Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > I'm still working on a title

Chapter II

by SnowAhriman 0 reviews

Enter Rin! Well Hiei has a new job now. Can he handle kids though?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover, Humor - Characters: Rin, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-09-24 - Updated: 2006-09-24 - 3898 words

0Unrated
Chapter II. Wow I didn't think I was going to get this many out before I even got around to posting. Well I would like to say if you are reading this I am thanking you.

I don't own, you don't sue.


Chapter II

Hiei followed Sesshomaru through the forest. He remained two steps behind the lord. From watching him it was apparent that he was the Sesshomaru that had such shady relations with the rest of the demonic community. Sesshomaru did something unthinkable about 500 years before Hiei's time.

Yeah, Hiei came to the conclusion that he was in a different era. There was nothing else to explain the lack of cities in what was clearly the human world. The number of humans was even too low and when they did come across a few they coward in fear of them. It was how humans were to act in the presence of youkai. They weren't to walk on bye as though the youkai was no danger.

His anger at Yusuke wasn't going away by a long shot. His inner youkai wanted the damnable detective dead but he wouldn't do that. Kurama, not to mention Yukina, would never talk to him again. He would face their 'relationship' with a blank face and inner anger and a murderous drive.

Hiei stopped on instinct when the taller youkai did. They were just out side a barrier, after walking for the last day and a half at slow place they had arrived some where. Sesshomaru touched the barrier with his right index finger. A door way just big enough for the taiyoukai to step through opened. Hiei followed again with out question.

----

Rin was in the garden stringing and braiding a strand of flowers together. The blooms were in a pattern that the child found to be eye catching and beautiful. She didn't know why but this time she picked the darker flowers in the garden. Something told her that she needed to put the deep colors together, someone was coming home with her Sesshomaru-sama.

"I wonder what they will be like?" She said to no one in particular. The child didn't know how she knew these things but she knew what was to happen often. That was why she was so drawn to Sesshomaru when they first meet. That may have been how she survived the attack that killed her human parents but it was too long ago to remember.

She finished the last connection of the second strand she made and walked to where she knew she would be able to meet her lord and their guest. Smiling when she saw him she took off in a run and hugged his leg. Looking up at her 'father' so to speak she greeted him.

"Sesshomaru-sama you are home earlier. Did all go well?"

"Rin," he said in response. She just smiled and handed him the flowers she braided for him. The light colors were the normal flowers that she gave him and that he would put in his private study.

Once he had the flowers she turned to the other youkai. "Hello, what is your name? My name is Rin. I live here with Sesshomaru-sama, are you staying for a while?"

The girls questions hit Hiei kinda hard. She was human but wasn't afraid like all the others they had come across. She was all but jumping for joy to see him and her lord. He didn't answer but was handed a string of flowers much like the lord's but his was created from the darkest colored flowers.

With out warning the slightly shorter girl hugged him softly speaking into his ear. "You are a very nice person you know that? You are going to make some one very happy."

Hiei didn't know what to think of the child. She couldn't be more then nine and yet she had such wisdom in her eyes and voice. And as soon as it happened it was gone. She told Sesshomaru that she was going to go make sure dinner was ready for them, and so she ran off.

'What a pure child?' Hiei found some part of him saying. Growling he locked that baka part of him away again, how could he let that stupid half of himself get lose?

----

Dinner was held in the dinning room. It was bigger then the whole of Kurama's apartment but the kitsune liked living in a cramped environment being more humble since he was reborn as a human. Yet something else he found to be a fault in the one he once believed to see him loving. He noticed that he was trying everything to make Kurama look like a horrible choice for him, it was all to shield his heart from the pain of seeing him with Yusuke.

The owner of the castle didn't talk that much, in fact if it wasn't for Rin there wouldn't be a noise at all at the table. She talked nonstop, it seemed as though she didn't need to breath or that she would pass out any moment. Her last two days came to life with her worlds. She wove a tell much as she wove the flowers together. Hiei had inspected the flowers and could not see how she did it. The stems were crossed and braided in a pattern that he could not see with out taking it apart.

The room that he was shown to was dark. Rin told him when she guided him to it, that she redecorated it this morning. He was surprised to see it looked so much like the room he had in Mukuro's place in the Makai. The demoness was one of a kind and treated him like a son. Back to the room. It had dark crimson bedding and curtains with black trimmings. The rug on the floor was black and the trimmings crimson.

