Categories > TV > Supernatural > The Gaurdian

Road Trip

by CodeyaVisonchaser 0 reviews

Laneri, Persecute, and Oppress hit the road in hopes to find Glooscap.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror,Romance - Published: 2017-04-20 - 1446 words

0Unrated
In the end we decided to hotwire a 65' Mercury comet. It was, a tan color and unfortunately very noticeable due to it's classic nature. Before we could get started on the wires Castiel walked into the garage. I automatically felt both drawn and repulsed by his presence, unsure weather or not to move forward or back. Not that it mattered, his stare was paralyzing, I was pinned to the spot.

"Laneri." Castiel's voice was deep and concerned. His brows where closer together then normal, showing uncertainty and worry. I felt oddly attracted to the angel again. "What are you doing here?"

My throat was dry, for some reason I took the question as rhetorical. Not that I would have answered if I thought otherwise, I found it physically impossible. For some reason I couldn't bring myself to lie to him.

It seemed the question wasn't rhetorical as Castiel continued to stare at me, patiently. Fortunately, Persecute had no troubles lying to the celestial being. "Press found some cars. He got excited and wanted to show us." Castiel's gaze shifted towards Persecute and he stared at her for a couple of seconds and I was afraid that he had seen through the lie. As soon as I believed that he had seen our entire plan his stare broke from Pers'.

I took the risk of glancing at Persecute. Her face was steady, showing no nervousness or signs of the lie. She looked... relaxed. I was very impressed but a little concerned at how easy this seemed to her.

Castiel looked over at me once more. "I'm going to get supplies from town. Does anyone need anything?" His words addressed all of us, but his gaze never left mine.

I opened my mouth to answer but nothing came out so I settled for shaking my head. He looked confused at my distress, but asked no questions. As soon as he left Persecute slapped the back of my head. "You are the worlds worst liar."

"I promise you I'm not usually that bad." I responded, the weight in my chest disappearing as soon as he left.

Oppress shook his head. "Its good that he's so blind to your flaws."

I looked at Oppress annoyed at the tone in his voice. "He was my Guardian Angel, he's probably seen all my faults."

Oppress laughed. "I'm not the only one to notice Heart." I raised a brow causing Oppress to roll his chocolate colored eyes. "Honestly, you two need to start socializing outside of our trio." He laughed. "Everyone has been reprimanded by the angel for something concerning the rules of the bunker." He lowered his voice to mimic Castiel. "Do not touch the records. Do not go into Dean's room. Stay out of that hall. Don't touch Sam's books." He switched back to his normal voice. "Literally everyone here has been ordered not to do something. Everyone, except you and you've broken the most rules by far. He doesn't even seem to notice."

For some reason I felt the sudden urge to test the theory, but instead I turned to the 65' Comet. "Look can we focus on getting this thing hotwired?" Persecute and Oppress exchanged a look but didn't press the matter.

"Just so you know." Persecute muttered "The best things come in three's Oppress. We don't need anyone outside of this group."

"The best things?" Press raised a brow. "Like what?"

"The Three musketeers, the primary colors, rock paper scissors, Veni Vidi Vici, 3D, the triple crown and the strongest shape, a triangle." She listed.

Oppress shook his head. "There was a fourth musketeer you know."

Persecute glared. "You know what, your right. Three's a crowd. Out you go." he swept he arm in the general direction of the door.

"Could we please focus for a second? We need to be gone by the time Castiel returns." Oppress started instructing me on what to do, unable to do it himself due to the stub that is now his 'left arm.'

"Don't get me wrong Oppress, I'm glad you can do this, but, why can you do it?" I asked

Oppress shrugged "I, like you have no memory. I can also pick pockets, I did it to one of the guys here without thinking, it just kind of... happened."

Persecute immediately gripped her watch, it was a pearly fossil watch that couldn't have been worth less than a hundred dollars. Oppress, gracefully pretended to not notice the gesture. Persecute looked suspiciously at me. "What about you Heart? Any hidden skills that we should no about?"

I smiled before shaking my head. "I'm a pretty good runner, if that counts."

~~~Time Skip brought to you by Mohammerhead Alsea: Float like a dead fish, sting like a ray."~~~

"Great, I'm driving!" Persecute called once the car started. It took longer than we thought it would, it seemed I had not talent when it came to hotwiring. I scoffed at Persecute. "I started the car, I drive it."

Pers gave a look that seemed to say 'fair enough.' I smiled and opened the drivers seat. Persecute shoot inside and placed her hands on the wheel. "You may have made it go but if I'm in a car, I'm driving." She signaled to the passenger seat with her head. "You can have shotgun though. Press, you're in the back." I exchanged a look with Oppress before we moved to our assigned seats.

Before long we where on route 281. My job was to tell Pers when to turn, which would have been fine if Oppress wasn't doing everything he could to make me forget which turn was ours. Fortunately I managed to get us to turn right on to US 36 and a few hours later onto I 229. Persecute had to ask me where to go when I 229 ended and for a moment I thought we had missed a turn. Oppress laughed at me and told Pers to turn right on to I29. I tried not to show my annoyance, it seemed to fuel him when I did. He thought he was being funny, I disagreed.

Pers drove long into the night and by the time it was 3am we had reached our destination. I looked back at Oppress who had fallen asleep in the back. His brows where knit together and a bead of sweat rolled down from his hairline. I reached back and shook him lightly. "Oppress?"

His eyes snapped open in fear before he recognized me. He stretched his arms. "Are we there?"

"Yeah, want something to eat? There's Mexican, Dairy Queen, and a sonic, all pretty close."

"Blug." I laughed at the odd noise. "I'm good thanks."

"Suit yourself," Persecute said indifferently. "I'm tired and want to get to sleep and Dairy Queens the fastest. So that's where we're going."

So far we had been running off the cash that had once belonged to the Winchesters. We had a few hundred left. The boys had a ton of cash, I suppose it was for the case that they ever had to go underground. Still I was hesitant to spend the cash on a hotel room. We were spending a small fortune of gas as it was. This car was not very ecofriendly in comparison to the modern models.

"I think we should sleep in the car tonight." I stated, trying to make the suggestion sound almost command-like.

"Works for me." Oppress laid back down in the back.

"Yeah well, not for me." Pers stated.

"I don't think we need to spend extra on hotel rooms. The car is comfortable enough." I made my thoughts verbal, hopping it would be enough to convince her.

"I don't agree. And I'm the oldest so my word is the final word." I felt a twist in my gut, both in rebellion and... fear? I ignored the feeling, feeling silly that I had felt such a emotion at the idea of sleeping in a room.

"It has to be cheap." I stated, my voice sounding weak. I received odd glances from the other two but thankfully, they didn't ask.

"Okay then," Persecute thought for a moment "There was a 'Imperial Lodge' a little ways back. It couldn't have been more than a two star. And I'm not going lower than that."

It was in that moment of choice that we had made our first mistake. For little did I know that that gut feeling was from a memory, tucked away in my subconscious. I had every right to fear. For what we where about to face I feared more than the four-eyed-shadow-cousin. I feared more than anything. It was the reason I ran.
Sign up to rate and review this story