Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

The Discovery

by story_master 5 reviews

Archie finds out some disturbing news and sets off to rescue his friends.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-09-02 - Updated: 2006-09-03 - 809 words

0Unrated
Archie awoke to find himself still in the gods and godesses hideout. He sat up and wondered how long he had been asleep. He looked at his watch, it was morning. He had been asleep for almost fifteen hours. He stood up and and heard something hit the floor. He looked down to see one of Cronus' pendants lying on the ground. He reached over and picked it up. There was a small voice in the back of his head. He shook his head and remembered his promise. He wasn't going to let his friends down.

Archie ran to the library and searched for a book. It was full of ancient jewellery. Once he found it he went to a table and flipped through it. It took him almost half an hour to find the pendant he had. (The book was like a foot thick.) Archie quickly read all the information about the pendant and with everyword he read his eyes grew even wider. This was a very deadly piece of jewellery. He closed the book and put it back then took the pendant to Hera.

" Where did you get this?" she asked as he came in holding the piece of jewellery.

" Cronus. He has a bunch and the others are all wearing one." Archie replied as he watched Hera study it.

As Hera was examining the piece she suddenly gasped and dropped it. The jewel in the center smashed to pieces and then discinigrated. Suddenly the little voice in Archie's head had disappeared.

" What is it?" Archie asked, worry washed over him.

" It can't be." Hera seemed to forget he was in the room.

She picked up the broken pendant and walked past him. He followed her. She went to Chiron's room and locked the door. Archie pressed an ear against the door and strained to hear what they were talking about. As he listened fear grew inside him.

Archie heard footsteps coming towards the door and he backed away. The door opened and Hera came out. She still seemed to forget he was there. He didn't care from what he had heard he needed to act fast. He saw Hera drop the pendant, she didn't seem to notice. Archie picked it up and went back to the library. At least in there he wouldn't be bothered.

Archie looked for another book that had all kinds of ancient creatures in it. This book was three times bigger than the one about ancient jewellery. He was glad it was alphabetical. He flipped through the pages and found the creature he was looking for. He read everything about it. There was about six pages of information. When he was done reading he knew what he had to do. He went and got some weapons, the books, maps and a bag to carry them in. Then he left the hideout.

The purple haired teen turned on the GPS function on his PMR. ' Jay was right. Cronus did forget about the PMRs. This is perfect.' he thought as he headed back into the school. He needed to find out exactly where they were. He went back to the library and took out some maps. He looked for the co-ordinates on the PMR and referenced it with the maps. THen he went to Hermes and asked to use his portal. Hermes agreed, not asking for an explaination. Archie thanked him before he left. As soon as the portal closed Hera came into Hermes' office.

" Have you seen Archie? He can't leave." she asked her faithful messenger.

" Archie? Uhh...." Hermes didn't know quite how to tell he, but from her expression he took it that she knew.

" Hermes, where is he?" she asked sternly.

" Greece." he replied quietly.

She didn't reply, Hera just turned and left.

" If we don't get him back there may be no hope." she muttered to herself as she walked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archie stepped out the portal and into Greece. He looked at one of the maps he had brought with him. He then put it away and started to walk. He was going to keep his promise. He had a plan all figured out, down to every last detail. He just hoped it went better than Jay's plan had. He shook his head. ' This is no time for doubting yourself Archie.' he scolded himself. He had a mission and there was no time for doubts or mistakes.
~*~

What plan does Archie have? What creature threatens them? Will he succeed? Or will he fall victim to Cronus' evil ploy as well? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry this chapter was a little short. The chapters will get longer. And there will be plenty of J/T and A/A to come so don't worry. I hope you liked this chapter. Please R+R. Constructive critism is also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story