"Hope it is to your liking, Hiei," the girl said as she was about to leave.

"How do you..."

"I am not just the human child you see before you. Sleep well, Sesshomaru-sama won't let you stay here with out getting some answers from you. He will summon you in the morning."

The girl left him wondering how the hell she could do everything she did. Was she a youkai in a human's body or was she something else?

----

Sesshomaru set in his study thinking over the day's events. He had a 'guest' that he knew nothing about and the toad, Jakin, keep coming to him complaining that Rin redecorated on of the rooms in the guest wing of the castle or planted a different plant or something else that he didn't approve before it was done.

The girl seemed to be doing this kind of things a lot lately. She seemed to know everything that happened. He would walk into her room before telling her that they were going on parole only to see her packing what she would need for the week long trips.

So many questions about her keep coming to his mind. How could she be so different from the other humans? Not all humans...the miko, she was like Kagome. They both acted the same when it came to him, although the miko didn't hug him on sight.

Drumming his fingers on the desk he was seated behind, he tried to think of a good excuse as to why he brought the apparition home with him.

'His aura, not only was it strong but he is going through something...just like I am. He is being denied what he craves.' Sesshomaru thought to himself. He had no clue where it came from but it was there. He would have to ask his guest in the morning. He was planning on talking with him anyway.

----

The sun rose and Hiei was up to watch it. From the balcony he could see a good distance over Sesshomaru's lands. They were beautiful compared to what he had seen of the Nigenkai. The humans had populated their world and it was a shame. If it was like it was here he would have been happier to stay. Then again Genkai's was like this but the old hag did know a good amount about the worlds around her.

Hiei was watching the sun came up over the horizon when there was a knock on the door. Opening it he found a small, green, toad like creature, mumbling something about running errands and watching the brat human.

Turning a glare to the creature he snorted. Looking up the dumb creature had a look of fear on his face. "My lord wishes to speak with you."

Hiei just pushed past the toad. He could feel Sesshomaru's strong youki from the other side of the castle so he found him with out a problem. Not even bother to knock he walked into the study.

Sesshomaru looked up from the paper work he was doing, turning his gaze to Hiei, then to the toad that came running in behind him.

"I'm sorry my lord he just ran off and wouldn't listen to..."

"Leave us Jakin." The toad's jaw dropped but he didn't dare disobey his lord and master.

Now that they were alone there was a tension in the air that they couldn't understand. They had not been enemies or lovers at any time. They didn't even know each other yet they were here and even the sharpest sword couldn't cut through the tick feeling of the room's atmosphere.

"I would like to know a little more about you, Dragon."

"My name isn't 'Dragon,' it is a title."

"Then what is your name?" Sesshomaru pressed while waving his hand offering the other a seat.

"Hiei," was the answer, short and sweet. Something about the name struck a cord with Sesshomaru. His name only suited him because of his power, and he had a mountain of it. Hiei took the offered seat and waited for the next question.

Being as it was, neither spoke for a moment or two. "Why were you fighting the mutt?"

"If you are speaking of the hanyou I was fighting when we met. He attacked me." Hiei was surprised that he felt comfortable with the youkai to be talking as much as he was.

"Why did he attack you?" Sesshomaru was more than curious now, what was he a neko. (1)

"I called him and his lover weak." Hiei didn't know what happened but Sesshomaru's eyes were as red as his own, instead of the once molten gold they were meant to be.

"I wish you don't discuss their love life, in any form, in front of me." Sesshomaru said in a tone that said he was the boss all must listen.

"And why is that?"

'Don't tell me he is in love with one of them. That would make this a little too awkward.' Hiei thought of the irony of it all. He found the one he had feelings for in bed with another and the lord may love a matted man.

"Why did you call them weak? Why were you even in that clearing?" Sesshomaru asked changing the conversion back to the subject as to why they were there.

"I was going through a portal to the Makai but I ended up at the bottom of the dry well in the clearing."

"Portal? Makai?" Sesshomaru asked wanting more information.

"Where I came from there is three worlds. The Reikai, or the World of the Dead. The Nigenkai, or Human World. And the Makai, or demon world. The only way between the three worlds are portals. My portal was hit by a spell causing my being here." Hiei stopped. He sounded like Kurama, long winded.

