Categories > Original > Romance > Prince X eSS

Chapter 1: Preparations for the Ball

by EmoNekoChi 0 reviews

Len Kagamine is a Prince whom is extremely rich and can be very rude at times. Rin Kurosaki is a Princess whom is not as rich as most of the other countries. She is perky and nice to lots of peo...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2017-01-02 - Updated: 2017-01-02 - 1057 words

0Unrated
-Rin's POV-

I watch the maids and butlers put up banners, balloons, streamers, and tables up for my party. I didn't really want to get married, but what is done is done and there is no way I could possibly stop them...

I walk along in the hallways while looking out the windows at the green trees that surrounded out castle.

I had a short dress on that went to my knees that was white with yellow flowers on them. My mother would NOT have liked this, she insists on me wearing long dresses the touch the floor, but those are uncomfortable.

I look out and see a boy, that I have not seen before, in the garden while talking with my mother and father while admiring the flowers.

He was probably a suitor that was staying at our house until the ball, like most of them. He probably had an evil plan to take over our kingdom and make it burn to the ground. I hated people like him.... And I could tell by the way his blonde hair covered some of his eyes and his hair was pulled back into a ponytail, he was probably the last successor in his line... I was the first since I am the only child here.

I continued to skip and prance in the halls while thinking about the mysterious guy with the really cool suit on.

"Rin! We would like to see you!" Says my maid, Teto, aka my best friend in the WOOORLD!

I stop dancing and prancing and look at Teto, who is at the other end of the running at me. "Whyyyy?" I groan as I dangle my arms and spin around some.

Teto is now by me and she has her hands on her hips in a stern way. "For your gown for the party!" She exclaims.

"FIIIIIIIINNNEEEEE!!!" I finally say so then we go to my room and she sizes me up so that I can fit perfectly into my new gown.

"Alright! We're finished!" She says and throws my clothes at me.

I put a long dress on so I can go to my mother without being yelled at for 'proper dressing attire.'

As I was walking to the garden to meet my mother for tea, they boy was there and laughing with her while strolling with her around the garden. I walked up to them and curtsied in front of them.

"Ah! This is Rin, our daughter, she is having a ball tomorrow for her 16 birthday!" My mother tells the mystery boy as I straighten my back.

"Ah! That's funny, my birthday is also tomorrow, but I'll be busy attending the ball instead," he says as he smiles at me.

It was fake and I could tell.

"This is Len Kagamine, he is the third successor in his family," my mother tells me as she brings a hand up to motion to him.

I bowed. "It's very nice to meet you," I say and bring my head back up to meet his eyes.

"Okay, so now, tea anyone?" My mom says with as light chuckle at the end.

Len and I both nod.

We go to a gazebo with a table and tea cups. We all sat down in chairs and my mother and Len were talking about various political issues and table wear. Then Teto came with our other butler, Akaito , and she poured tea in everyone's cup while Akaito set down plates of sweets down in the middle of the table.

"Thank you, Teto and Akaito," I say to the with a smile.

"Oh! Rin, I have your dress ready if you want to try it on!" Teto tells me with a smile.

"Maybe later, you know how I am with dresses!" I say with a smile and a giggle at the end.

Teto also smiles and giggles. "See you later, Rinny!" Teto says.

"Bye, Rinny!" Akaito says after Teto.

"Bye, guys!" I say with a smile, and with that, they left and let me go back into lonely, quiet Rin with nothing to do, but be bored.

Len looked at me like my head was made of cheese and macaroni. "Why are you so friendly with your servants?" He asks bitterly.

"Because they aren't just servants they're also my only friends," I explain and take a bite of the little cakes Akaito had served.

My mother looks at Len, who is now silent and eating silently while I take a drink of my tea.

"Rin, why don't you try your dress on? I need to talk to Len alone," my mother says after everyone finishes their food and tea.

I get up and walk to by room without saying a word. When I get there, Teto is there with a dress that looks beautiful, it is yellow and is short in the front and long in the back. I try it on as Teto and I laugh, mostly me because Teto is tickling without realizing it as she fits me into the dress. It fits perfectly! I spin around in it and the take it off and put it back on its stand.

It's night by the time I put the dress back and finish the rest of my preparations for bed.

I was about to lay down, but I hear a knock on my door. I getup and open it and it's Len. "What do you need?" I ask as I lean on the door frame.

He fakes smiles. "I would like to wish you a good night, Princess..." He says as he bows.

I sigh. "Would you stop it with the fake smile? It's annoying..." I tell him after I give out a quick yawn.

He looks confused for a second. "Whatever are you talking about?" He says with the same smile on his face.

I sigh once more. "You know what I'm talking about..."I say and begin to close the door, he stops it and puts his real, serious face on.

"How'd you know?" He asks.

"My parents have been making the same face I was born," I reply. "Now either leave or have me call the guards," I tell him. He does what he is told and goes to his room.

I got to sleep and dream about tomorrow's ball.
-The END-
Sign up to rate and review this story