Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > On The Run, a Stranger Things fanfic

Chapter 2

by NerdHerd 0 reviews

El and Mike get interrogated

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2017-12-12 - 563 words

0Unrated
“I’m sorry,” El whispered, clutching his hand.

“No, it’s okay. We’ll get through this. I’m not losing you again. I love you, El,” Mike blushed.

Seconds later, armed men flooded the basement. One man stood out in front.
“All right, kids. We just want to ask you a few questions. Sit down,” He commanded.

The two obeyed immediately.
El fidgeted the whole time, looking nervous. The questions included things about El and if we had seen her around lately.

El looked at her feet and played with her hair.
“Young lady, can I see your wrist?” He asked, reaching for her arm.
“No!” She retorted.

“Let me see your arm!” He reached again, but she pulled away.
They went back and forth before he got a hold of her arm and turned it over, revealing a tattooed number ‘011’.

The man gasped as he saw it and reached for his radio.
“We found her! I repeat, we found subject Eleven!” He almost shouted into the small radio.

Mike grabbed El and dashed upstairs, only to be surrounded by more armed men.
“Put your hands behind your head! Don’t move!” They ordered, and they followed.

They closed in on the two, and tried to grab Eleven. Mike put his arm protectively over El’s chest.
“If you want her, you will have to go through me!” Mike challenged, but one of them grabbed Mike from behind, and threw him on the couch.

El turned to face Mike, only to be shouted at.
“Don’t move! We will open fire!” They warned, but who was she to listen? One of the men took aim, and fired.

“El!” Mike shouted, standing up.
El whipped her head around, and the man who shot her smashed against the wall. Blood dripped from her nose. More men took aim.

She had been shot in the back. It was non-lethal, thankfully.

Mike rushed to the scene.

“El! Eleven! Are you alright?”
“Mike, look out!” El warned.

There was another shot, and Mike closed his eyes, awaiting the pain that never came.

When he opened them back up, the dart was centimeters away from his face, and all the men were on the ground, unconscious.

The dart dropped on the ground in front of him, and he picked it up to inspect it.

“Mi- Mike,” El muttered, and collapsed.

“El! Oh god, El!” Mike panicked, scooping her up in his arms.

He rushed her back downstairs into her fort. He plucked the dart out of her back, and tossed it aside.
She was bleeding out of her nose and ears.

“El, lets get you cleaned up,”
“Mike?” She asked weakly.
“Yes?”
“Hurt?”
“No, I’m not hurt. But you are. We’re going to get you somewhere safer,” Mike planned.

He got a tissue and wiped away the blood. He sat her up gently.

“I’m going to go check upstairs on the bad men, stay here,”
El nodded.

Once Mike got up there, he realized all the men were gone. There were footprints leading out the door and the vans were gone.

“They must have fled,” he thought, slightly disturbed to say the least. An entire army, just, gone?

He can back downstairs to find El asleep. He placed a blanket over her and kissed her goodnight. He snuggled close to her, and went to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story