He was surprised that he had told someone that he just met so much about him and his little issue. Thinking back, not even Kurama could have gotten that much out of him when they first met. But then again when they first met they were fighting each other.

Sesshomaru took in the new information a little cautiously but had no right to believe he was lying. In fact the story was so well said that the more he thought about it the more he believed it.

"Well do still you plan on returning home?"

"Yes," Hiei answered the lord.

'No matter how fruitless the search seems to be,' Hiei added to himself almost missing that Sesshomaru had spoken again.

"As lord of these lands, I will help you."

"But?" Hiei said looking the youkai in the eyes trying to judge the stone orbs he found.

"Smart are we?" Sesshomaru said smirking.

"What do you want in return for said help?" Hiei said with a scowl beginning to form on his face.

"As long as you are here, you much guard Rin, with your life. And if any issues may come up, you must lend me your power to resolve them."

"Any thing else?"

"Just two more. In public you will address me by my title or some other respectful means."

"The last one?" Hiei said after waiting for Sesshomaru to finish a few moments.

"It will come up later." (2) Sesshomaru seemed to enjoy his own response because he had a satisfied smirk on his features.

"Can you agree to this?" the smirk was even in play at this second. Something about it would make Hiei shudder if he was any less of a youkai.

"I don't have a choice," was his answer to the agreement with his new lord.

Not long after Hiei agreed to the arrangement, Rin ran into the room with a distort toad on her heels. Jakin begged for his lord forgiveness and was sent away to insure that breakfast would be ready for them.

The girl jumped into Sesshomaru's lap, hugging his midsection. The cold lord patted her head as she smiled up to him. "Good morning, Sesshomaru-sama."

"Rin," was his aloof answer. But it was all the girl needed. Soon she climbed out of one lap and into another. Hiei froze at the contact, not being used to it. She let him go to look him in the face.

"Did you sleep well, Hiei-kun?" she asked smiling at him. "I was worried you wouldn't being in a new place."

Hiei didn't answer her with words but she seemed to get the message. "Its going to be so much fun having you here too."

"Rin," the deep, baritone voice had the girl facing her lord and 'father' again.

"I will be leaving for three days. You will stay at the castle with Hiei. He will be your guardian that the time. Are their any questions?" Sesshomaru asked just not her but the forbidden child, as well.

'He never told me he was leaving.'

'Why else would he need you to guard the girl? He is more then capable of doing it himself.'

Hiei started to growl. "Who are you and how did you get here?"

A musical laughter broke out from the disembodied voice. 'I am what you would call the girl's true guardian.'

'Hn, that was vague,' Hiei answered the woman that was taking form in front of him.

She looked much like what he thought Rin would grow to be. Her figure was that of an hour glass, her long brown sugar locks reached her mid back and she was dressed as a lady but her kimono held no crest.

'I'm Rin's future. I tell her what she needs to know. In a sense, I am her power of foresight,' she all of a sudden went from serious to that of a giggling school girl back to serious.

'Hiei-senpai, you are going to have to keep an eye on her. She is a suborn as a mule.' With that she was gone from his mental world. (3)

'Senpai? What the fuck?'

"Why can't we go too? I wish to see Kagome-san too, Sesshomaru-sama." Rin said putting on a sad, pouty face. "I miss her and Shippo-kun too."

The child looked so chest fallen that Hiei wanted to know more about this Kagome and this Shippo she spoke of. How did they tie into this little drama that was beginning to play out before his eyes, he being the only one that didn't know their lines.

"I will extend your invitation." Sesshomaru said to the child. Her frown turned into a huge toothy smile, as he stood up.

"You're the best, Sesshomaru-sama." The child said excited but seemed to know that the others in the room had sharp ears so she keep it down. Soon she was yet again attached to Sesshomaru's leg.

"Behave while I'm gone. Hiei watch her. She tend to do as she pleases."

Hiei stood up and nodded his head to the inu. Oh these three days were going to be an new experience for him.

----

Sesshomaru left shortly after their meeting that morning, but only after telling Hiei that he still had questions to answer.

At dinner the talkative child didn't seem to have the same flare as she did the night before when Sesshomaru was there.

'Don't worry. It is just because he left her here. She is worried about Fluffy.'

'Fluffy?' Hiei asked Rin's nameless future.

