, the other students stared at her. She wondered what they thought of her.

"Ready?" Sakura asked.

Misaki remained silent. She wasn't sure herself.

'Hokage-sama, this is Misaki," Sakura announced.

Misaki noticed a woman behind a cluttered desk. She had blonde hair like her own that was worn in pigtails down her back and wore full makeup. A purple jewel rode her forehead. She was...beautiful.

Tsunade looked her up and down.

"Am I to believe this is Ibiki's niece?"

Misaki's nerves thrummed with anxiety. Her voice was frozen in her throat.

Then, there was a knock at the door.

He's here.

Misaki smoothed out her skirt to be presentable. Her heart rate was out of control. She wasn't even aware if she were breathing or not when the door opened.

Ibiki was tall, she could see. His black leather trench coat flared around him and a dove gray suit was worn under that. Ibiki's face was scarred and tanned brown from the sun, and his eyes were dark and piercing.

At his appearance, Misaki's heart sank. He was her only familial relation, and he looked like a monster. Misaki knew that she was being ungrateful. It was everything she ever wanted, but...

Ibiki caught her assessing him.

"So, you're Misaki," he sneered at her. His lips held mockery.

She nodded quickly. "I am."

"I don't know you." The shinobi barely glanced at her.

Misaki lowered her eyes. That's how it was. He didn't trust her. She had already been dismissed, and she had only said two words.

"I don't know my family either," she tried.

Ibiki appeared affronted. "Then, how the hell do you know me?"

"Others told me. The people I live with."

All eyes were on her. It seemed that even Tsunade herself was holding her breath. She knew herself that it was a sketchy story, and Misaki was half embarrassed at herself for telling it.

Obviously, Orochimaru had wanted her to be this innocent and stupid. And here she was.

Tsunade straightened her posture behind the desk. "Is this story plausible Ibiki-san? Can you validate her words?"

Ibiki snorted. "I demand a DNA test, Tsunade-sama. I don't know this girl. Take her to the appropriate venue."

"Very well." Tsunade folded her hands. "Take her to the drawing station."

It eventually dawned on Misaki that she was actually trembling. The worst scenario she had imagined had actually just happened.

"Do you want a blanket? Are you cold?" the medical nin hovering over her asked.

"No, thank you," Misaki mumbled.

it wasn't like in her dreams. This was nothing like the kindly old man who would graciously welcome her to his family. She had imagined a balding portly man in robes. Morino Ibiki was quite different than what she had envisioned.

Misaki winced when the needle entered her flesh. As her blood was drawn, she felt as hollow as a log. Misaki fought back tears and it wasn't from the pain.

Would she be accepted anywhere?

He would only listen to her story until there was proof. Maybe there would be no reason to stay here after all. She would have to wait in the woods for Kabuto.

Also, Misaki noticed that he did not look like her. She wondered if the pale man had made a mistake. Yet, he knew of Ibiki's existence. What if Orochimaru had played a trick on her anyway? Was there any truth to her existence? Only fate knew what was in store for Misaki.

Now, Misaki understood the expression to be careful what you wished for.

And again, all she could do was wait. It was a recurring theme in her life.

She wondered if the buds of promise that had developed would die before they opened.





---





"Ibiki has a kid?" Kakashi's eyes widened.

"What?" Naruto's mouth hung open.

"No, Of course not," Sakura replied sharply to them both. "A niece, I believe. She was found in the woods by Sai and I."

"Hmm."

Naruto was amused. "Really? what does she look like?"

"Um, Average height. Delicate build. Blond hair. Green eyes. Soft spoken."

"And she's related to him? Crazy genetics." Naruto sniggered.

"If she is," Kakashi cut in.

"Sensei?" Naruto trained his eyes on Kakashi.

"Doesn't this slightly resemble a trap? What if she had planted for us to find by our enemies? Konoha has quite a few of them. It could be someone merely claiming a relation."

Sakura's defense was quick. "We have no reason not to believe her. She was hurt and bleeding and left exposed to the elements. Someone wanted to hurt her or kill her. Maybe she just needs help."

Kakashi stared ahead."Well, we will just have to wait for the results of her DNA test. For her sake, she better pass it."

"Or what?" Naruto asked.

Sakura had lowered her gaze to the ground.

"Or, she will sorely wish she hadn't, Naruto," she murmured.

Naruto got it then.

The heads of everyone suddenly shared the same hideous thought. Misaki would either have a long or short life in a cell at the T & I Force. She would most likely be interrogated by Ibiki himself. In Misaki's condition, it wouldn't take long at all to learn any secrets.

Naruto shook his head. "Aw, man."
Sign up to rate and review this story