Categories > Books > Twilight > Eye Of The Tiger

Chapter 5

by Mollymooch45 0 reviews

Chapter 5

Category: Twilight - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2022-08-21 - 2183 words

0Unrated
Bella Swan was in the middle of realizing why it wasn't all that cracked up to be the new kid. With her unusual looks she always got attention but with being the new kid it seemed that attention tripled.

As she walked to her first period class a boy with dark hair, glasses and terrible acne walked towards her holding a camera in his hand.

"Hi I'm Eric, you're the new girl right? We heard there was someone new coming and I'm on the newspaper. I want to do an article on you and take your picture. It's going to be front page so everyone gets to know Isabella Swan."

The poor boy had to crane his neck to look her in the eye and Bella almost felt bad having to shoot the boy's hopes down. He seemed genuine in his excitement but was staring at her in a way that was making her uncomfortable.

"I don't want to do that if you don't mind. I'm not big on pictures and my life isn't interesting enough to warrant a whole newspaper article." Bella saw him deflate a small bit but he quickly regrouped.

"That's ok. Maybe we could be friends though. I bet it's hard not knowing anyone. You want to sit at my lunch table with me and my friends?"

"That's cool. I'll sit with you guys." His excitement was contagious and Bella found herself smiling back. Eric wound up being helpful enough to show her how to get to her first period class and dropped her off with an agreement to see each other at lunch.

Her morning went pretty easy from there. Nothing exciting happened. Even though she was homeschooled after the age of ten she was far more ahead than a normal high school student. She hoped this would be a reoccurring theme and high school wouldn't be that bad. She thanked the powers that be that she had the ambition to learn on her own because there was no way Rene would ever make an effort to teach her anything other than how to rely on someone else for everything.

Lunch time came around and Alice was excited. She hoped to get a glimpse of the new girl. She felt that Edward was right in a way. They should be a little bit worried about her being able to get around their gifts, but Alice didn't care. This girl was not only Rosalie's mate but she was as unusual as Alice was.

Even though she couldn't see her future with the girl she had a feeling that this was going to be the friend she had always wanted. She just knew in her heart the girl would understand how it felt to get strange looks and feel out of place. Even though she hadn't seen it she could already imagine all the fun they were going to have starting with a shopping trip. Because although the girl had a basic style Alice could already think of numerous ways to improve her look.

Now Alice just had to think of a way she could talk to her without going against her own rule. She didn't want to upset Rosalie but this was about so much more to her. After this morning sinking into her depression and loneliness, then seeing this unique girl it was like a wish came true. And in the back of her mind she wondered if the girl herself had some power of her own that fulfilled her wish.

But now wasn't the time to think about that,she had planning to do. Without the use of her gift it would be a little more difficult and on top of that she was trying to figure out how to not let Edward know about what she was up to.

She had a feeling Emmett was all for talking to the girl as it was somewhat true what Edward said. Emmett was all about humans. He found their reactions and behaviors interesting and had asked Alice many times if a human would ever become a part of their family. Alice knew Emmett was more lonely than she was because at least she had a mate. He had at many times become bored with his life. But maybe the reason Alice hadn't seen a human become a part of the family was because she couldn't see this human at all. She had asked Jasper to see if he could read her emotions but he hadn't had a chance.

Alice grabbed her tray of food she would never eat and sat down at their table facing the cafeteria. She had heard students talking about her all day but the only information she got about the girl was that her name was Isabella but she preferred Bella, she had been homeschooled and that she was going to sit with some kids at lunch. She heard a lot of other things that weren't worth repeating and some that made her blood boil but she hadn't heard Bella speak at all. Another thing to be excited about. Alice had a feeling that Bella was going to give her a lot of suprises in their friendship and she couldn't be happier.

Bella walked into the cafeteria expecting the greeting she got. She had enough practice to make it seem like it didn't bother her while looking around for Eric so she could sit at his table. She got in line to get food and barely held in a gag at the horrible smell. She hoped Charlie wouldn't mind if she brought her own lunch from now on. She knew he felt like a good parent giving her lunch money she didn't need but this wasn't anything she could stomach.

After loading up her tray with enough food to feed probably the entire table she made her way over to Eric. He smiled at her and introduced her to everyone. Angela gave her a sincere smile, while Mike made no attempt to mask him checking her out or that he liked what he saw. The only two she knew she would have to worry about were Jessica and Lauren. They sneered at her as soon as she walked in and she knew they were just waiting for the opportunity to start gossip. After hearing it all day she was sick of it. So she just nodded her head and started digging in to her food.

