Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Curious Case of Luna Lovegood

The Wonder of Magic

by Marvolo666 0 reviews

Guess who's back Back again Luna's back Tell a friend Guess who's back Guess who's back Guess who's back I'm Back! (Eminem, please don't sue me)

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Harry,Luna - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2017-02-26 - 6052 words - Complete

0Unrated
Harry awoke in a daze, trying to remember what happened the night before. As his clarity returned he felt someone lying against him. He did not need to open his eyes to see the girl he loved sleeping with a smile across her face, nor did he want to. For the first time in Harry's life he felt truly at peace. These same thoughts where going through Luna's mind as she awoke in Harry's arms.
"I'm dreaming...I can't be this normal…this happy." Luna whispered refusing to open her eyes.
Harry kissed the top of her head. "How do you feel Luna?"
Luna sighed. "I feel strong, I feel weak. I feel…I feel like butter."
Harry chuckled. "I know the feeling, I could stay in this spring all night."
"We did sleep in the spring all night, we are still in it now." Luna reminded him with a giggle before sighing with content. "Last night was the happiest of my life. It was magical Harry."
"Yes it was Luna, this spring is so warm." Harry muttered sleepily.
"That's not what I meant." Luna giggled.
Harry teased, "Oh...What did you mean Miss Lovegood."
Luna playfully poked Harry's ribs causing him to reluctantly opened his eyes. Greeting his vision where two very large, bulbous, yellow eyes mere inches from his own.
"GOOD MORNING SCARFACE!"
Luna screamed while Harry cussed. Luna fell into the spring as Harry quickly stood up, only to lose is footing and with a splash, fall back into the water. The sound of laughter surrounded them as they recognized the creatures that cackled in delight.
"Ha! You should have seen the look on your faces." Aναρχία hollered.
"I think I pissed my pants" Anarchiam cackled.
Aναρχία laughed. "You're not wearing any pants"
"Will you both shut up!" Anarhie scolded. "I am sick of your annoying voices, I am sick of your ugly faces, but most of all, I am sick of your Merlin dammed souls!"
"Ouch, Ouch, someone's still has a hangover." Anarchiam heckled.
"NARGLES CAN'T GET HANGOVERS!" Anarhie screamed before wincing at the sound of his own voice.
"But clearly they can get drunk. You proved it last night when you hit on that fairy." Anarchiam giggled.
Aναρχία coughed. "Pixie!"
Luna interrupted the bickering Nargles. "Not to be rude, but why are you here?"
Anarhie looked grumpily at the girl. "I'm afraid we should have been hear sooner Moonchild, but after eight years of…lying dormant, Aναρχία felt we should...celebrate our freedom."
Aναρχία gurgled. "We drank Fire whiskey, we smoked Gillyweed, and…uh…we sniffed some angel dust."
Anarhie groaned. "They are going to get the wrong Idea when you say we sniffed Angel dust."
Anarchiam could hardly suppress his mirth. "You're just jealous because your angel dust was from a pixie."
Aναρχία muttered. "I was flattered really."
"I'LL KILL YOU!" Anarhie screamed.
The Nargles started laughing and cursing, failing to notice as Harry reached for his wand. "Silencio."
The Nargles went silent and proceed to fight each over as they floated away. Anarhie paused until the other two where out of earshot and quickly spoke. "Stupid Nargles can't break a first year charm. You should know that the Spirit wishes to meet with you as the sun reaches the sky. Once you find him it will begin."
Luna tilted her head. "What will begin?"
The Nargle grinned wickedly. "Your spiritual training."

