Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines SPN

“What are we even doing? There’s nothing in this town, we don’t have any money-”

“Wait a second.” Penina said, looking up from the newspaper she was reading. Penina had made them stop at a news agent; Hozzie didn’t know why “You said you’d been saving money for months now. You didn’t leave it back at home did you?”

“Well I-”

“Because if you have it with you we could do something fun.”

“But I was saving that money for-”

“For Christmas, yeah, yeah, I know, but we don’t really need it for Christmas, do we? I’m sure Sam and Dean will buy stuff for us.”

“I don’t think Sam and Dean are loaded Penina. Besides, we’d need to buy them something and anyway what would we even do now? There’s nothing here. This town doesn’t even have a cinema. There’s a bar-”

“Let’s go to the bar!” Penina cried “Do you reckon we could get served?”

“Penina, we’re only fifteen, we-”

“I know we’re only fifteen but do you reckon we could get away for twenty-one?”

“No, and could you stop interrupting me please?” Hozzie snapped “This is stupid, Sam and Dean told us to stay put in the motel room. I think we should go back. Even if we miraculously get back before them they’re gonna ask what we learnt. I thought you wanted to know about this stuff.”

“I wanna know how to fight it and I want firsthand experience fighting it. I don’t wanna study theories and stuff. Did you see the size of the books Sam and Dean left us anyway? And they were covered in dust. There can’t have been anything modern in there.”

“Well I imagine this kind of stuff spans back hundreds of years-”

“And its boring Hozzie! Sorry!” She said, seeing the look on her twins face for interrupting her again. She turned her attention back to the newspaper “I have an idea. Let’s get a bus to the next town over.”

“Are you mad? We’d never get back in time.”

“So? What do you think they’re gonna do?”

“Well, let me think.” Hozzie said sarcastically “You and Dean would get into a massive argument again, Sam would be disappointed in us and considering we only just met-”

“Okay fine.” Penina said “I have a better idea anyway.”

“Of course you do.” Hozzie sighed.

“Look!” Penina said, holding out the newspaper she’d been reading “Look at that headline – ‘local residents believe house to be haunted’. Apparently it’s abandoned, has been for ages but some teenagers went missing the last time they were in there.”

“That’s probably what Sam and Dean came here to investigate, right?”

“Yeah, so let’s go check the place out for them!”

“Are you mad?” Hozzie asked with a snort of laughter “How are we supposed to ‘check the place out’? We don’t know what we’re looking for. Besides, Sam and Dean would kill us. I really think we should go back.”

“Hozzie, come on, you can’t be a scaredy cat for the rest of your life.” Penina said, putting down the newspaper and starting to walk “I think I know the way.”

“How can you? We’ve never been to this area before.”

“I have a good sense of direction.” Hozzie rolled her eyes. Penina had got them lost heaps of times “We’ll just take a quick look around, okay? We won’t be there long. We might get an idea of where the teenagers are.”

“Penina have you ever watched a horror film in your life like ever?” Hozzie exclaimed “Because this is looking like the start of one. Two girls walking into a supposedly haunted house unarmed, it’s a stupid idea! We’re gonna go missing just like the other teenagers and what if this isn’t the case Sam and Dean are investigating? We could be trapped there forever if we don’t die first.”

“You are funny Hozzie.” Penina said “Have you not noticed? It’s day time. Nothing scary ever happened in a horror movie during the day.”

“I still think we shouldn’t tempt fate. And don’t you remember that demon we saw this morning? Remember that Penina, huh? What if she shows up again?”

“She wouldn’t dare, she knows Sam and Dean will exorcise her or whatever it is they do.”

“But they’re not here right now, they can’t save us, and we don’t know the Latin chant or anything about demons.”

“She won’t come near us again today, that’d be tempting fate too much.”

“We’re tempting fate now Penina!”

“Hozzie, I’m going with or without you. If you wanna go, that’s fine.”

Hozzie sighed heavily, rolled her eyes and followed her sister. Why was she always so stubborn?



“I still think it’s too dangerous for Hozzie and Penina to come tonight.” Sam said “They don’t know what they’re doing; it could lead to big trouble. If Dad knew-”

“Dad’s not here, he won’t find out.” Dean said “I don’t want them to come either, trust me, but it might be good for them to get some good firsthand experience.”

“Dean-”

“Look, this is a relatively simple case, right? Shouldn’t take too long, shouldn’t be too difficult. But it might scare them a bit and put them off coming on future cases where there’s a massive danger. Until they’re ready.”

“Getting attacked by a demon this morning didn’t seem to put them off wanting to come.”

“Well, you can tell Penina’s the one who’s more desperate to come and she wasn’t the one who was attacked. Maybe this will make her see sense.”

“I don’t know.” Sam said, getting out of the car “It doesn’t feel right.”

“We don’t have any other choice Sam.” Dean said, unlocking the motel room.

He stepped inside, looked around and then swore loudly “What?” Sam asked, looking over his brother’s shoulder.

“They’re gone Sammy. The girls are gone.”
Sign up to rate and review this story