Categories > Anime/Manga > Prince of Tennis > The Amazing Race: Anime Edition

Around-the-World Trip or Mission?

by crazyinsanechan 0 reviews

Some insane author invited the cast of Beyblade, Naruto, Prince of Tennis, Shaman King, and Yu-Gi-Oh to join her version of The Amazing Race.

Category: Prince of Tennis - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor - Characters: Echizen Ryoma, Fuji Shuusuke, Inui Sadaharu, Kaidoh Kaoru, Kawamura Takashi, Kikumaru Eiji, Momoshiro Takeshi, Oishi Syuichirou, Tezuka Kunimitsu - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-10 - Updated: 2006-09-10 - 1814 words

0Unrated
Ei, minna-san! This is my first ever fan fic, so please go easy on me. By the way, this fan fic can also be seen in FanFiction.net, and it's already in Chapter 18.

Before we start, I'd like to express thanks to my two best friends - Saemi and Siopee - for being a big help in this fic. I so owe you guys big! /glomps/

I'd also like to thank my two idols: Kagome Taisho, because my muses started working when I read her fic; and archer-razilia for rousing me to write sneak previews in my fic.

Disclaimer: Beyblade, Naruto, Prince of Tennis, Shaman King, and Yu-Gi-Oh are owned by Aoki Takao, Masashi Kishimoto, Takeshi Konomi, Hiroyuki Takei, and Kazuki Takahashi respectively. I do not own them because if I did, I would have turned this into a series.

One more thing...

The setting in Beyblade is post G-rev, and Daichi is not included. In Prince of Tennis, it was when Tezuka came back from Germany. In Yu-Gi-Oh, it was after the last episode. TT And for Naruto and Shaman King, everything's peaceful already.

Okay, I hope you guys enjoy. Here it is!


¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö
THE AMAZING RACE: ANIME EDITION

CHAPTER 1: AROUND-THE-WORLD TRIP OR MISSION?
¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö¡Ö

"WOW! SUGOI!"

Kai, Kyouju, Max, and Rei paused from their morning training just as they heard Takao's scream of joy.

A few seconds passed, and the young Beyblade World Champion returned with a piece of paper in his hand. He was grinning from ear to ear.

"What happened, Takao-kun?" Kyouju asked, returning to his laptop. "Did you win an all-you-can-eat promo in that restaurant you've wanted to go to?"

"Maybe he won a lifetime pass in that restaurant," Max said lightheartedly.

"Or maybe he's been chosen to live in that restaurant forever!" Rei added, laughing.

"No, but read this!" Takao said, holding out the letter for the rest of the Bladebreakers to read.

"Congratulations, our dear Bladebreakers! Our company has chosen you for a free around-the-world trip!" Kyouju, Max, and Rei were now grinning like Takao. Kai remained unsympathetic, as usual.

The Bladebreakers continued reading the letter. "We will meet you in Tokyo International Airport tomorrow, Flight 733, at precisely 9 a.m. We hope to see you there!"

"Free around-the-world trip? Wow!" Kyouju exclaimed. If one could see his eyes, it would probably be sparkling by now.

"That sounds like fun," Rei said contentedly. Of course, who wouldn't be eager - besides Kai - when you receive something for free, and an around-the-world trip at that? "I could use a day of recreation from all that Beyblading. I'm in!"

"Me, too!" Max yelled happily, bouncing up and down. "In fact, I'm gonna pack right away!"

Rei looked at Kai, who he instantly knew wasn't interested in an around-the-world trip, as usual, but he asked, anyway. "How about you, Kai? Are you coming with us?"

After a few seconds of pondering (which was weird, since Kai's direct answer would be a no), Kai finally spoke up. "Are you guys going to annoy me until I say yes?"

Kyouju, Max, Rei, and Takao looked at each other, as if quietly coming to a decision. Next, they looked at Kai and nodded at the same time.

The captain of the Bladebreakers sighed in defeat. "Fine," he said, "but don't make me watch you guys."

"We can take care of ourselves, Kai, don't worry," Kyouju said. "But in Takao's case, however..."

"All right!" Takao cried happily, joining Max in bouncing up and down. "Look out, world! The Bladebreakers are coming!"


The Bladebreakers weren't the only ones who received a free around-the-world trip. There were three more groups who received the same letter, inviting them for the same reason.

Meanwhile, at Seishun Gakuen Middle School, while the other members of the tennis club were practicing, the regulars' eyes (maybe except for Kunimitsu Tezuka, Ryoma Echizen, and Syusuke Fuji) widened as their fukubuchou, Syuichiroh Oishi, read the letter.

"Wow!" Oishi exclaimed, looking at Coach Ryuzaki. "Ryuzaki-sensei, are you sure this invitation is for us?" he asked cautiously.

Coach Ryuzaki nodded. "Mr. Ishikawa gave that to me, so I'm sure that invitation's for all of you," she replied. "Why? Don't you want a rest from all your training?" she added lightly.

Eiji Kikumaru jumped up and down, hugging his doubles partner in the process. "Yay! We're going around the world! We're going around the world!" he sang. "Nya! This is gonna be fun!"

"Fsssh..." hissed Kaoru Kaidoh, but he was ready for a vacation any time now.

"I'm up for that!" Takeshi Momoshiro said, while the others nodded in agreement. "I think all of us deserve a short diversion from the training."

After that, the regulars started talking about their trip.