In the middle of a meadow filled with the strangest of flowers, the couple warily approached the old man. The Spirit stood unnaturally still, his cloths unmoved by the blowing wind. With his back turned to them he spoke. "You are both incredibly powerful beings individually, but together you are far stronger. This is a good thing indeed, however for now I wish for Mr. Potter to leave us.
"Harry Potter, you will continue onward until you find a place to meditate. You shall do so until I find you. Do not break for meditation, no matter what happens. I do not care what you see, what you hear, even if you witness Luna murdered before your unbelieving eyes, you will not abandon your mediation! I promise no harm will come to Miss Lovegood or yourself in Xanadu. Now go!"
Harry gave Luna a worried look. After she nodded, he kissed her lovingly before departing. Nicolas Flamel sighed as he continued to speak to Luna, still facing away from the young Witch. "It won't be easy for him. He doesn't trust me, thinks I'm mad. He's probably right though. After six hundred years of living you would be mad not to be mad. Of course you are not ignorant in the subject of sanity are you Miss Lovegood."
Luna nodded. "I've been called Loony in the past."
"That is not what I refer," Flamel uttered. When Luna's silence was his reply, he turned and spoke to the mortal. "Sometimes I think the only difference between those with sanity and those without it, is the knowledge the insane must bear. The human mind and heart can only take so much before the dam bursts. Pandora held incredible knowledge and the world called her crazy."
"My Mother was not crazy!" Luna replied sternly.
"How do you know this Luna? Knowledge his power. Power is dangerous. Power is inescapable. The universe is full of power and if you don't use it, another will. If one has too much power it will corrupt them. Power makes us different from others, it separates us, isolates us, drives us to madness. However used in the right way it can bring people together."
"Nothing comes without a price and the price of power, fame and glory is often too high. Yet people will do anything to claim such things, believing it will solve all their problems and fulfill the one universal desire we all have. Yet the price of power is often the very thing they wish to gain…love and happiness."
"Luna Lovegood, you wish to find love and happiness and yet you wish to hold the power to change the world. You must realize by now it isn't so simple. When you began this quest you had power unlike anything you ever dreamed of. Show me this power."
Luna nodded as she raised her hand and blinked. The stones around her began to rise as the wind began to howl. Closing her eyes, Luna began to levitate as the she crossed her legs in a meditation stance. Nickolas Flamel shook his head as he scolded, "I said show me you power!"
Luna scrunched up her face as she continued to focus her magic. The trees began to rise out of the ground, rocks began to spin around her. The water in the ocean turned from an ethereal calm to a tropical storm as waves pounded and crashed into the island of Xanadu. Yet still the spirit was not satisfied. "Show me your power!"
Luna was shaking with effort as she ignited in flames. She was transforming into some form of animal before a crack echoed through the air. Luna collapsed on the ground along with the objects floating around her. The weather returned to normal along with girl now panting on the ground. "I...I feel drained...so tired."
Flamel nodded. "The price of power is love, and the price of love is power. Remember what you learned from your father dear child. Love is a part of one's magical core. You add more to it and it will weaken you. As a Squib, you are not a natural Witch. You are capable of amazing feats thanks to your Mothers work. However as your bond with Potter grows, you grow weaker."
"I'm running out of time." Luna uttered softly.
"More then you think. Xanadu is full of ambient magic. Outside of my creation, you power will be far weaker. Not that it matters if this was the power you wield. Magic is more than that mess you just made girl. I asked you to show me your power and you put on a show like some glorified magician." Nicolas cursed. "Now show me your true power."
The old man let loose an unnatural whistle and watched as a Unicorn galloped into the meadow. Luna couldn't help but smile as she pet the graceful creature. "Aren't you pretty? What's your name?"
"It doesn't matter since you will be killing her." Flamel muttered.
"What?"
"You heard me girl. Strike her down, break her. Do this and you will retain some of your power." The spirit hissed coldly. "Do this and you will know the power necessary to fulfill your mothers work and keep your magic. It will distances yourself from your feelings and the love that drains your magic."
Luna looked into the unicorns pure sapphire eyes, before turning on the spirit. "No!"
Flamel whispered calmly with a hint of a smile. "Why not?"
"I don't want to hurt her. I don't want to hurt anybody." Luna whimpered.
"You haven't answered my question child. Why not?" The ghost asked.
"I told you why not." Luna shout desperately.
The spirit shook his head. "No you told me why you don't want to, not why you won't. What if I forced you to? What if I made you do it?"
"YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!" Luna shouted viciously as if daring the spirit to try. Flamel however simply grinned.
"Exactly! That is power, our ability to change the world and to not let the world change us in a negative way. Power is the influence we have on others. Freedom, choice, individuality, this is what makes you special girl. It is what separates you from the other sheep. It is what separates you from the Minister of Magic himself. No one can make you do anything, but they will try child, they will try."
"They can't make me either." Luna answered.
"You under estimate them." The spirit uttered. "What about the one who holds your heart, can he not make you do things. You know the choice you must face child, yet you are not prepared to make it. There are things you must face, things that will challenge your mind, body and soul. You must face the harsh realities of the world."
Luna closed her eyes and revealed her scars. "I'm aware of how cruel the world can be sir. It is a cruel world but its also wonderful world full of love, happiness and so much more than even you can comprehend. There is good in this world and it's worth fighting for. I have what it takes because I have to."
The spirit grinned sadly. "Youth, so naive. Yes the world is a wonderful place but it is not the world that will be fighting you. Your greatest enemy lies within your heart. You must be prepared to face your demons or they will consume you."
Luna remained silent so Nicolas continued. "The boy is not the only one who holds sway to your actions. Pandora weighs heavily on your mind. You do this for her, more than anything."
Luna shook her head. "I do this for myself. I do this because I have an opportunity to help people. If I turn back now I will never be able to live with myself, knowing that I could have done something. Even if I fail, if I just helped one person…"
"You sound like Pandora," Flamel interrupted sharply. "You think like Pandora. You even look like her. You try so hard to be her but no matter how hard you try, you will fail. Heed these words, if I teach you nothing else then know this."
Flamel floated towards Luna and looked right into her silver eyes. "You are not your Mother. You are nothing like your Mother. You don't truly want to be like your mother, you just think you do. You are nothing like your Mother, and that's OK. Pandora only wanted you to live your own life, follow your own dreams, and find your own happiness."
"I know who I am." Luna insisted.
"Really? I don't think you do." Nicolas said as his cold eyes pierced through her soul. "I see much pain in you child, pain you have long kept buried. You rely totally on Pandora even though she has long departed from this realm. You have built a wall around yourself but the very foundation to this wall is cracked. You have put too much faith in that foundation and soon the wall will fall and it will crush you."
"You must become your own women Luna. A Mother is many things, but she is not who you are, she is not the one that gives your life, and she is not the one who nurses you. A Mother is the person who raises you, who cares for you, she gives you strength, she gives you morals, she teaches you how to live, she who loves you more than anyone could love another, and she cherishes you. She pours her heart and soul for you. She sheds blood, sweat and tears for you. She cries when you are sad and laughs when you are happy. She loves you unconditionally but makes sure you be the best you can be. A mother does anything for their child; they would even die for you, just like Pandora did for you one fateful night."
Luna nodded as she felt tears well up in her eyes. The spirit whispered. "A Mother loves you. Never forget that Luna Lovegood. No matter what you face, never forget that."

