Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 32 Eavesdropping

by Reign_Madden 0 reviews

Please r&r

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-09-11 - Updated: 2006-09-11 - 1026 words

0Unrated
New Jersey
Gerard's p.o.v

'Has doll face woken up yet?' I ask Mikey. Frankie and I had just come home from the cinema.
'Yeah our little angel woke up and went back to sleep' he answers sitting up.
'You're kidding right?' I reply not quite believing him.
'Nope she woke up, we had a chat that didn't end well and she stormed off to her room. She hasn't come down since.' He says
'This is madness she's gonna drink herself to death...wait can you do that?' I ask unsurely
'Yes you can and no she won't' Frankie says lighting up.
'How do you know?' Mikey and I ask in unison.
'Because Reign is smart ok, she just needs sometime.' he replies.
'Yeah but how much time and what if something goes wrong while we're waiting for her to snap out of this phase.' I question.
'I don't know how much time she needs Gerard but nothing's going to happen to her she never leaves the house she's perfectly safe here.' Frankie says.
'I hope your right Frank, coz I hate to have to write a song about her.' I reply laughing.

I waited all afternoon and most of the evening for Reign to wake up but she didn't. At around 6.00pm Bob and Ray came home shortly followed by Angela.
'Hey baby' Angela greeted me kissing my lips.
'Hey yourself' I reply
'Eww get a room' Mikey calls from the couch
'Get a girl' I retort falling into the armchair and pulling Angela onto my lap.
We sat there in silence for a while watching MTV and eating.
'Where's Reign?' Ray asks breaking the silence
'She's asleep...again.' Mikey answers adjusting his glasses.
'You really need to talk to her Gerard, you know she listens to you the most' Frankie chimes in.
'I will when she eventually wakes up' I say
I don't know why you let her stay here baby I mean she's all better now. She's just freeloading off of you, It's not right.' Angela states
'Firstly she's not all better and secondly she's not freeloading she's our guest' Mikey replies shooting Angela a dirty look.
'What ever, I think she's only hanging around you because you're about to make it big' Angela says
'Wait isn't that what you're doing?' Bob enquires innocently.
'Fuck you Bob I'm here because I love Gerard. Everyone knows that.' Angela says.
'Is that the same way you loved him two months ago when you broke up with him?' Mikey argues
'That's enough don't start that shit now. Mikey don't talk to her like that' I plead I hated it when they argued.
'Your right Gerard I'm sorry for talking to your girlfriend like that and Angela I look at you and I'm just plain sorry.' Mikey says bursting into laughter with the others. I wanted to laugh but I knew better.

Normal p.o.v

You wake to the sound of laughter coming from the living room below you. You roll onto your back wiping the drool off your cheek. You sit up dropping the empty bottle of vodka you had clutched in your hand. You swing your legs over the side of the bed and breathe deeply feeling each breath clearing your head.
'OMG it's 9:00pm' you say to yourself. 'I can't believe I slept all day'
You pull your socks on that you had dropped carelessly on the floor earlier. You listened to the muffled conversation coming from downstairs and you realise how much you've missed being around them. You head for the bathroom to wash your face and brush your teeth.
You stop short when you hear voices coming from Mikey and Frankie's room. You nosily press your ear to the door and listen.

'I'm tired of her being here man, I can't take it anymore' Frankie says
'I know I don't like her either, when I first met her she was okay but now I just wanna throttle her. Mikey replies
'What are we supposed to do, we can't ask her to leave?' Frankie says
'Dude this is your house tell her to get the fuck out.' Mikey retorts laughing.
'I wish, but you know Gerard likes having her around.' Frankie replies.

You push away from the door, your heart pounding loudly in your ears. You can still here them talking but you can't make out what they're saying. You walk blindly back to your room closing the door behind you. You put your hands over your mouth to stifle a cry as tears flow down your cheeks. You slide down the door resting your head on your knees and cry as the weight of the words you've just heard sink in.
'Well fine, if they don't want me here then I'm gone' you say to yourself through sobs.
You run over and fling open the closet door, pulling out your old duffle bag. You walked around the room grabbing your belongings and shoving them in the bag. You opened your purse and counted the contents $50 plus your cash card was more then enough for you to start again with. You put the purse back in the bag and zip it up carefully lowering the bag to the floor, you look at the clock again, and you decide it will be best to go when they're all asleep. You lie on the bed waiting for the time to tick away.

Gerard's p.o.v

The rest of the night went pretty well with the exception of a few catty remarks between Mikey and Angela.
I checked on Reign before I went to bed, I watched her still frame rise and fall with each breath. I wanted to lie down next to her and tell her everything would be all right eventually and that we were here for her. I just wanted the old Reign back the one that was sweet, caring and helpful. Not this new alcoholic Reign who passed out and vomited more then she ate. I went to sleep promising to speak to her in the morning I'd do anything to make her see that things would get better.
Sign up to rate and review this story