Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Ghost of a Rose

Breath of Sunlight

by FenikkusuAi 0 reviews

Tobi threatens Kabuto; Misakii infiltrates T & I with Ibiki.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Obito - Published: 2016-09-21 - 1554 words

0Unrated
It was just Kabuto's luck to get stuck with this psycho who believed that he was Uchiha Madara.

It was impossible after all. Madara was dead. He had been for decades. However, this stranger in front of him would beg to disagree.

Kabuto was well aware that he was a highly dangerous individual. He had best watch himself.

He scowled. "That's far enough...whatever your name you name is!"

The masked man chuckled.

Kabuto hated being off his guard, especially when his plans were mercilessly unraveled in front of him.

Madara considered him. "You still think that the Akatsuki is a third rate group? You should show more respect, boy."

This Shinobi was definitely older and stronger and more experienced, so he had to keep on his toes. This Madara was definitely someone to be apprehensive of.

Kabuto brushed aside a flicker of apprehension that he refused to classify as fear.

"And here we have Orochimaru's little errand boy," Madara drawled. "We finally meet.'

Kabuto winced. So, he had to gloat too.

"What is your business here?" Kabuto's grip on the kunai tightened.

"I could ask you the same question," Madara reflected back at him.

Kabuto growled in annoyance.

"Let's just say that we each have our own interests, and at the moment, they clash. I see that you intend to use that blonde girl of yours for information."

"Why? Do you want her?"

Madara shrugged. "I myself have no use for her, but if something was to happen to her..."

Kill her. Feel free.

It was oh so was tedious chasing after Misaki.

"...I'm sure your lord would be disadvantaged.."

Kabuto started then. Orochimaru wouldn't appreciate it if she died. Kabuto might die with her if he let something happen to Orochimaru's current trump card. Not many spies could gain Konoha's trust so easily. Kabuto had to give her credit for that.

"Is this personal?" Kabuto couldn't help but ask.

He really didn't want to get in a fight. Unlike Orochimaru, he didn't stand a chance. At the moment, Kabuto was too weak.

Kabuto truly wondered if the Akatsuki wanted to get even. Would they be that petty? Orochimaru's defection had happened years ago, but apparently, the event was still fresh in their memory.

But then, that was the nature of snakes. An alliance forged one day could be dinner the next.

Madara cocked his head to the side. "You could take it that way if you wish." The masked stranger's was crisp. "Perhaps you are a passing amusement. In any event, you are on my turf. So, now you and your lord are my business. Not to mention the girl as well."

The Sound ninja could only watch as Madara swept a hand over his face and disappeared limb by limb into a dimensional void that seemingly materialized out of nowhere. Kabuto could only marvel at his technique. This Shinobi was...exceptional.

First things first...

Kabuto had to return to the Otogakure immediately. Orochimaru had to be warned if the Akatsuki might be coming their way.

As he raced through the trees, Kabuto was sure that Misaki was pure bad luck.

He could only hope that she would reap some of her own...




---




As it turned out, Misaki didn't have to break into Ibiki's office. He invited her in himself. To talk, he claimed. Still, Misaki remained wary.

The furnishings inside Ibiki's office were sparse. It accurately reflected his personality. The office was painted a subdued slate blue. A leather chair lurked behind a wooden desk and behind that were rows of bookshelves. Under the sole small window was a sad cactus cactus garden that contained two withered pots. The prickly and parched plant fit him. Even Ibiki had to pay homage to his roots as a Morino. At last, he and she had some common ground.

Misaki could only guess at what information Orochimaru wanted her to find. Of course, searching through the books would be out of the question with Ibiki present.

"So, what area does my niece want to specialize in?"

Misaki hadn't expected this. Not this soon. She didn't even know if she would be in Konoha that long.

"What?"

"Every kunoichi is different and has her strong points. Your instructor will walk you through the process, but I don't want to wait for his evaluation."

Ibiki's gloved fingers tapped on the desk.

"Now, what area do you plan to specilize in? Medical ninjutsu? Genjutsu? I don't know about taijutsu..."

