Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 8 > My Story

Shooting Star

by khawk 0 reviews

Rinoa's story from beginning to finish. Meaning it goes on past the end of the game.

Category: Final Fantasy 8 - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Irvine, Quistis, Rinoa, Seifer, Selphie, Squall, Zell - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-09-22 - Updated: 2006-09-22 - 739 words

0Unrated
My Story

I, Rinoa Heartilly, walked into the ballroom of Balamb Garden in search of the headmaster, Cid. This was a great opportunity to discuss an event to take place the next day. It was the inauguration party for the new SeeDs and there was no reason why I couldn't join in with the celebration while searching for Cid so I dressed up for the occasion.

Walking further into the room and the dancing couples I was rather enthralled at my surroundings. I stopped to look up through the glass domed ceiling at the night sky in time to see a shooting star. Watching a while longer I felt calm. I had the feeling someone was looking at me and turned to meet icy blue eyes that had just looked down from the shooting star themselves. Looking at the owner of the eyes, I froze for a split second, he was the best looking guy I had ever seen, but there was something about his gaze. I saw powerful emotions and then in the next instant I was blocked out by an icy wall.

I smiled and pointed skyward, he showed no sign of acknowledgement except for a tilt of the head in either confusion or interest. To this day I do not know which though I feel inclined to believe it was confusion. I decided to approach him. As I got closer I could see him more clearly, he had a scar that looked fresh crossing over the top of his nose, however it didn't affect his looks what so ever. When I came to stop in front of him I began to feel a bit shy an awkward but having just approached him I was not going to turn around and walk off. "You're the best looking guy here" No response what so ever, shyly I placed my hands behind my back and asked, "Dance with me?" Still nothing "Let me guess...you'll only dance with someone you like. Ok then...look into my eyes..." I began move my finger back and forth in front of his eyes chanting "you're going to like me...you're going to like me"

Laughing I asked, "did it work?" In a sense it did, it got an answer out of him "...I can't dance" without wondering if it was an excuse or not I said "you'll be fine. Come on" then added "I'm looking for someone. I can't be on the dance floor alone." I tugged on his arm pulling him along, weaving in and out of the couples till we came to a space.

Tugging him a little harder than I meant to he stumbled into me. He stepped back very self-consciously. So I took hold of his hands putting them in to place, placed my own in position and led him through the steps. I remember him being so self-conscious his feet were moving too slowly and as a result bumped into me again. I didn't mind I rather enjoyed teaching him. We began again; I span away from him but pulled him with me by accident causing us to collide. He looked apologetic and tried to escape, but I grab hold of his arm pulling him back. I wasn't willing to let him leave; there was something about him. We started again and he begins to get the hang of it. Everything starts to go smoothly when a couple bumped right into us, they seemed angry. It annoyed me after the all, mysterious stranger was just losing his self-consciousness. Pulling a face and sticking my tongue out was my only reaction. I turned to 'him' and smiled. We again managed to the whole routine without a single fault. He span me out then in and everything seemed to stop. I was vaguely aware of the couples surrounding us but I was rather lost in his eyes. Suddenly he looked away up above our heads at the fireworks that had just been lit. I could see them reflecting in his eyes and smiled, I was about to ask him his name when I saw the headmaster over his shoulder.

He turned to look at me; I smiled, winked and held my index finger up wanting him to remember. As I walked away I could feel him watching me leave. I had a feeling we would meet again. I don't remember much about talking to Cid or going home but ...
Sign up to rate and review this story