As Harry let his mind wander, it be came abundantly clear that he was as good at meditation as he was at Occlumency. At no moment did it cross his mind that the two where practically the same. It became increasingly difficult when the earth started to shake and he heard the sound of trees being ripped from the earth.
As he heard a loud crack echo across Xanadu, Harry quickly rose to his feet and pulled out his wand. Before he could head back and help Luna, the sound of a tire sigh filled his ears. "Is is so hard to focus on your meditation Potter?"
Harry turned with haste to see the friendly grin of the ancient spirit. "Or do you truly believe you must save everyone? I understand your feelings for the girl but did I not just say she would be safe?"
Harry rolled his eyes. "I assume you are referring to what my dear friend called my, "saving people thing?"
"Not the wording I would use." Flamel muttered. "You must admit it. You have overcome amazing hardships to fulfill your destiny and defeat Tom Riddle...and yet hear you are, on another adventure to save Luna's magic."
"It's more then that..."
"Yes it is," The old man interrupted. "It is a noble en-devour. You are a great Wizard Harry Potter."
Harry shook his head. "There's nothing special about me sir."
Nickolas raised his eyebrow. "Modesty is admirable, false modesty is deception."
"I'm not being modest or deceptive, I'm being honest!" Harry growled as he stormed away from the spirit. He made it no farther then three feet, when he ran face to face with the old man.
"Yes there is a difference between modesty and honesty, as there is also a difference between deception and self-deception. The difference is often small, but it can make all the difference" The Alchemist uttered. "You could do great things, but only if you except who you are."
"I'm telling you the truth!" Harry shouted as turned his back again this time breaking into a run.
"What are you afraid of?" The spirit asked as Harry ran past him.
Harry kept running only to pass the dead man again. "You fear what you are. You fear what you became. You fear what you can become."
Harry stopped and turned to the ancient being. "I'm not afraid!"
Flamel sighed. "Then you are either a liar, or a fool. The power you hold is as much of a curse as it is a gift. Yet if you do not embrace your potential then your life will be plagued with regrets."
Harry glared at the spirit and spoke quietly. "I fulfilled that prophecy years ago and I failed. Yes I beat Voldemort but at what price. So many people died and it my fault!"
"Your fault? Is it so bad being the hero?" The old man whispered.
"I DON'T WANT TO BE A HERO!" Harry shouted. "When your the hero, no one cares who you are. They only see the name, the scar, the stupid moniker, the list of accomplishments. It separates you from the ones you love. I will not let that happen, not again and not with Luna!"
"Then why are you on this journey?" Nicolas asked.
"It's not my journey, it's Luna's." Harry answered calming down. "I know what it's like to be where she is now. I know what it's like to feel alone, to have the weight of the world on your shoulder. I will always be there for Luna to help carry that weight. She has been through so much yet she is still as pure of heart as she has always been."
Flamel nodded. "It is your journey as much as hers. It is not a quest she can fulfill on her own. A time will come when you must choose between what is right and what is easy. The fate of Luna, magic and the world we stand upon will be decided by this choice. May you choose wisely."