It certainly wouldn't be ANBU. Misaki already knew that her skills were sub par and that she was most likely too old. Her taijutsu was equally horrendous. She didn't have enough force or strength in her arms and legs.

"I don't know," she replied honestly.

Misaki supposed that she would have to become a Genin first before she could consider anything. Reveal her own talents branch by branch.

Ibiki frowned. "We'll work on that."

Misaki was most familiar with ninjutsu, but she found genjutsu rather interesting. Honestly, she didn't know if she could stand being a medical nin. Misaki hated hospitals.

All of a sudden, Ibiki brought his face close to her own.

"Did you have a good breakfast?" he rasped.

Misaki had rice and fish. Misaki supposed that she had.

"Are you ready to see the cells now? You mentioned earlier that you wanted to see them."

Misaki wondered if that a requirement to earn Ibiki's or the family's favor. Ibiki's face was as hard as stone. She knew that she could refuse if she wished to, but Misaki couldn't think of a valid reason for that.

More information was good...right? The pale man would be pleased. Kabuto would be pleased.

She knew that Ibiki was mentally evaluating her, but somehow she felt that he wasn't going to push her. It wouldn't be nearly as fun to shock her if she was unwilling.

Misaki took a long breath.

"Okay. I'll go."

She felt the literal claws of the pale man on her shoulder as she wandered the interiors of the T & I headquarters. Misaki wondered if everything she saw the pale man saw. Were they linked somehow? It would be easier if they were.

As Misaki was escorted deeper into the bowels of the building, she found herself becoming uncomfortable.

Then, Misaki reminded herself that Ino had been here. Many times. There was nothing to be scared of. Not under Ibiki's watch.

She was a kunoichi after all. Built for blood and death. She had survived Orochimaru's labs, so she could survive a lot more.

At last, Ibiki took her to thankfully empty cells. They were smaller than what she had seen and had ultimately stayed inside at the pale man's lab. Her fingertips traced the scored stone walls that were reserved for criminals. Not victims.

So, this is what Ibiki did on a daily basis. Was it any worse than what the pale man did?

Misaki sometimes debated if violence and abuse permeated her very genes. She wondered what the other Morinos were like. What were their views on criminals?

Criminals...

Like you.

Misaki suddenly began tipping to the side. Her vision dimmed went and she went weak in the legs.

"All right there, Misaki?"

She knew was displaying her weakness again, but she couldn't help it.

Alarm crept into Ibiki's voice. She blinked at him, and for a precious moment, she felt valued. For once, she was allowed to be weak.

"I see that this visit happened too soon," Ibiki observed.

Misaki surmised that if he knew of the horrors she had seen, he wouldn't be so quick to judge. Or maybe he would.

Sometimes, she wondered what kind of kunoichi she would be. If she would ever be given the chance.

Though Misaki guessed that she would be painfully the same as she was now. Still with pieces of her missing and parts of her that were suppressed.

She had to leave. She had to leave before...something happened. The cells was making her claustrophobic. Misaki had the notion that she was too close for comfort. To...something.

"I have to get some fresh air," she explained. "I'm sorry."

Ibiki remained silent, but he regarded her with masked amusement.

She sheepishly turned away from sadistic uncle and made for the exit.

Misaki breathed in the fresh sunlight outside and once again marveled at the duality of light and dark. Misaki was used to being in the dark. She had lived there for months. Now, she was free to roam between the two and was more confused than ever.

She constantly wondered what her purpose would eventually be.

A blond boy was wandering around outside with seemingly no destination in mind. He stopped in his tracks when he noticed her. Misaki had never seen him before.

"You! You're that girl. You're Misaki!"

Misaki was surprised that he had remembered her name. They hadn't even ever met.

"I'm Naruto," he introduced himself. "Uzumaki Naruto. Want the other half?"

Misaki noticed the blue popsicles he carried. He broke them in half with a grin.

He seemed innocent enough. Misaki was sure that they weren't poisoned.

"Sure," she agreed.

It seemed that she making friends all over. Unfortunately.

Yet, Misaki felt assured by his warm smile.

Together, she and Naruto sat on a nearby bench.
Sign up to rate and review this story