"Nya, Oishi, do you think I should bring my teddy bear?" Kikumaru asked. "He might get too lonely at home!"

Oishi sweatdropped. "Uh, I'm sure he'll be safe and sound at your house, Eiji," he assured the acrobatic player.

Ryoma adjusted his cap. That reminded him of something. Who's going to take care of Karupin while he's gone? He better let his cousin know about this at once. Who knew what his oyaji would do to his beloved pet when he's away?

"Wait a minute..." Momo said. "Is he going?" He looked at Kaidoh with aversion. "I'm not going if he's going!"

Kaidoh glared at Momo. "Fsshh... Then I'll be going so I can't see your face," he retorted.

"What did you say, Mamushi?"

"Fsssh! Don't call me Mamushi!"

Inui brightened up, thinking of all the data he could acquire during the trip. Maybe he could look for some bizarre ingredients while traveling. That means there's going to be a new juice coming up...

"Saa, you've got a lot of baby-sitting to do, Tezuka," Fuji said, smiling his odd smile.

Before Momo and Kaidoh could start a bloodbath, the vein in Tezuka's forehead popped. "Momoshiro! Kaidoh! 50 laps around the court!"

The two stared at their captain with horrified eyes. "Hai..."


Meanwhile, in the main office of the Kaiba Corporation, Seto Kaiba received a call from Jounouchi Katsuya, inviting him to join the around-the-world trip. Why Jou thought that he could convince Kaiba into joining him, we have no idea.

"Even if the world ended, I wouldn't join you in your trip!" Seto set the phone down, feeling very irritated.

"What happened, nii-chan?" Mokuba Kaiba asked, just entering his brother's office.

"Yugi and Katsuya invited me to their free around-the-world trip," Seto explained. He snickered. "Let them try for a few more years, but they'll never be able to talk into me."

At that instant, Mokuba fell down on his knees. "Come on, nii-chan! It's a free trip, after all! Weren't you complaining that trips these days are costly?"

Seto looked away, fearing that if he looked at his little brother, he might just give in. He knew he shouldn't have told that; he was horrified of what would happen.

When he did turn to face Mokuba, his face was low, and his eyes were huge, like a pleading puppy. (A/N: Yes, people, puppy eyes work every time!)

Seto sighed in defeat. Why couldn't he withstand his brother's every whim? He took the handset of his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello, Katsuya? I've changed my mind."


Meanwhile, the calm house of the Asakuras wasn't that calm any longer.

"When I said invite your friends, I didn't mean invite the whole town!" Anna Kyoyama said, her eyebrows raised.

Yoh looked at his friends - Ren, Jun, Horo Horo, Pirika, Chocolove, Manta, and Lyserg. The moment he invited his friends to a free around-the-world trip, they appeared from out of nowhere. The funny thing was, Jun and Ren were at China and Lyserg was in London a few seconds after he called them up.

"Uh... you see..." he tried to explain, but he couldn't make a good explanation because of his fiancé's irritated eyes. "Because... the letter said to invite as many friends as we want...

"A-and... since they're my friends... I invited them...

"Come on, Anna... this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity... I want to share it with my friends... Pleeeasse?" He gave Anna the puppy eyes, although it had a record of 975 failed attempts on Anna.

Anna thought for a moment. Finally, she said, "Fine. But you have to do everything I say by the time we return here."

Yoh nodded right away, grinning from ear to ear. Of course, he almost never got his way when it comes to Anna. (Emphasize on the never.)

Horo Horo shook his head dolefully. "He had no idea of what he's up against."

"Let's offer some sacrifices to Kami-sama in his memory," Manta said, praying that his friend reach heaven in one piece.

It was another story for another group.

Tsunade, the Fifth Hokage of Konoha, called for Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Ino, Choji, Shikamaru, Hinata, Neji, and Lee to her office. "I have a mission for the nine of you," she said.

"Why does it have to be the nine of us?" Sasuke couldn't help but ask. "I'm sure that the three of us could do the job well." However, he regretted that he said three. He was sure Sakura could do her job well, but for Naruto, it's a different story...

The Fifth Hokage glanced at the letter that she received a few minutes ago. "The letter stated that nine ninjas were to complete the mission," she explained. "The mission must be really important."

"So what are we supposed to do?" Shikamaru asked unenergetically.

Tsunade read the letter carefully again. "It says here that you need to go to Tokyo International Airport tomorrow at 9 AM at Flight 733. Someone will fill you in on your destination."

Lee's eyes sparkled. "We're going to the airport?" It was obvious that it'll be his first time on an airport.

"We're going to ride on an airplane?" Naruto jumped up and down. "Yay! We're gonna fly!"

A huge whack on the head from Sasuke followed.

"Just make sure that you won't look like mountain men while you're there," Tsunade said. "And don't humiliate me there, especially you, NARUTO!" She emphasized on the name.

"You can count on me! I won't humiliate you, Old Tsunade! You know me! You can count on the best ninja in Konoha..."

And almost everyone fell asleep because of Naruto's ramblings.


Yugi: "Hey, everybody! This is Yugi Mutou! I'm here at home packing for our trip, and I'm so excited! I'm just glad that we'll be able to go on vacation after all that's happened to us! Now I can relax without worrying about who's going to take over the world! But then again, surprises might be in store! Find out in Chapter 2: Pandemonium and Groups."

"How come there are so many people?"


So, what do you think? I hope it's really good. Please feel free to comment or suggest. points to Review button
Sign up to rate and review this story