After reuniting Harry and Luna from mediation, the Master Alchemist made then do what ever seemed to cross his fancy. They did hand stands, cartwheels, the chicken dance, back flips, front flips, the hockey cokey...while trying to practice more meditation.
"One must learn to focus their mind in any situation." The old man had told them, ignoring the fact that neither Harry or Luna could do half of what they where told to. Luna had tried using her powers but was quickly reprimanded by Flamel. Yet after hours of meditating while attempting hand stands, cartwheels, the chicken dance, back flips, front flips, and the bloody the hockey cokey...he finally called it a day and vanished.
"He is mad Luna, completely and utterly mad." Harry latter exclaimed.
"He is a most unusual being, quite brilliant and completely mad," Luna spoke calmly. "I like him."

"LOONEY, LOONEY, LITTLE LYING LOONEY!"
Luna's eyes widened as the Witch conjured a short but razor sharp knife. "You have lied Luna and lying is wrong. You must not tell lies. I'm going to make sure the world always knows what you are. Now hold still girl."
"I wonder what to write first. I know, how about FREAK!"
Bellatrix brought the knife to Luna's pure skin…

"Luna wake up!" Harry yelled just as Luna opened her eyes. She took in her surroundings only to see she was sitting beneath the stars as Harry held her tight. Luna buried her face into Harry's shoulders and cried.
"The same nightmare?" Harry asked feeling Luna nod into his chest.
"Ever since the Dementors...I keep seeing her... " Luna sobbed as Harry tried to comfort her. He didn't need her to finish, he knew what she saw.
"She's gone Luna." Harry whispered softly. "She's never going to hurt you again."
Luna shook her head. "As long as the Dark Lord's ideals live on, there will always be people like her Harry."
Luna's ears twitched as she heard the crackle of fire. She quickly sat up to see Nickolas Flamel sitting by a camp fire. Wordlessly he motioned for the two of them to join him by the calming flames.
It must have been an hour before the spirit spoke. "There is something very calming about fire. The way it draws us towards it. It is what we fear most yet we cannot help but be soothed by it's warmth. As long as there is fire there will always be people who benefit from it's heat. As long as there is fire there will always be those who suffer and burn."
"When you play with fire you get burned, yet that hasn't stopped us. As long as there is free will, there will be always those who choose the path to darkness. As long as there is freewill there will be those who suffer the actions of their own and of others. Yet without freewill life would not be worth living. Freewill is what mankind has been fighting for many generations."
"You fight for the same thing, the freedom to use magic. Despite what many wish to believe we are not created equal. You wish to gift the world with something that for so long as only been given to a select few. Those in power will not relinquish it likely. You may not be steeling their magic but they would lose control of their perfect small world."
"There is also much to fear. The American Wizards uprising of 1930 was a disaster. They tried to overthrow the Muggle Government, only to be hunted down by trained soldier with guns. The Wizards where still able to hit the Muggles where it hurt and caused the Great Depression but they where massacred in the end. Though most Wizards still remain ignorant, those in power know the truth. If it came to war against the Muggles we wouldn't stand a chance."
"Fear...under it's influence the most noble of us all can tumble and fall." The spirit uttered his eyes seemingly miles away. "I was but a child, when the plague came. Maybe 19 is too young to be considered a child but I was so young back then, so naive. It reached our little village in 1345. It killed everything in it's path, Muggles and Wizards alike. They of course blamed the other, destroying relations between them. Whether the plague was a terrible curse unleashed by one of the many Dark Lords of the time or a disease that spread through the rats Muggles harbored on their ships remains a mystery."
"My Wife and two children, became infected by this terrible sickness. I tried everything but it was no use. Then I heard the whispers of a Wizard who had discovered a cure to the terrible curse. Desperate for help I left to find this man and eventually I succeeded. I dropped to my knees and kissed his feet as I begged him to cure my family."
Flamel's eyes burned with hatred as he stared into the flames. "That vile man refused help my family, my wife my children. He told me he would only cure them if he was paid handsomely. I would have payed any price but I was broke. We owned nothing but the roof above our heads and what little food we could get are hands on. Without any means to pay him, the healer turned me away and condemned by family to a slow and painful death."
