Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Enough.

Prologue: Who would have thought it would come to this?

by InuKag 2 reviews

What is real? what is false? Can this doomed love survive the pains of shattered hearts and distrust? Or will one dumb mistake ruin the rest of their lives... Inu/Kag...DarkFic

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-08-16 - Updated: 2006-08-17 - 450 words

1Exciting
Prologue.



Remnants of light streamed into the dark bedroom. Silently the sobs of a young girl filled the air, as the razor's blade that she rolled gently through her fingers picked up the subtle hints of illumination. Who would have thought it would come to this?

Slowly tracing the thin blade along pale porcelain skin, so lightly a scratch barely forms The girl clenches her eyes shut tightly; letting her tears fall. Ripping along, deeper and deeper, the self inflicted wounds become more and more. Tears mix with crimson as she falls to her knees; allowing the darkness to consume her. Who would have thought it would come to this?

Dreams and hopes becoming as shattered as a broken mirror... a barrage of hurt forming around a trusting heart, dying, hating, losing. All until nothing was left but a memory of happiness, the picture of perfection that she thought was there truly wasn't. Who would have thought it would come to this.

Sitting propped up against the side of her bed, she closed her eyes. And let the blade drag once more across her irritated skin. She could feel the blood flowing... streaming down and draining her. Acidic tears fell, there were no more emotions to expel, no more reasons to continue on. She gave up her consciousness and slipped into a comatose sleep... her last whisper a quiet and broken play of his name.

"Inu...sha..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

Kagome... was his first thought upon waking in the midst of his dreams. Perched high above the ground, he sensed it somehow. Through the unbalanced time portal that linked them, he was still able to smell the pungent scent of her blood. In an instant he bound from the tree to the well, leaping in without a second thought.

As Inuyasha stepped out of the shrine that the well was now encased in, the first thing he noticed was the lack of illumination and movement within the house. His senses also seemed to scream out to him... no one else was home. Without taking the time to check the locks on any of the doors, Inuyasha did what he always did; headed straight to the window. To his own shock, he found the latch had been locked... as if she knew he would come and she was keeping him from entering her domain. He started to get worried at the thoughts that were running through his mind. As the scent of her blood grew stronger and more fervent, he knew he had to get inside... this was more than just a monthly flow...it was much too strong, strong enough to reach him in another time, this was the stench of impending death.

Sign up to rate and review this story