Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Ghost of a Rose

Stolen Kiss

by FenikkusuAi 0 reviews

Misaki disembarks, and Kabuto surprises her.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Orochimaru - Published: 2016-08-12 - 972 words

0Unrated
Autumn was here and the first sprigs of leaves began to turn pale yellow, amber, and scarlet.

The day had arrived furtive and unseen, and Misaki was still unprepared. She stared up at the tan walls of her bedroom and defeatedly blew out the fat candle one last time. As simple as it was, Misaki was had grown to love it. It had been hers, and now, she was abandoning it.

She would wear no headband. It was the way she had been found after all, so it was to be left behind. Just as well. Misaki felt that the sound insignia never suited her. She didn't like loud sounds.

Misaki asked the pale man which direction the Village Hidden In the Leaves was. Orochimaru informed her that it was to the south.

"Now, is there anything else you need Misaki-chan, dear?"

Misaki still didn't know could hold her own. Still, it was now or never, right?

Orochimaru's fangs glimmered, and she shivered. Well, Orochimaru was basically a white serpent, and the serpent had been her savior.

Misaki bent over in a deep bow. Resepect was a requirement in the Hidden Sound Village.

She had a feeling that he enjoyed the power he had over her; he enjoyed the power he held over everyone. These insights ran through her like electric flashes sometimes. She never knew what to do with them.

"Thank you, Orochimaru-sama."

"You're very welcome, dear. I do hope we meet again."

Though Misaki was a spy, she didn't know what what or who she was spying on. She had been given no directions. All she wanted was a glimpse of her family.

"Kabuto will be your companion. Trust his instincts. They are more keen than yours."

The silver-haired ninja stepped forward. "Shall we leave?" he asked her benignly.

Misaki smiled in answer, but the expression on her face was false. In truth, she was breaking apart.

"You won't be alone, Misaki-chan. I'll keep watch over you," Orochimaru promised.

"How will I know?"

Orochimaru's eyes narrowed. "You'll know."

A chill seized Misaki at the ferocity she found hidden there.





---





And so they set out amongst the crisp falling leaves. Misaki walked with a heavy heart yet kept her eyes on the canopies of the trees. She knew her name now and her birth place. She had an identity. She wasn't a lost nameless flower.

She and Kabuto walked past many varieties of trees, open fields, and streams. From the running water was where they caught their dinner. At sunset, Misaki saw the morning glories. They were banded in colors of white, purple and pink. Misaki stood and admired how intricately they wound around the trees until Kabuto called her away. Misaki's cheeks were as bright as the flowers.

Morino. Of the forest. She was the beautiful blossom of the forest. Her heritage. She would never forget it again. She would honor it.

"Are you nervous?" Kabuto asked.

The question had taken her by surprise.

"A bit."

He said nothing in response.

After three days of walking, they were finally making progress. Kabuto abruptly stopped on the dirt path and so did Misaki.

He adjusted his glasses. "We're near the borders of the village."

Misaki wanted to cry out in joy. She didn't even eat her breakfast. Home was less than a mile away.

"We won't go in together. Just you," Kabuto said.

Misaki nodded.

"Do you trust me, Misaki-chan?"

"Yes."

What did he mean by that?

"Then, hold still," he ordered.

Misaki glanced over and saw that he had produced a kunai. Misaki's bright dreams dulled.

Kabuto...

He was going to attack her. He was preparing to attack her.

Kabuto was already in his detached bedside manner. "A few cuts and bruises will make the others want to help. You will appear less like a threat."

Was this real?

Her heartbeat fluttered in her throat.

Yes. Too real.

"Just let me go in, Kabuto-kun. I won't be in danger. Really. I'm not a threat."

Right now, Misaki was in danger from him. That detail wasn't lost on her. She wouldn't even make it into the Hidden Leaf Village.

Kabuto cocked his head. "Misaki-chan, you don't know what you're talking about. You never know what you're talking about. it's a little bit...endearing. No wonder Orochimaru-sama is taken with you."

She should not have trusted Kabuto. Not even for a minute He was already poised in position to attack. She was too late.

Misaki attempted to fend off blows that flew at her in seemingly ever direction. A slice was taken out of her arm, her chin, and the final spot was her chest. The blade grazed past her heart with ease. Nothing that would be fatal. Then again, Kabuto was a surgeon. And there was a mission that she needed to accomplish. For the pale man as well as herself.

She was left gasping on the ground. In vain, she tried to rise to her feet.

"Nuh-uh," Kabuto scolded.

With his speed, Kabuto knocked her against a nearby tree trunk. The force of the blow knocked the air out of her lungs. From how casually he did it, it was as if Kabuto had just kicked a pine cone instead of her.

"It'll be okay, Misaki-chan. Just do as you're told. You get what you want, we get what we want."

Her vision was starting to sway and bend as her cuts burned. Dots floated across her vision.

Why? Why Kabuto?

Misaki could feel him above her before he leaned in close. His mouth was hot on hers as Kabuto stole Misaki's first kiss.

"See you around."

Damn him.

She knew that he had been interested. He could have told her back then. Now, the moment had passed.

With that memory of sensation against her lips, she passed out.
Sign up to rate and review this story