Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Maiden of Conquest

Worries

by CarouselQ 0 reviews

[The Monthly Meeting of the Four Horsemen can't go wrong! Right...?]

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2017-11-27 - 1302 words

0Unrated
“Thank you for the breakfast Alexis, and Bonnie please clear the table and prepare some tea for later, Raymond please list the events that will happen today” I spoke as I stood up and walked out to the inside garden. “Lord Gia and Lord Ares will come in a few hours for personal matters, Lord Adrien will arrive from his trip as well, and your brothers; Sir Argyros and Sir Leontius will have supper later tonight.” I smiled when I heard the names of my two brothers; it wasn’t easy to convince and lie to them that I got engaged to a Lord and that he died of plague, therefore passing his power to me. I couldn’t tell them the truth, I ran the risk of losing them, and that already happened once, so I won’t let that happen again! And Adrien is coming home…! Such marvelous news! Oh I missed him so much… “Thank you Raymond, you’re dismissed. Please help set up for the meeting later. I’m counting on you, Bonnie, and Alexis.” With that Raymond left my sight and I sat down looking at the beautiful flowers in front of me. My manor was pretty large and I only have four servants, Alexis my main butler, Bonnie the maid, Raymond the chef and my advisor at times, and Kenta the gardener- wait, where’s Kenta?! I stood up and went out to the outdoor garden looking for the youngest of my servants “Kenta? Where are you?” I spoke aloud hoping to get the attention of the young man. “A-ah! Here m-ma’am!! Terribly sorry! I dazed off w-while I was picking out some vegetables for dinner later!” said Kenta running towards me with some dirt on his face and a basket of vegetables on his back. I sighed and fixed his hat, brushing off some of the dirt on his face. :”Be careful now then! Continue with what you were doing” I said in a motherly way. I saw the flustered look on his face and he quickly went back to his duties.

Now, back to what I was saying, I have four servants that excel in certain things. For example, Alexis is extremely intelligent and skilled in clever traps and things of that sort. Bonnie is a Angel that I managed to save from being executed because she didn’t think like a normal Angel, so now she serves me as I give her protection. Raymond isn’t only good at cooking, but is an expert in weaponry and explosives, he was close to being killed until I saved him and offered him a job and protection. Now for Kenta; he’s a half demon. He knows how to control his power a little bit, but it all turns into hell when he gets furious. But of course, something as relaxing as gardening is perfecting for a young boy like him; he’s only 12 after all. “Mistress? Lord Gia and Lord Ares have arrived” said Bonnie from not too far “I’ll be there! Get them to the room will you Bonnie?” after I saw Bonnie nodded and walked away as I prayed that Adrien come back in time for the meeting. I walked into the room where the meeting would be held and opened the door excitedly, “Tal-tal! It’s so great to see you!!!” said Gia and he quickly ran up to me and gave me a hug. Ares looked at me with a face of approval and walked up to embrace me “Nice to see you too Ares”, he hand signaled me asking where Adrien was, “Oh Adrien? He’ll be here soon don’t worry” I said with a bit of sadness. With him being a reaper and God of Death, of course he would barely be home, but a part of me was selfish and wanted him to be here with me. “Excuse me” Bonnie said as she poured tea into cups while Gia, Ares, and I sat down for discussion, and at that instant, someone knocked the door and came inside the room “Hello? You guys were going to start the meeting without me?~” a childish voice spoke, who was none other than Adrien. I quickly got up to hug him in which he hugged back while Ares and Gia smiled like idiots. We noticed their smiles and walked away from each other, a faint blush on my cheeks. “Well, now that we're all here we should start this meeting, hmm?” spoke Adrien as we all nodded in approval and Bonnie left the room after serving tea.

We all sat down and looked at Adrien. “This is the 9,083th monthly meeting of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse; we destroy with purpose to create new beginnings. Our meeting will start with the problem at hand” Adrien said as he stood up and opened his bag and took out a blue folder. Water, I thought, something has been happening to the lands that involves water. “There has been a huge number of hurricanes and floods during the past two years but a recent one has come to my attention which left more than 100 dead humans” said Adrien in a annoyed voice. “Hmm, I have seen some of the lands and trust me I’ve seen more humans in other places than those” spoke Gia in a concerned voice. Ares hand signaled that only two people could possibly be provoking this type of trouble. “You’re right Ares, only Suijin or Poseidon could be the one's doing this disaster” I spoke up for our mute friend. “Those two could be up to trouble or it could be Nerthus; she’s been acting very sketchy recently...” Adrien said deep in thought. I froze a bit, remembering the past events that we had to deal with Nerthus. Ares patted my back and secretly told me that it was all going to be okay in sign launguage. I smiled as we all tried putting our thoughts in order trying to figure out who was meddling with the humans; until Alexis barged in with a worried expression “My Liege! It’s Kenta! He’s having a vision and mental attack!” he yelled out as I stood up and ran out the door with the rest of the Horsemen with me. We all ran outside to see Kenta outside screaming and crying with his demon form taking over him. Red flames coming out of his body and the vegetables he picked were all burned. “Kenta! Control it please! Breath deeply and think of your sister! Remember the daisies she loved so much! Please think positive!” I yelled out loud summoning my death scythe along with Adrien as we prepared ourselves to pin him down. “M-my lady! Agh! P-please leave! A-ah! It’s h-h-her! She’s going t-to get you too!” yelled Kenta as he stepped backwards and fell. Adrien and I took this chance and jumped up to slam down on him with our scythe’s so he wouldn’t move “Gia! Weaken him!” Adrien yelled and Gia threw paper explosives at him to control his rage and Ares threw golden fire pins ahead of him. Kenta stayed immobile, grunting a bit as the scythe’s kept him down. Bonnie came slowly and kissed his cheek which left a burn mark and put him to sleep immediately. “Bonnie put him back in his room and make sure he gets a water compress, alright?” I said as Bonnie replied “Yes Ma’am” and walked away carrying a sleeping Kenta in her arms and we all took a deep breath and walked to the meeting room. He said that she was coming, I thought, could it be that Nerthus finally has the potential to give her revenge?
Sign up to rate and review this story