Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > On The Run, a Stranger Things fanfic

Chapter 3

by NerdHerd 0 reviews

El Mike and the gang go into hiding from the government

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2017-12-16 - 781 words

0Unrated
Mike awoke suddenly the next morning, slowly remembering the events of the previous night.

In a panic, he looked over at El to see if she was alright. He sighed in relief when she was.
He gently shook her awake.

“El? Are you alright?”
El grunted in protest.
“We have to get you up. Hopper must be worried, and the bad men might come back,”

She sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes.
“Mike?”
“Yes?”
“My head hurts,” she said, rubbing her temples.
“Maybe we should get you something to eat.

“Eggos?” She asked excitedly.
“I’ll see if we have any,”

Mike cautiously walked upstairs, looking around for any of the men. He found none.

He dug around in his freezer for some Eggos, and he popped them in the toaster. He grabbed his walkie while waiting.

“Lucas? Dustin? Will? Does anyone copy? It’s an emergency!” Mike said into the radio.

“I copy. What’s the emergency?” Dustin answered.
“It’s the bad men. They almost captured El!”
“What? I’ll be over in an hour,”
“Alright. Bring Lucas and Will,”

The Eggos were finished, and Mike put them on a plate garnished with syrup. He brought them down to El. Her eyes lit up when she saw them.

“El, Mike, Lucas, Dustin and Will will be over in a little bit,” Mike explained to her, and she nodded in agreement as she chowed down in her breakfast.


An Hour Later


“What’s the emergency? It better be worth waking up at nine A.M. on a Saturday,” Lucas complained.

“Guys, I’ve gathered you here today to tell you that the bad men are still after El. We were chased down last night. This is bad,” Mike explained.

“What do we do? They can’t be far behind us. El, can you find where they are?” Dustin asked.

“I can try,”

She blindfolded herself, turned the T.V. To static, and waited.

She suddenly tore the blindfold off, looked to the boys, and slowly nodded.

“We’ve gotta go. We could go to the scrapyard,” Will suggested.

This was a good suggestion, considering other terrible places there were to hide.

Everybody exchanged glances, and rushed to their bikes. They rose to the scrapyard.

Once there, they came up with a plan.
“We’re fugitives again. What now?” Dustin complained.

“We could hide her here. Build a camp or something,” Lucas shrugged.

They heard cars and helicopters approaching.

“Shit,”
“Oh my god,”
“Oh no,”
“Dammit,” everyone muttered at once as they rushed to hide their bikes and then hide themselves in a patch of tall grass.

They laid on their stomachs, as low as they could get. Their breath was shaky, the ground was cold, the grass was scratchy and uncomfortable. It was hard to keep quiet.

Around ten vans pulled up, and around five men in each van leaped out carrying weapons.

“Guys, we have to move. Now!” Will hissed, and they crawled as quiet as they could away.

All was going well until they heard someone call, “What’s that moving over there?”

They crawled faster, making more commotion. Heavy footfalls came bounding towards them. They were suddenly surrounded by multiple men.

“Stay where you are!” They commanded.
“We found her!” One of them shouted.

They rolled onto their backs, propped up on their elbows.

A man in a suit approached them.
“Children, why are you running from us?” The man spoke softly.

“You’re going to take El away!” Mike retorted.

“You must understand that she is dangerous and could get you kids in serious trouble,” he protested.

He signaled for one of the men to grab El, which he did. She struggled in his grasp, but it was to no avail.

“Let her go!” Mike ordered.
“She is not dangerous! She is our friend!” Lucas chimed in.
“She’s our friend and she’s crazy!” Dustin joined.

They started to drag El away, but the tires of the vans suddenly popped. Blood started to trickle from her nose as she she smirked.

They continued to carry her and the rest of the men aimed their guns at the boys.

They shut her in the back of one of the vans, and the men loaded up, and started to drive away, once the tires were changed.

“El! ELEVEN!,” The boys called as they rode after the van that took her.

The van got to fast for them, and it faded out of sight.


They stopped their bikes at a curb, and sat down to think.

“They took El again. What do we do?” Mike concurred.

“I don’t know,” Will answered, “but we’ll need Hopper,”
Sign up to rate and review this story