Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Catastrophe (Various!Akatsuki x Reader)

Catastrophe (Various!Akatsuki x Reader)

by RandytheSuperSalty 0 reviews

The Akatsuki are turned into kittens and wake up in a world much more advanced than their own, they're taken in by a kind girl and her friend. Will they get the answers to the ever growing pile of ...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Itachi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-09-02 - 1927 words

0Unrated
(A/n) This is a reader insert with they/them pronouns, if you're a female then you should know that reader-san is flat-chested as the character will not have noticeable boobs. Reader-san will have some piercings and tattoos. You will get to choose your own name/hair/hair color/eye color/etc so don't worry, you're not Kardine or Sabine. You do not appear immediately, but you are in this chapter so don't give up right away! You also get the Akatsuki all to yourself, including Konan~ If you read this far then just know you're at the end of my authors note, I hope you enjoy this story. I've never seen one like it and thought it would be fun to write!





        "Why can't we get a dog?" Kardine asked for the one-hundredth time that day, her girlfriend sighed tiredly at having to explain the reasons again.

        "We live in an apartment and we don't have time to take care of a dog right now, it would be unfair to the pupper to be locked in an apartment alone all day." Sabine held a valid point, both girls worked most of the day and were rarely in the apartment on an average day.

        "What about a cat then, let's get a kitten!" Kardine suddenly changed direction, Sabine remained silent as she thought about it, dipping the french fry into her melting milkshake. 

        "Alright." She finally agreed, Kardine letting out an excited squeal almost instantly. "But it has to be free, I'm not paying a three hundred dollar adoption fee for anything less than a giraffe." 

        "I can live with that," the older girl agreed as she checked the time on her phone. "Dang, your shift at the store starts soon. We should get going, if we don't then I'll be late." Kardine starts packing up the remainder of the food as she talks, the younger female quickly assists her and tosses the garbage into a nearby garbage bin. The two climb into the car and leave the park. "Okay, I'll see you after work."

        "I'll pick up some groceries." Sabine smiled, giving a quick hug to Kardine before opening the door and heading in to start her shift. 