"My youngest died first...then my wife quickly followed...My first born was the last to die... and my family was no more." The spirit shed a tear as he turned away from the young Magicals. Luna gently placed her hand through Flamel's shoulder causing the spirit to smile sadly. "You know the saddest part of all. I can hardly remember them anymore. It's been so long...so very long, but the pain lives on."
"As the years went by I learned to live and love again. Five years later I ran into an old friend I had not seen since I attended Beauxbaton. A year later I was married to the love of my life Perenelle. Another year later history repeated itself."
"Ever since my first wife died I had become obsessed with Alchemy. I was desperate to find a solution to the two things that had destroyed my life, Poverty and Death. When Perenelle fell ill to the black plague...I couldn't let it happen again. I poured my heart and soul into my work. I was not only going to save my wife but I was going to gift the world with wealth and immortality. It seemed like a good idea at the time."
"I won't go into how I created the Philosopher's Stone but create it I did. I used it's Elixir of Life to cure my wife and turned all the metal we owned into pure gold. We where beyond rich and we where immortal. I would bless people with my gifts and became a legend among them. I healed the sick and gave my wealth to the poor. At first I did it only to better the world. I kept my identity hidden as I spread my fortune across Europe. As my notoriety grew so did my arrogance."
"My vanity became my undoing as a revealed myself to the people. They built statues in my name, they prayed for me to heal them and I answered their prayers. They worshiped me and I begun to feel worthy of it. I was more then worthy of it, I was like a God. In my mind I was a God. I let my ego corrupt me. Then everything went to hell."
"I don't know when it first started, one day my blessing were no longer enough. The People wanted the stone for there own uses. The rich wanted to become richer. Instead of being saved people demanded immortality. It was never enough, they just kept wanting more and more. I was ordered to make more of them but it was not so simple. I could only create one Stone and one Stone was all I created. They just would not take no for an answer and I found myself fleeing for my life. I watched people suffer and die was they killed each over, all fighting to get their hands on my work. Instead of blessing the world, I dammed it with another bloody war!"
"I let my heart become polluted by pride. I sold my soul for fame and glory. Worse of all I nearly lost the one thing I ever truly cared for...my family. My wife and I left the shores of Europe forever. We used the stone to remain wealthy and Immortal while we searched for a place to call home. We found that home here in Xanadu."
"We paid the ultimate price for immortality. I've had many children through the years but as time went on, none of them wished to live forever. I've lost them all to the passage of time. I so wanted to join them but I was addicted to the stone. I tried to stop drinking the Elixir but I grew weak and closer to death. With such an easy out I simply could not refuse the Elixir. Death is easy but dying is hard. I became consumed with the fear of dying."
"When one has power what they fear above all is losing that power, witch eventually I did. I found myself forced to destroy the stone after Mr. Riddle's attempt to steal it. I could not allow such a weapon into his hands. The next five years was torture, knowing that death was coming. It was so finite. The worst day of my life was the day my wife passed on. For the first time in 600 years I was alone. I followed shortly after but I made a terrible mistake..."
"You came back." Luna finished as the Spirit slowly nodded.
"Something like that. I was given an escape from death and in my panic I took it without question. I became like a ghost...Physically I died long ago but my soul shall remain forever. Not a moment goes by that I don't wish I made a different choice. Maybe then I would be reunited with my beloved wife once more."
Silence descended upon the Island as Luna and Harry unknowingly had the same thought. They would find away to help the poor spirit...somehow...someday.
"What happened to the man to refused to cure your family." Luna whispered.
Flamel sighed as he floated away. "I wasn't the only one he turned away. He made a lot of enemies who held more violent grudges. He was eventually burned at the stake. In hindsight I doubt he had a cure at all. Either way we both learned the hard way, when you play with fire, you will burn. Don't male the same mistake I did. Don't let power blind you from right and wrong. When you open your eyes you might find your too late."
Harry and Luna stayed by the fire for hours as they contemplated the Philosopher's words. Soon Luna felt Harry's head rest again her shoulder as he drifted off to sleep. Luna would have found this amusing but her thoughts lied elsewhere. She knew sleep would elude her as her eyes remained focused on the burning flames.

