Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Sand Puppy (Gaara love story)

1

by RandytheSuperSalty 0 reviews

She only ever met him through a screen, her existence unknown to him. Then one day she wakes up in his world, it was like a fanfic with only one small problem. She wasn't human

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gaara - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2017-09-02 - Updated: 2017-09-02 - 783 words

0Unrated
   As I lay in my bed, trying to sleep against the morning sun, I feel someone poking me. It wasn't painful, but it was annoying so I give whoever it is a chance to stop. I mentally count to three before growling and sitting up. "Stop!" I order and stare up at the sleep destroyer. It came as a surprise to me that my words were not of human language and that this guy was a giant Kankurō. 
   "It's alive at least." He says with a bored look. "It's probably dehydrated." I can't respond due to the shock of it, this couldn't possibly be a dream could it? It didn't feel like a dream, but this can't be real. I look down at my canine body, inspecting it from every possible angle. I was honestly scared at my situation and this Kankurō wasn't helping by calling me an it. I look at my surroundings, sand in almost every direction and making me itch all over. My body instinctively shuddered before shaking away a large amount of sand. 
   "What do we do with it Gaara?" Temari spoke up, I hadn't noticed her until now and she met my gaze. "It's kinda cute." She points out and who am I to deny it, all dogs are cute. 
   "I don't care what you do with it, I'm going back." He says, walking around his siblings and I. Temari's eyes light up as she scoops me into her arms. 
   "Then we need a name for...." With a quick, yet embarrassing, check she knows my gender. "Her." 
   "Why do we need a name?" Kankurō asked curiously as he peers at me from over his sister's shoulder.
   "Because Gaara said we could keep her." She responds, twisting his words a little. He glares lightly over his shoulder, not wanting to be responsible for this mistake. 
   "Then let's name her Chō." He suggests and I listen carefully, wondering why you'd choose that name. 
   "No Kankurō, that's your teddy bears name." She refuses and Kankurō stutters out a lame excuse. "What do you think Gaara?" 
   "I don't care, you could name it Hazuki for all I care." He grunts in response, not looking back. Never the less Temari smiles. 
   "Hazuki, I like that. That'll be your name." 
   "I already have a name," I whine despite the fact that they don't seem to speak dog. The rest of the trip was filled with silent scratches behind the ears, which felt great and a little awkward. It wasn't until I saw the walls surrounding Suna towering above us that I realized where we were going. I kept my eyes open nearly the whole walk to the Kazekage tower, taking in every inch of the amazing village. Sure I had seen it while watching Naruto, but this was real. I think. It didn't even matter because it felt real. I was still excited when we entered the tower, around every corner was something new and I was interested. It wasn't until Kankurō knocked on the door in front of us that I noticed we had arrived. 
   "Come in." A reply to the unspoken request signalled for Kankurō to open the door. He slid it open and stepped in, followed by his siblings. "The scrolls?" 
   "Right, um.... Hold on." Temari set me on the floor and started fishing in her bag for the scrolls. While on the ground I took the opportunity to move around, feeling slightly off balance and a little wobbly as I waddle around. I feel someone's gaze on me and I look up to see Gaara, an almost amused look on his face, staring down at me. My tail wags on its own and with an instinct I didn't know I had, I turn on the traiter in a never ending game of chase. 
   "What did you bring home this time?" The Kazekage asks as he peers over his desk at me. 
   "A puppy, she's kinda like our mascot now." Kankurō grins and I send him an annoyed look, not to keen on being called a mascot. 
   "Do you believe this animal can understand you?" He questions, addressing no one in particular. 
   "Yes," in a surprising twist it was Gaara who spoke up. He seemed to be done speaking, instead studying me which confused me. Without a word the Kazekage pulled out a Suna headband. 
   "A mascot needs a uniform." Was all he said before dismissing them. Once the door closed behind them Temari crouched down and tied the headband around my neck. 
   "It's only temporary, but welcome to the team Hazuki." 



(A/N) Chapters tend to be short and slow

Sand Puppy is also currently published on:
Wattpad
Quotev
Deviantart
Sign up to rate and review this story