Categories > Original > Romance > This isn't just a Game

Contestant #1

by sasugaara 0 reviews

Contestant: Vanoss Enter

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2016-09-25 - Updated: 2016-09-25 - 614 words

0Unrated
Date: April 25, 2016
Time: 10:59 p.m

        The boy glanced at his desktop once he heard the familiar notification sound for Skype echo throughout his bedroom. A small rectangular box popped up in the lower right hand corner of his screen. Someone was trying to contact the man and it must have been one of his friends. Well, to be more specific, it was her messaging him through Skype. The man's heart fluttered a bit at the sudden contact the girl made. He was ALWAYS the one to message her first, but finally the tables have turned. He couldn't help but blush a bit; although he would never admit it, he was falling in love with that girl.

        The girl, on the other hand, wasn't too crazy about the thought of falling in love with another person. She had far more important things to do instead of mindlessly obsessing over someone who had the same feelings as her, maybe. She cared about work more so she could be able to pay for rent, buy food, and get the necessities for her brother and herself. It was nerve wrecking to live on small wages, but she loved her job nonetheless. Being a small YouTuber and all, you should at least apply some where for a part time job, but she didn't want one. YouTube was her life and she doesn't want some side job getting in the way of what really mattered in her life. Albeit, she was envious of all her friends she made on YouTube while most of them had well over a million subscribers and she only had around six hundred thousand subscribers, she was happy nonetheless.

        How did she make these friends? It's simple, her brother introduced her to them. Who's her brother and who are her friends? Well, her brother is the one and only IAMWILDCAT, formally known as Tyler. Her friends? If you couldn't tell already, she was apart of the VanossGaming Crew. Oh? There are others in the crew with less than a million subscribers? Yeah, true, but the girl knows one with nearly one million subscribers but he isn't quite there yet. His name is Ryan, or Ohmwrecker you may call him.

        The boy immediately opened up the message from the girl and began to read it to himself out loud. It made him smile in the end. Although it wasn't much, it was nice of her to remind him to get on and get ready to play some Hide and Seek on Gmod. He grabbed his keyboard and began to type out a message to the girl.

        "Sure! Sorry, I was just ordering some pizza. Who do you think we should invite?" He typed and pressed enter, sending the message to the girl to see that she instantly read it.

        "How about my brother, Brian, Ryan, and..." She stopped typing for a moment. "And... How about Jonathan? Maybe he'll stop playing Dead by Daylight and WWE 2k16 and actually hang out with us." She replied , but before the boy could say something back to her she called him through Skype.

        Not just calling him to talk, but a video call. She wanted to see his face again. It's been a long time since he's seen her own; it's only ever been on camera... but he answered anyway only to be met with her contact photo and with him forgetting to use his webcam.

        "Hello Evan! Sorry, I accidentally pressed video call." She muttered, her heavenly voice automatically making the boy forgive her for her actions. All he did was smile at her innocence.

        "Hey! How's it going, Y/n? Don't say sorry, it was just a simple mistake."
Sign up to rate and review this story