It may have been days, weeks, even months as Harry and Luna had lost all semblance of time on Xanadu. One day the Spirit interrupted there meditation with a soft yet commanding voice. "It is time. I am sure you are wondering right now why I have been asking you to meditate for so long. The answer is quite simple, to open your mind. Continue your mediation but I now want you use the spell; Imaginatio Potestatem."
Luna and Harry glanced at each over as they nervelessly took the others hand. Closing their eyes they both spoke the Magic words...nothing happened.
Nicolas chuckled. "This is why you mediate. You are to focused on your emotion, on your consciousness and your mind. You must let these things go to see the world for what it really is."
"And what is that?" Harry asked with narrow eyes.
Nicolas grinned as he waved his hand, gesturing at the paradise around them. "What ever you want it to be."
The spirit slowly reached out and to Harry and Luna's surprise held their hands in his own transparent grip. The alchemist stared into their souls as he whispered. "The moment you embrace the impossible is the moment when anything becomes possible."
Luna close her eyes and cried. "Imaginatio Potestatem!"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly what this power is or it will not work"

"You must surrender conscious thought and act solely on your instincts." The old man encouraged.
Luna's mind raced as she allowed images and words to enter her mind.

It was a spell that showed me just how little we know about magic...
To cast the spell you must not know the spell's intent...

"I don't understand." Luna hummed with annoyance.
"Good, don't understand it, at least not yet."

"Imaginatio Potestatem!"
"That's it, let go of yourself and embrace your own delusions." The Alchemist crowed.

Sounds and Visions

"To tell you would be too easy.
You humans must learn from your experiences"

I discovered something big Luna, something bigger than even my mission was. I discovered absolute power. The power to help the world, save it, enslave it, destroy it, and I just wanted to help Muggles."

"Imaginatio Potestatem!"
"Defy limitations, refuse expectations and let your dreams become reality." Flamel uttered

Memory's and Dreams.

