Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Spies of the Georgia Straight: The Curse of the Giant Squid

Angel

by panda_1418 3 reviews

..........

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-09-05 - Updated: 2006-09-05 - 578 words

4Ambiance
I heard a whisper that touched deep inside my soul
like some familiar melody
a hidden chapter from a story left untold
I gotta feeling, I could believe in

[chorus]
there is an angel in my heart
feels like I'm guided by a candle in the dark
its taken all this time
to finally find out what I could never see
an angel in my heart
You were there 4 me
now there is no doubt that there will always be
an angel in my heart

You were the friend, You were the one I could confide in
You gave me strength that I could never find
deep emotions that's I've always been denying
I believe in, its so close now, its You that I'm feeling

[chorus]

finally found what I been searching for
(all my life)
it was right before my eyes
oh u are my angel
i know You'll always be there
You are my one and only angel
to finally found find what I could never see
(You were there for me)
now there is no doubt that there will always be
an angel in my heart

-Jump5
"Angel In My Heart"

---------------------------------------------------------
Delilah held her breath. It was this moment that would change her life forever.

Nosey's face fell. Delilah felt her heart break in two. But then, his eyes widened and his chest swelled.

"He's alive!" Nosey put his ear close to Julius' nose. "But he's not breathing!"

"Move!" Delilah cried, pushing him to one side.

She pressed her lips to Julius' and blew. She pressed on his stomach, once, twice, three times (thrice?). Julius let out a weak cough and a whole lot of water. Delilah sighed in relief as Ursula and Emmet arrived on the scene.

Nosey took out his cell phone and called Al, then the hospital. In ten minutes, Julius was on a stretcher being loaded into an ambulance, with his four friends - maybe only two? - riding in the back with him.

---------------------------------------------------------

Julius was taken to a hospital on Vancouver Island shortly after. Al and Scarlett arrived hours later. The doctors weren't sure if he'd be OK - he had been in the cold water for hours. Still, Delilah was happy to have her partner back, even if it would be for only a few days.

Days passed slowly. Julius was growing stronger, he just refused to come out of his sleep. The doctors were baffled by it. He should have woken up days ago, but it didn't happen. Al and Scarlett were beginning lose hope, but not Delilah and Nosey. They stayed by Julius' side 24/7, only leaving for bathroom breaks.

Finally, one day, it happened. Julius yawned and stretched. It was kind of a let down in the waking part. They were all expecting something more ... dramatic. He rubbed the back of his neck then opened his eyes. For some reason, he looked surprised.

"I thought I was supposed to be ..." he shrugged. "Dead."

Delilah smirked. "Sorry to disappoint you." She took a folded piece of paper out of her pocket. "I have something for you."

Julius unfolded the paper and burst into laughter.

"Lemme see it!" Nosey yelled, grabbing it. He too fell about laughing.

On the piece of paper was a picture. Julius' face was frozen in a yell, and his one hand was a blur. But if you looked at it, you could clearly make out a spider crab, clamped on to his finger, looking stunned.

THE END.
Sign up to rate and review this story