Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 8 > My Story

Plan

by khawk 0 reviews

Rinoa's story from beginning to finish. Meaning it goes on past the end of the game.

Category: Final Fantasy 8 - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Irvine, Quistis, Rinoa, Seifer, Selphie, Squall, Zell - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-09-22 - Updated: 2006-09-22 - 709 words

0Unrated
My Story

I remember well his reply; it was my first real insight into his character. Back then, on that day it kind of showed him as a workaholic, I guess. But now after all this time I have spent with him his reply that it was all to do with work was a barrier to or diversion away from a conversation he didn't want to participate in.

I remember introducing Angelo to him, I don't know why I don't usually introduce her to the people I meet. But I didn't just introduce her I bragged about how smart she was, what tricks she could do. Now looking back on it I realise Squall must have been pretty bored listening to me, a complete stranger, ramble on about my dog.

I was excited to meet the two other SeeDs he had mentioned and ran out the door before him. He followed at a much slower pace and upon arrival indicated a blonde haired boy of small stature. He had a black tattoo covering the left side of his face; I couldn't imagine him getting his Mother's permission to get that. "This is Zell..." Squall introduced him in his usual flat voice, and then he turned to a tiny girl with brown hair and bright green eyes. She was grinning cheerfully the way only she knows how. She was wearing a bright yellow (and extremely short) dress that later I would realise would match her personality remarkably well.

Glancing at the two of them I waved and uttered, "Hi everyone!" before leading them into the backroom where we had set everything up ready for the mission to begin. The nauseous feeling that normally accompanies nervousness was almost overwhelming and very distracting. I vaguely remember listening to Zone and Watts filling the three SeeDs in on what was to happen during the mission. I do remember having to cut in to stop their flow of insults against the President. I seriously believe that if I hadn't we would never have caught the president's train, not that that would have been a bad thing for one I wouldn't have been so embarrassed that Squall was there to witness our failure and gullibility, they honestly could have gone on forever.

When it was my turn to speak I was hoping beyond hope that I would be clear, concise and definitely not lost for words for I could tell that the SeeDs, well Zell and Selphie anyway, were getting impatient. I talked them through the model of the train and the railway. I remember mentioning that it was absolutely vital that the first uncoupling of the trains was complete by the first switch point, leaving the warning hanging in the air. It was at that point that I found out how lively Selphie really was, she answered with "BOOM!...Game over, right?" It caught me off guard but I quickly continued with the explanation noting that Squall hadn't said a word since entering the room. I got the impression that he was a quiet person; I just didn't know how right I was. Turning to him I explained how I would be relaying the codes that uncoupled the trains to him and that he would be the one to climb down the cable. I looked for signs of fear or at least a sense of foreboding but I saw nothing, he stayed completely indifferent. He still didn't say a word.

By the end of the meeting I was confident that things went pretty well and was in a good mood until Selphie asked why my train on the model was shabby, I defended myself but I really don't think that they believed me. Then she rejected the plan saying it was too much hassle. I believe she said something similar to "Heeey! How about this? Let's derail the president's car. Y'know hit him with a big log or something. Then we can watch it crash and burn! Ooh...So what do you think?" Then came a silence that didn't end until Zell replied that there was no point in killing him before abducting him. I feel so sorry for her sometimes; she hardly ever gets her plans to be approved, they're always so destructive...


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story