Categories > Books > Twilight > Eye Of The Tiger

Chapter 4

by Mollymooch45 0 reviews

Chapter 4

Category: Twilight - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2022-08-21 - 1385 words

0Unrated
Rosalie ran as fast as through the forest.At first she was going to go to Esme, talk through all that she was feeling but she realized she needed to calm herself down a bit. Everything in her was urging her to go back to school, find the girl and make sure she was alright. She felt the mate pull she had heard described so many times the moment she laid eyes on the girl. She thought they exaggerated about the intensity of the feelings you got at the sight of your mate for the first time but she had been wrong. If anything they had lied.

As she first looked at the girl she felt an all encompassing feeling of love. Deep love. The kind of love poets and songwriters would never know how to describe even if they could. She thought she had felt love before but this, this was something she could have never prepared for.

Oddly enough she didn't feel overwhelmed by it. She felt almost grateful for it, like she had finally found her purpose for her cursed afterlife. It was like everything all of a sudden made sense. The struggles she went through, while they still were horrific and caused her pain seemed almost necessary to get her to this moment. The long life of loneliness had to happen because her mate hadn't been born yet. She hadn't realized it at the time but fate had been making her wait for the perfect moment. The moment when her mate was ready for her.

That caused another thought though. The girl was human. Did she even feel the mate pull? Was she even ready to be her mate. Maybe this was another cruel joke. She had allowed her thoughts to be positive without thinking everything through. Suddenly she was feeling a bit more dread. How could she have a human mate? She had never heard of it happening. It could be a disaster. What if she hurt the girl? What if the girl didn't accept her differences.

It was one thing to be a vampire with a human mate but it was another to have a human mate when the vampire was a women with a penis. It was so natural for her now that she hadn't thought about it being a problem. What if that alone made her mate reject her.

The only safe way for them to be together was if the girl turned but that wasn't something she liked to think about. Then again she knew it was something she needed to. This was suddenly making her feel overwhelmed. She needed to hunt. She preferred large predators but she would do with what she could find and then make her way to Esme.

After two deer Rosalie felt she had more control over herself and raced back home to speak to Esme. She wasn't suprised to find her in her office going over paint samples. Esme's passion was interior design and so she made a business out of it.

As she stepped into the room Esme looked up in concern. Normally Rosalie was the epitome of self confidence but right now she looked anything but. Which made Esme get up and give her a tight hug.

She became concerned when she felt the silent sobs of someone who couldn't cry. So as she stoked Rosalie's hair she asked "Rosalie sweetheart what's wrong?"

Rosalie managed to get herself under control when she finally admitted "I found my mate".

Esme couldn't understand why that caused such pain "That's wonderful I'm so happy for you."

"You don't understand she's human."

This stunned Esme "Oh, I don't know of that ever happening. I see how that changes things. How are you feeling?"

Rosalie sighed "Excited, happy, anxious being away from her, sad, a little bitter and unsure"

Esme gave her a sad smile "That's understandable. This is an entirely unknown situation you're walking into. It's alright to feel unsure."

"I just have so much going against me I can't see the positive right now. I'm so excited to have found her but there is a small part of me that won't let my worry disappear."

"What worries you the most?" Esme asked

"What doesn't worry me? I worry about her being a human mostly. I worry she won't like me at all. And most of all I wonder if she could ever accept me with the way my body is different."

"Your being different is something she can only speak about. I personally think she won't care about it at all and will accept you just fine but life has no guarantees. I do know however that the mate bond isn't one sided. Both feel the bond. She could be feeling just as strongly as you are without knowing what it is."

It was almost driving Rosalie mad to not know how the girl was doing or if she was alright and if Rosalie felt like this now she didn't even want to think about how she would feel if the girl actually rejected her. But Esme had a point. What if the girl also felt the mate bond? Who was she to make her feel the pain that Rosalie herself was feeling? Was that worse than trying to protect her?

There were to many unkowns in this and then there was the fact Edward couldn't read her mind. She had felt a bit smug that her mate of all people could block Edward's gift.

"Edward can't hear her thoughts."

"What do you mean he can't hear her thoughts? Can Alice see her?" Esme asked.

"I don't know about Alice or even Jasper but I realized she was my mate when Edward starting pointing out how dangerous she was and how he needed to find out why. I didn't like the anger in his voice or the fact that he felt he had the right to even say anything to her. I fled to come here to talk to you but I figured hunting was a good idea first to take the edge off."

"That was a good idea and will probably be a good idea to hunt more frequently as your instincts will become more pronounced until the mate bond is accepted from both involved."Esme told her.

"You mean that she has to choose to accept the mate bond? I thought as soon as you feel the bond it's accepted?" Rosalie asked with some panic.

How was a human supposed to accept a mate bond when they had no idea what a mate bond was? This was just one more obstacle she would have to overcome to be with her mate. Rosalie knew deep down she accepted it before she even had a choice to consider it. Would the human feel the same way?

"When Carlisle changed me he had felt and accepted the bond right away. But I didn't know what it was so it took a while for me because I was dealing with that and all the things that come with being a newborn. He was having to hunt more and keep away from humans for a while because his emotions were so strong and his worry for me made it so he would barely leave my side. After he explained the bond and I accepted it he came back to himself more but the protectiveness and devotion remains."

Rosalie was a little disturbed by this. What if the human couldn't even feel the mate bond? Then what would happen to her? Would she slowly go mad? Would that mean she definitely had to make her a vampire for her own selfish reasons?

"I need to speak to Carlisle about this before Edward gets home and demands a family meeting." Rosalie said with a grimace already knowing what a pain in the ass he was going to be.

From the look on Esme's face she was thinking the same thing. "That would be wise but you'll have to meet him at the hospital as it would be the safest place to have a private conversation." There was no need to explain that with Edward privacy wasn't an option.

"I'll go now" and with that she got into her red BMW and headed toward Forks county hospital.
Sign up to rate and review this story