Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > The Goatman

Nightmare

by panda_1418 2 reviews

The Goatman is just a myth among the locals in Prince George's County, Maryland ... or is it? Delilah and Julius are sent to look for a missing agent in that area, and find a little more than they ...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror - Published: 2006-09-22 - Updated: 2006-09-22 - 684 words

1Original
"Does, like, the name Cindy Mortimer mean anything to you two?" Al asked as Delilah and Julius walked into his office. They shook their heads. "Hmm. I thought not. Anywho, she's, like, new to the Academy. I sent her on her first mission with her partner, Connor, a few days ago. Simple missing persons case, man, but she hasn't been in contact with us since yesterday. We're afraid something, like, big is going down."

Delilah glanced at Julius. There were bags under his eyes from lack of sleep. She probably had them too. The bags were from the back-to-back missions they had been on for about a month. The Academy was short-staffed now. All the agents were wiped. She assumed the only reason Al was giving them this mission was so they could have a bit of a break.

"Where was she last heard from?" Julius asked, trying to disguise a yawn.

Al pressed a button on his keyboard and a map appeared on the TV in his office. "Maryland, kiddos. Your jets, like, waiting for you on the tarmac, ready to go. The exact location is programmed into it. See you soon."

Delilah waved half-heatedly at Al as she and Julius slumped out the door. Maybe she could catch up on her reading during the flight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[En route to Maryland]

Delilah was reading a new book, and for once, it wasn't about the history of their mission location. It was titled /Supernatural Happenings of America/. She was so tired, it was hard to focus on the chapter she was reading. Something about a goat ... or a man ... something ... Prince George's County ...

Slowly, Delilah's eyelids closed. But only for a second. She opened them almost right away, expecting to be staring at the plane floor. However, she was looking at ...

... grass?

Delilah looked around, confused. She was in a clearing in the light of the full moon, with dark, eerie trees on either side of her. How had she gotten here? Wasn't she on a plane a few seconds ago??

An unearthly howl ripped through the calm night air. It wasn't human, but wasn't quite animal either. The screech sent chills down Delilah's spine. Her tiredness was forgotten instantly. Oh god ...

A warm mist settled on the back of her neck, making her go rigid. Her eyes widened as she barely suppressed a scream. She was so tense, she was shaking. A deep panting began to sound behind her. Mustering all her courage, Delilah pivoted on her heel. And then she screamed.

She was staring into blood red, glowing eyes, glaring back at her with extreme hate and malice. Something flashed by her head, gleaming in the moonlight. Her eyes darted to the side. The eyes were attached to a body, and the body was holding an axe.

The creature raised the weapon, pausing as it reached the tip of an ark. Delilah glanced into the horrible eyes once more before the axe came swinging down.

"NOOOO!!!"

"Delilah!"

The shout brought her back to reality. Her eyes snapped open as she gasped for breath, sweat dripping down her face. She was having a hard time to keep tears of fear and relief back. Delilah tried to stand, only to find her legs were too weak. She stumbled and fell.

An arm shot out in front of her, wrapping around her stomach. Her knees wobbled and shook until they gently touched the ground. She looked up, finding that she was staring into the concerned face of Julius.

He placed both his hands on her shoulder. "De, what happened? You were screaming in your sleep!"

She took a few deep breaths before answering. "Nothing ... it was nothing. Just ... just a nightmare."

Julius looked doubtfully at her, but dropped the subject. "Just sit back and relax. We'll be landing in Prince George's County in a few minutes."

Prince George's County? Hadn't she been reading about that before the nightmare? Delilah's hands flew to the book she had been reading, still open to the page. The title of the chapter was:

The Goatman
Terror of Prince George's Country
Sign up to rate and review this story