"Holy shit she eats a lot." Bella just kept her head down. Having enhanced hearing had more drawbacks than it was worth some days."She eats like a bear. Like I could litterally see her turn into a bear and eat that amount of food." This made Bella laugh. If they only knew. "How is she so tiny when she eats that much? Do her parents feed her?" This boy had a lot to say about Bella's eating habits. He was more entertaining than the conversation at her table so she just paid attention to him. "Rosalie is going to be pissed if her parents are mistreating her" That was a weird comment.

"She lives with her father Chief Swan and she's only been here a day. It's to soon to know if she is being neglected. You are right though she eats more than she should. She's already half done and it's only been ten minutes. If I didn't know any better I would think she was one of the wolves."

This comment made her tense. "She couldn't be one of the wolves. She doesn't live on the reservation and her father's Charlie not one of the tribe." Shit there were other shifters around here. And these people knew about them. This could cause her trouble. Were they shifters? She hadn't been able to smell them over the other teenage smells but she would have to get closer without them noticing.

"Well I can't read her mind and you can't see her future can you sense her emotions Jasper?"

Now that had her looking over at the table just as the boy Jasper said "No I get nothing from her. She's either not feeling any emotions and doesn't have any thoughts or our gifts don't work on her."

This time she didn't just glance at the table she stared at the people sitting around it. They were gorgeous. They had pale skin not as pale as hers though and they all had the same colored gold eyes.

The girl was small with black hair that was styled in a way that you could only wish for. It look liked controlled chaos. One of the boys was huge. Tall and muscular he looked like the hulk. The boy with the light brown hair was taller but not as tall as she was with a look of confused anger on his face, while the last boy gave her pause. He was blond and had a look of discomfort on his face.

That wasn't what gave her pause though. He had crescent shaped scars all over his arms and across his neck and one on his jaw. Although she had never seen them before she had read about them. Those were vampire bites. Did that mean they were vampires? Vampires with powers?

Suddenly she wasn't feeling as easy going as she had been.This could cause problems. Really, really bad problems. From what she read in her grandfather's diaries shifters and vampires didn't get along. They were mortal enemies. But that gave her another thought. Why were vampires posing as high school students? That didn't make any sense and also their eyes were golden. Vampires had red eyes because they drank blood. Something wasn't adding up and with not having anyone to ask she was stuck with a mystery.

After finishing her lunch she made an effort to walk by their table on her way outside. She wanted to see if she could pick up a scent from them.

As she made her way closer a smell of sickly sweetness overcame her and she found herself covering her nose. She put her head down and hurried out the door inhaling the fresh air greedily.

They were vampires. The smell was exactly what her grandfather described. With that answer she had even more questions and more than a little fear of what all this meant for her. She went from a world of only knowing one supernatural being to being surrounded by vampires and maybe wolf shifters.

At times like these she wished she had her grandfather or even her grandmother to talk to about this stuff. The diaries he left her were helpful but they were not as good as going to the source. Her grandmother had helped the best she could to fill in the gaps after he died, but she didn't know much because she wasn't a shifter. It wasn't long after her grandfather died that she died also,from what Bella knew was a broken heart.

Her mother never shifted much to their disappointment so he never shared their history with her so she was no help. But he had the forethought that if any of his family down the line shifted that he would leave the diaries he wrote to explain all he knew.

The first time she shifted she had been at their house and she was more than terrified. Her grandmother had rushed to her room to find out where all the sounds were coming from and had been surprised to find a giant white tiger instead of her granddaughter in her room.

It had taken her grandfather shifting into his smaller regular colored tiger to calm her down by talking to her through their mental link.

After that he had talked to her about shifting and as much of the family history as he could. They would shift together and run around their huge walled in estate where it was safe. They ran for hours until they would get tired or her grandma would call them home.

She remembered how her grandparents had proudly told her of how special she was and that a shifter of her kind had never been born of their family line. They had told her the legends of the white tiger.

She would spend hours on end with them begging for just one more story. It had been the happiest few months of her life until her grandfather died and soon after her grandmother.

Being able to shift became dangerous and she only ever got the chance when she would sneak to the estate they left her without Rene during the middle of the night as to not scare the staff left behind to oversee the place so it didn't go into a state of disrepair before she could live there permanently.

Thinking of this made her heart ache and she found herself fumbling to the bench of a picnic table to catch her breath before a full fledged panic attack set in. The ringing of the bell was what saved her from delving to much into the pain.

Sign up to rate and review this story