Have you ever even seen a Nargle? Luna asked.
"Nope!" Pandora answered giggling with excitement.
"Then how do you know they exist?" Luna inquired further.
"I don't!" Pandora laughed.

Luna felt her mind enter higher states of consciousness. Sound seemed to fade until the deafness drowned it away. A vague feeling of numbness washed over her, while the light that shined through her eyelids vanished, leaving her in darkness. Suddenly, in this surreal moment of conscious unconsciousness, a memory appeared unbidden between her eyes.

One of the rarest of creatures imaginable.
They look harmless but despite their vegetarian diet can be quite vicious when threatened.

"Let go of your logic, let go of you sanity and embrace the Magic." The Dead Man cried, his voice breaking into Luna's consciousness.
Luna blinked twice...then it happened.

"IMAGINATIO POTESTATEM!"
.
.
.
And there it stood before Harry's unbelieving eyes.
The creature must have been the size of a small truck. It was covered in red fur with patches of hairless circles which revealed it's yellow scales. The creature stared it's bulging blue eyes at Harry who became acutely aware of the green horn on the top of its head.
As Luna looked at the creature with reverence, Harry shot a bewildered look to the Flamel. "How is this possible?"
The spirit looked off into the distance. "It is possible because it is. Nothing is truly impossible Harry Potter."
Luna slowly approached the creature as it turned it's gaze to her. Luna slowly reach here hand out as the creature lowered a head so large, it could swallow the girl whole. Luna's lips gave a small smile as her eyes held an expression of awe and wonder. She slowly petted the creature as her smile grew quickly.
"I don't understand." Harry gasped overwhelmed by the magic he had witnessed.
"Nor do you need to." The Philosopher uttered. "Whether or not you understand, this has no effect. The answers will appear when your mind is willing to except and embrace them."
Harry carefully approached Luna who's attention was completely absorbed with the creature. Harry rested his hand in Luna's who was now beaming at him. Harry couldn't help but match her smile seeing how happy she was.
The creature slowly marched away from the couple as Harry looked on. "That's a Crumbled Horned Snorkack isn't it."
Luna nodded. "I'm naming him Xeno, after my dads nickname. I can't wait to tell him."
At Harry's lack a response Luna giggled with mirth. "You still can't believe it can you."
"I don't know what to believe anymore." Harry muttered wearily. "Since I met you my world has been turned upside down time and time again."
"The world has no right side up Harry." Luna hummed with glee. "It's only a matter of perspective."
Harry grinned as he pulled Luna into an loving embrace. Hand in hand they silently walked through the paradise of Xanadu, oblivious to the Philosophers presence.
"Pandora wanted to know what Magic was. It was something she never lost. Magic is the eyes of a child when he sees something beyond their comprehension. The feeling you get when you clime the tallest mountain and let your eyes roam to the horizon. The sound of a symphony reaching into your heart and making it sing. The moment you find a kindred spirit to share the rest of your life with. When you say those three words that make you feel pure bliss, and the two words that bind two beating hearts together forevermore. The greatest of magical feats is not a spell or a potion but the sacred act of creating and nurturing...life. When you hold your child in your arms, you will know what magic is."
"It is the ultimate act of defiance, defying the laws of nature most assume to be unbreakable. It is the belief that anything his possible, that nothing is impossible but impossibility its self. It is all your hopes and dreams. The moment we lose sight of this is the moment we truly become Muggles and Squibs. What happened to the wonder and awe of seeing a women change into a cat. Traveling across the country at the speed of light. Stepping into a tent to see a palace. Flying on broomsticks, beholding a Dragon's flame. The extraordinary has become routine and dull. We have lost the drive to improve and evolve, to become better then we ever could be."
"What we perceive as magic is a mystical power that could bring us to a new stage of humanity. We could reach new heights we never even dreamed of. We could even achieve Nirvana. Yet with out the wonder of Magic, our mystical powers means nothing. We will continue to repeat history and suffering will always have a home in this world."
"Luna Lovegood. if you truly wish to bless the world with Magic, you must first find the Magic within yourself."
Sign up to rate and review this story