Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Ghost of a Rose

Two Flowers

by FenikkusuAi 0 reviews

Sai and Sakura discover Misaki; Sasuke disapproves.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Orochimaru,Sasuke - Published: 2016-08-12 - 942 words

0Unrated
"Sakura?"

Sai watched the kunoichi come to a stop before she ran towards a grove of trees.

"Look, Sai. There's a girl over here!"

Sai followed her footsteps and indeed found himself above a young woman. Her golden hair spilled over the grass, and she was hurt and bleeding. He wasn't sure if life resided there or not.

Sakura thoroughly ran her hands over her body with her mystical palm technique.

"She's breathing. She doesn't seem to be hurt too badly. What a relief."

"Who is she? I've never seen her before," Sai murmured.

"Sai, We need to get her to the hospital," Sakura interrupted.

He mutely agreed. Helping people was always a good thing.





---





Misaki awoke to incessant beeping groaned and turned her head against the pillow.

The thin white sheet was scratchy against her skin and the smell of antiseptic saturated the air.

She was back in the labs. Apparently, her first mission had not got well. She half expected to see Kabuto walk through the door instead of a girl with pink hair with a lean shinobi trailing behind. His skin was as pale as ivory and his hair was as black as night.

Then, Misaki really remembered.

Kabuto. He had kissed her. Kissed her and left her for dead.

"Oh, good. You're awake."

The girl's face was kind and her eyes sparkled.

"Where am I?"

"Safe. You're in the Hidden Leaf Village."

Her heart burned. She had made it. She was in the Hidden Leaf. Finally. Her life had started again.

"Please, what is your name?"

"Misaki. What's yours?"

"Sakura."

Another flower. Misaki already was comfortable with Sakura. It was like talking to an old friend.

By her side, Misaki noticed a glass of water and immediately began grappling for it.

"Oh, here."

Sakura handed it to her, and her soft skin brushed against hers. Gratefully, she took a sip. Her mouth tasted of old dirt and rust. Misaki detected a hint of blood as well. Kabuto had hit her hard.

"What on earth happened to you in the forest?"

Misaki clammed up. Now, Misaki had to be clever and think of a story. The truth could wait.

Misaki stole a moment to think with another gulp of water and blurted the first thing her brain conjured.

"A masked man attacked me."

"Did he have white hair?" the shinobi asked.

"Sai! Not Kakashi-sensei. He wouldn't."

Misaki didn't know who that was, but she forced herself to continue.

"I couldn't tell he was masked and...dressed in red clothing."

There. Something unlikely yet possible. Misaki even wondered herself how she had l so quickly. It was evident that the Otogakure had already had an effect on her.

"From the Land of Fire maybe?" Sai mused.

Sakura set her jaw. "Maybe. And where are you from, Misaki-chan?"

"I'm from the Kusagakure, the Village Hidden in In the Grass," she revealed in a rush.

The pale man had told her that much. She was forbidden to reveal where she really came from. Then again, the Village Hidden In the Sound wasn't her true home. It was a home that she had settled into.

"Well, Misaki would be a common name there," he reasoned.

They were checking her story. Misaki was aware that she very well could be the enemy in their eyes. She just wanted to know her family. Everything would be okay then.

Misaki closed her eyes. Maybe she could escape the pale man here. She didn't want to see Kabuto right away. However, he had warned her that they would be in touch, but he had not told her when.

"Morino. Morino Misaki."

"Misaki-chan...are you related to the Morino Clan?"

Misaki sat up. "Do you know Ibiki?"

Her toes curled under the blankets as she waited for the answer. She wanted to run, but she couldn't. Not now.

Sakura frowned at her. Her eyebrows knitted together in concern.

"I think that we should report this to the Hokage."

"The Hokage?" Misaki echoed.

"The leader of the Hidden Leaf. Her name is Tsunade-sama. She'll help place you."

They were treating her like a homeless cat. Well, perhaps, they weren't wrong.

Right now, home was here. Misaki knew that she couldn't return to the Village Hidden In the Sound because she didn't know the way.

Misaki watched them leave. All she could do was wait until matters were sorted out at their convenience. She was still a stranger of no importance in a foreign land.

What if they didn't believe her?

Misaki wriggled around to face the window and sobbed.





---





"What is Misaki really doing?" Sasuke asked that night over their dinner.

"Hmm? the chopsticks paused at his lips.

Occasionally, the two had moments of idle conversation. Sometimes, it was stimulating. Other times, it was bland. Orochimaru wondered what this eventually evolve into.

"Be clever, Sasuke-kun. Misaki is related to Morino Ibiki, the head of the Torture and Interrogation Force and all the information therein. Misaki-chan could be a trump card in the making. Sometimes, it pays to invest."

Sasuke clenched his fists. "The girl being is used. Used against her own blood. Despicable," the avenger spat.

Sasuke got touchy about family honor. Orochimaru himself never had the luxury of it.

The serpent chuckled. "Of course, she has no idea. She's a blank slate that can be drawn on. In all likelihood, she'll just be tucked away somewhere. How much she wants to learn and survive depends on her."

Sasuke stared. "You're wicked."

Orochimaru smirked. He wasn't sure if it was an observation or a compliment. Then again, Sasuke was no prize himself.

Either way, Sasuke wasn't wrong.
Sign up to rate and review this story