'It's what she calls him when they are alone.' The woman was looking at Rin through Hiei's eyes. She was standing with her back straight and her arms crossed just below her unwrapped chest. (4)

'She called him that and lives to tell the tale?'

'Lives, yes. Tells, no. She would never betray his trust in her. It took too long for her to build it.'

Rin was smiling at Hiei in a knowing way. "She's nice isn't she?"

"I don't know what you are talking about," Hiei never could get by with one work answers.

"Oh, don't lie. Lying is bad." Rin said like she had once been in trouble for lying about something or another.

"Rin-dono, time to watch up and get ready for bed." A nurse came in to fetch the child for her bath. Hiei narrowed his at the older demoness. For some reason she unnerved him.

"Hiei will you tuck me in after my bath? Sesshomaru-sama normally..." She didn't finish but smiled all the same.

Hiei studied her features. At first he thought he was going to be a replacement for the missing lord but she really did want him to be the one to tuck her in and he to be the last on she sees before she goes to sleep.

"She'll tell you the way when I get ready."

----

Hiei didn't know what to do so he watch the child climb into bed. 'Tuck the blankets around her.'

Hiei did as told by the still nameless future. "Good night, Hiei-kun."

Her voice was that of someone that was close to the edge of sleep.

'Good night, Rin.' Hiei thought to the now asleep child.

How did she get to him so fast? Only the fates would know.

----

The next two days had Rin doing nothing more then doing her lessons and playing in the gardens, while Hiei watched on. She didn't act like she did when Sesshomaru was there but he had only seen them together for a few hours.

On the third day, Rin started a long strand of flowers for her lord and two slightly shorter ones, for the guest she was so sure that would be with him.

Rin had told him much about said guest. Hiei was surprised that a taiyoukai would allow a miko in his lands much less in his home. But when she went into the deeper details of the story more answers were coming into the light.

The miko had been one of the key factors in defeating one of Sesshomaru's enemies as were the hanyou and monk. The miko loved the hanyou as her friend, a slayer, loved the monk but both gave up after being treated unfairly by the least romantic guys on the face of the planet. They had left the village to the guys care. Sango, the slayer, went off to marry some human lord that had taken a fancy to her in her younger years and now was a lady. Kagome choice to live her life as a miko, meaning that she went to train in the Southern Lands and would never marry. Shippo, a kitsune, went to be with his adopted mother.

Over time the monk and the hanyou were mated and no one saw it coming from Rin's tale. The monk was a lecher and the hanyou was every rough around the edges. But seemly they found happiness in each others arms. It was the fact that Sesshomaru had once been after the monk that surprised Hiei the most.

'He use to try to get the monk to come and work for him. But over time he just left him alone to sit with a broken heart.' Rin's future said during that part of the tale. Rin was giving the child's version so it had some holes and her future was filling them in for the apparition.

The kitsune was spoken of with such a kindness that Hiei knew he was her friend if not her first love. She was getting older weightier she showed it or not. Even as she set there braiding the blooms together she seemed so much older. Hiei noticed something about her though. She had her things ready to go as though she planned on leaving the garden soon. It was strange because normally he would have to all but drag her inside at dinner time.

His worries were confirmed when a huge ugly beast broke into the garden. He was a mix between a swine and a bull from the look of him. God must really have hated him.

"Step aside and I won't kill you. I am here for the human." His sickly voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard to Hiei.

With out a word Hiei drew his katana and stepped in front of Rin.

"Inside Rin, now." He said to the girl but she was already headed for the door to the castle.

"You think you can beat me?" The nasty looking and smelling beast said to Hiei as he looked like he was ready to try and attack.

"You are as dumb as you look," Hiei said from his new position behind the demon. Turning the youkai feel into about twenty different pieces, his nasty yellow blood showing the garden. Hiei wiped off his blade on a piece of the youkai's clothing that didn't have blood on it and returned it to it's resting place on his hip.

Slowly he walked to the door that Rin entered. The servants would clean up the mess.

1. Should I take offense to something I wrote? Better not, getting into a fight with myself wouldn't be a good thing.

2. In other words, I had a great idea but the moment I picked up my pen it fell out of my brain.

3. That makes him sounds a little crazy but I couldn't think of a better way of saying it.

4. In the feudal era women wrapped their breast to make them look smaller. Our nameless woman doesn't have her wrapped in a way of saying she is from the future. If you didn't get that I'm sorry.
Sign up to rate and review this story