        "Knowing my luck we won't find any free kittens, that or they'll be little monsters," Kardine muttered as she drove to her job on the other side of town. 

~~~~~~~

        "Hey Kardine, I think I may have found some kittens within our price range ," Sabine calls out to the colorful girl, Kardine looked up from her laptop with a handful of her rainbow dyed hair in hand. "...What are you doing?" 

        "Watching a youtube tutorial...." 

        "For what?" 

        "For the 'EASY! French Braid Fish Tail Bun!" Kardine read the title of the video, dropping her hair in defeat. "Easy my ass, you said something about kittens?"         

        "Yeah, a co-worker found a bunch of kittens in her basement. She decided to keep one of them but I guess these ones kept picking on her 'Mr. Fuzzykins.' I tried to tell her that we didn't want eleven kittens and just one would do, but she wouldn't listen." Sabine explained as she set the box down, opening the cardboard flaps.

        "Eleven? Awe, they're perfect!" Kardine smiled down at the felines who stared up at her in return. Sabine looked at them unimpressed. 

        "Don't get attached, we're only keeping one." 

        "Why only one?" The kittens slowly started to jump out of the box, grouping together in the middle of the room. "They all seem pretty close...."

        "It's kind of creepy." Sabine agrees, moving the empty box out of the way. "Well.... we'll look for new homes for them but in the mean time, I suppose we can keep them here. I mean, they're just kittens, how much trouble can they be?" 

        "You hear that guys? You get to stay with us for a while!" 

        "Maybe we should give them names...." Sabine gently reminded her roommate.

        "You're right, we should do that."

Your POV.

        You stare back at the two girls with the rest of the Akatsuki, taking in their appearance. There was a shorter, slightly chubby girl with a rainbow of curly hair that framed her noticeably freckled face. The girl referred to earlier as Kardine looked toward the girl on the right with curious green eyes. "Sabine, do you know how to tell if they're a boy or a girl?" Now her friend was almost the opposite, she was taller and thinner. Her skin tone nearly matched Kakuzu's, only a shade or two darker, with gold flecked brown eyes. The right side of her head was shaved and the unshaved side had long straight black-brown hair that turned into pink at the bottom. Their styles were different yet similar and they seemed pretty close. 

        "No, but I'll look it up on my phone." 

        "Okay, well I'm going to turn on some music," Kardine said, the two girls pulling out small rectangular devices from their pockets. You look around the room with interest, the kind of stuff they had was new to you. 

        "Okay, I figured it out," Sabine said, slipping the box back into her pocket. "Bring me the first kitten." Kardine did as she was told, grabbing the first to volunteer which was unsurprisingly Tobi. You watched as the girl checked for something specific, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Was she going to do that for all of you? "It's a boy." 

        "Congrats," Kardine said as she reached for another kitten. Itachi didn't fight her but he was obviously as uncomfortable as everyone else. 

        "It's a boy." She said and it continued like this, whether the Akatsuki members went peacefully or had to be dragged hissing and scratching, eventually all eyes were on you. "I can't tell, I guess we should give them a gender neutral name until we can take them to the vet." 

        "Welp, does this mean we can name them now?" Kardine asked excitedly, Hidan was wrestling one hand while the other held a string just out of Tobi's reach. 

        "Yes, just don't get the blue ones confused." Sabine grabbed hold of Deidara, dragging him away from Sasori. "We can start with this one." 

        "Oh, what about.... hmm." She seemed to forget the name almost immediately. "Calcifer. You know, like the demon from Howl's Moving Castle."

        "He looks like a Calcifer," Sabine agreed as she looked over the yellow kitten.

        "Did you hear that hmm? I look like a demon." Deidara sounded proud as he rejoined the group, Hidan was on his feet quickly. 

        "My fucking name is going to be ten times cooler than yours, you bitch." He pranced right up to the girls, ready to hear what they come up with.

        "This guy next huh?" Kardine said, rubbing the hand he was chewing on. 

        "I have a name on the tip of my tongue...." Sabine said, snapping her fingers as though it helped her remember. The sound irritated your ears a little. "Deuce." 

        "Deuce? Like," she held up two fingers. "Deuces?" 

        "That name is shit...." Hidan muttered. 

        "What was that un?" Deidara said smugly, snorting at the name. 

        "I said, that name is the fucking shit." Hidan covered, glaring defiantly at the blonde.

        "No, like Aron Erlichman. I listen to his music a lot," she corrected.

        "Oh, him! I love his music, this cat may be my new favorite." 

        "We still have to name the rest, so stay focused." 

        "Well Hidan, sounds like you may actually have a good name." You look over at Pein, although his appearance had changed once you entered this world his eyes did not. "Red is a good color for you Leader-sama~" 

        "(Y/n)...." He looked at you wearily but before he can continue he's taken from his spot. 

        "This guy is adorable, I love both the red ones to death but I can't tell them apart." Sabine sighed, holding Pein and Sasori close to her chest. 

        "This one has purple eyes, that one has brown." Kardine points out, "I love how small they are. But this one is even smaller." You allowed her to cuddle you, and though it's true that the three of you were the smallest in the group you feel as though she didn't need to point it out. 

        "Well, I want to name purple eyes.... Gilbert. Gil for short." 

        "Do you want to name the girl Ann with an E too?" 

        "Nah, I'm good. Now as for pretty brown eyes, Percy." 

        "Can we name that black one Corn?" Kardine points at Itachi, he stares blankly at her before making eye contact with you.        

        "Are you okay?" He asks, approaching you. 

        "I'd love to be put down, this is rather uncomfortable." You confess, struggling to get comfortable in the crook of her arm. 

        "Tobi will help!" The man-child raced over, jumping into the area with impressive agility before landing directly on you. Of course, with Tobi's help, nothing will ever go right. "Tobi is sorry!"

        "Let's call this one Frogger~" Kardine laughed, setting the both of you on the ground safely. 

        "Yay, Tobi did it! Did you see that Senpai?" The masked kitten cheered, nearly plowing into the blonde. They argued loudly as the naming continued. 

        "What about this girl?" Sabine set the two kittens down, gently scooping Kisame into her arms. 

        "That's the boy, I thought you said not to confuse the blue ones." Kardine chides, holding Konan up in Sabine's face. 

        "O-oops, well any names coming to mind?" Kardine pursed her lips before pointing at Kisame.

        "Jolly Rancher." 

        "What's a jolly rancher?" Kisame asks, everyone just shrugs. How were you supposed to know what kind of things this world had?

        "And the girl can be Lizzy." Sabine decides, looking over the kittens. "Three more."

        "Monokuma," Kardine points at Zetsu then at Kakuzu. "Berlioz, like from the Aristocats." 

        "And last, but not least. For the non-binary kitten, Aubrey." 

        "Isn't that a guys name? Like Agent Aubrey from Bones." Kardine asks, you slink away from them and settle beside Kakuzu. He's pretty chill compared to the younger members.

        "Eh, any name can be non-binary if you believe hard enough." Sabine shrugs, grabbing a white object that's almost like a book without pages. "Let's watch some Naruto before supper, we're almost to through the chunnin exams."

        "Okay, can't believe we have never actually watched the whole anime though." Kardine agrees, climbing onto the sofa next to Sabine and placing a white cord into her ear. Sabine does the same with another piece of the cord and the two remain there quietly, light occasionally flashing on their faces. You look around at your feline companions, they were all doing their own exploring of the place and it seemed fairly safe. 

        "Hey Leader-sama?" You approach the red kitten as he lays beside Konan, "do you think we're in any danger here?" He seems to study the girls for a while before answering.

        "I don't believe the girls mean any harm." He shares, "but if Orochimaru becomes human first then we'll have a real problem on our hands." It was true that you weren't the only people from your world who had appeared here as kittens, the ex-Akatsuki member Orochimaru had also come to this world. And if he managed to become human before you, he'd pose a threat that not even a name like Mr. Fuzzykins could change. 

        "Don't you mean paws Leader-sama?" Frogger, I mean Tobi, called out cheerfully. 

        "Ugh, Tobi." Pein sighed in frustration, there was no way to escape Tobi's immaturity and that aggravated everyone to a certain extent. 
Sign up to rate and review this story