Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Maiden of Conquest

Prolouge

by CarouselQ 0 reviews

[Talaiporia is just your normal liege of her lands...right? She's actually the Goddess of Conquest and currently has a hell of a lot of work to do-]

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-11-27 - Updated: 2017-11-28 - 526 words

0Unrated
PROLOUGE

“The lights from the old lavender homemade candles that my mother used to make were covered in my blood and plenty of ancient herbs were around me while I prayed over and over again. I could hear father’s groans and yelling from outside the house pleading for mercy from the town people who thought our family as full of demons and witchcraft. They weren’t wrong, but we still needed cover. My mother’s voice ringed in my ears whispering “Kill them like they did with me, do it, don’t be afraid my flower...” Prayers and yelling was all I could hear until a gunshot was heard and I jumped; I looked behind the curtain that protected me to see my father lying on the ground, covered in a bright red color. Father had a bag full of stolen supplies in case we needed to run away. I pulled my two brothers and told them to run into the forest, go to the nearest town and ask for our Aunt Lucinda, and not look back while I gave them the bag. Once I couldn’t see their backs anymore I went back and sat down in front of the circle of my blood I was in before and kept praying that this nightmare ended. I kept trying to block out the noise of the yelling from the townspeople and them banging the door….until I saw a person dressed in black standing in the circle. I looked up slowly and heard them say “Grab my hand, you’ve been chosen, you will live a new life...“ I looked down, closed my eyes and reached for the person’s hand as soon as the town’s people knocked the door open... and everything went black…
*****************************

I woke up in sweat and sat up, breathing heavily and looking down at my long black nails and then looking at the side to see my reflection in the mirror. The two scars on my face and down my neck, my dark brown eyes, my hair as black as night with the tips stained with a dark violet color… everything changed about me that day, everything... “My liege? Good morning, Tea and Breakfast is ready.” said Alexis, my butler. “Thank you Alexis, I’ll be down shortly.” And with that being said I got up and changed. Once I was out of my room and walked slowly down the hallways and stairs of my manor, I remembered. I’m not my old self anymore, I’m not Kia “the daughter of the dead witch” from Greece anymore… I’m Talaiporia, World Goddess of Conquer and the Liege of the Lands, taking care of the dead and starting war is my job...not only that but, I’m forced to do so… why? Because I accepted this job, I had to….it was the best way to avenge my parents death at the hands of the townspeople...do I like it? I don’t know… but it’s my only way of survival…

It’s my cause of death and birth; in short it’s my curse.

PROLOGUE END
Sign up to rate and review this story