Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Game of Survival

Game of Survival

by funkyfood4 0 reviews

4 young teenagers fight for their lives as their home is buried within the ocean.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2017-08-07 - Updated: 2017-08-07 - 638 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

It was a rainy day in Key West, Florida. That's where I live, right by the ocean on Blanche St. actually it wasn't just a rainy day, we were in the middle of a downpour.

The weather man's voice blared on the television, urging everyone to stay indoors. The rain sounded like golfballs hitting the roof of my one story, somewhat moldy, house.

The lights would flicker every so often, as it usually did during these kinds of days.

I heard the buzzing of my phone, which was sitting on the table next to the couch. I jogged from my place at the window and answered it-.

"Hello?" I ask

"Hey sweetie, it's your mom." My mother replies

"Hi mom, when are you coming home, this storm is getting pretty nasty." I tell here as I glance out the window.

"That's the thing sweetheart, I won't be able to get home, not until the storm is done at least."

"It's ok, I'll just heat up some left-overs." I tell her

"Ok, I love you honey."

"Love you too, Mom." And with that I hung up.

I sat looking mindlessly at the TV, it's just been my mother and I ever since I could remember.
My father had left when I was just 3 months old. She would always say how he left us with just enough money to get by.
Needless to say, I have no idea where that money went.

As I stared at the floor I heard a knock at the door, I went to go answer it, had my mother been able to get home?

As I opened the door there stood a pale, ash-blonde with a backpack, drenched with water.

My best friend.

Annabeth.

I smile as we embrace each other in a hug.

"I thought you where going to be in Maine the whole summer!?" I ask as we pull apart.

"My dad and I decided I should spend sometime with my mom before school starts!" Annabeth beams.

"Well I'm glad you're here I was starting to get lonely!" I exclaim as she walks inside.

"My mom got stuck at the factory, how about yours?" She asks

"Yeah my mom can't get home either."

Both our mothers work at a cigar factory across the island.

"Boy Harper, this storm is getting pretty ugly." Annabeth tells me as she drys her hat off.

"I wish my mother would get back." I say.

"I could stay over if you would like, I have a few pairs of clothes in my bag, I haven't unpacked yet." She tells me.

"Great, I'll go heat up some food and we can watch the weather."

I press the buttons on the microwave and wait for the timer to go off.

"Hey Harper!" Annabeth calls to me from the living room.

"Yeah?" I ask

"This weather guy is right by the beach about a mile from your
house."

I glimpse out the window and see two figures braving the storm, I'm guessing the weather man and the camera man.

Annabeth's eyes glued to the TV, and mine out the window we watch it amazement as a tree tumble down right next to the weather man.

Then what seemed to be out of nowhere a 100 foot wave came and crushed them both, carrying them to the sea.

I stared with shock, and so did Annabeth who had seen it on the TV.

I stepped over to her and the channel quickly switched over to the hosts at the news station.

The hosts stared at their monitor in shock, trying to process what just happened. And suddenly the electricity in my house went out.


------------------------------------------
Sorry that chapter was so short, I wanted a good cliffhanger at the end. I own all these characters, you cannot copy my story without my permission.
Sign up to rate and review this story