Categories > Books > Twilight > Eye Of The Tiger

Chapter 6

by Mollymooch45 0 reviews

Chapter 6

Category: Twilight - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2022-08-21 - 1029 words

0Unrated
Carlisle was waiting for Rosalie when she arrived having received a call from Esme. He was worried about the predicament but more than curious about what had been going on. He wanted to call Alice but he also was worried about how Edward would react. So it was best to wait for the family meeting that was sure to come.

Rosalie sat in the office looking almost defeated. It wasn't a look he often saw on her. He frowned as he said "Esme called me and told me you found your mate and that you needed to talk to me but didn't tell me any details. Are you okay? Is this about your mate? Are you unhappy with who they are?"

Rosalie sighed "I am more than happy with my mate. I haven't even spoken to her and I already love her more than I ever thought one could love another"

"So you've accepted the mate bond already? Have they also?" He asked

"I accepted it before I even knew it was there that's how natural it felt to me but her accepting it is not the problem. The problem is she is a human"

"Oh, I see. Yes that is rather concerning. I don't think I have ever heard of a mate bond between one of our kind and a human. I would have to research this but it is a rarity if it has ever happened. Who is the human, how did you meet them?"

"It's a new student. I saw her today in the school parking lot. She pulled in in the ugliest car.” Rosalie chuckled at the thought of the beat up car.”but then she stepped out and I looked in her eyes and in that one instance my whole life became about her."

"New student, do you know her name, who her parents are?"Carlisle asked.

"I know nothing about her and I feel like I am going insane not even knowing the name of the reason why. One thing of interest is that Edward can't read her mind at all" Rosalie replied proudly. It pleased her to no end that not only had she had found a mate but one that was turning out to be extraordinary.

"He can't read her mind?That is something very interesting? Do Alice or Jasper's gift work on her at all?”

"I kind of left quickly after getting irritated at Edward claiming she was dangerous and he was going to figure out why he couldn't read her mind. I trust the rest of them will not only watch over him but her as well"

"While I don't agree with Edward saying she is dangerous simply because his gift doesn't work on her I am curious as to why that is. I would love to get a chance to speak with her at least. Seeing how she is your mate I figure that will be something to look forward too."

"That's where my biggest concern is. We don't know how humans react to the mate bond. What if the bond is one sided in this case? What if she never feels anything for me? What if she has to be changed before she accepts our bond?"

"It seems as though you have a lot of what ifs you need answers to. I wish I could answer all of them for you but I don't have all the knowledge. I can research for you and maybe reach out to our cousins in Alaska as Eleazar has much more knowledge than I do as he was with the Volturi longer than I and being a trusted member of the guard he had access to unlimited materials. He could be the best one to answer your questions. Although I won't do that without your permission as this is your mate we are discussing."

"Can we hold off on calling for a little while just yet. I would rather not get anyone else involved. The Denalis are Volturi loyalist and hearing of a human with a gift that can block a telepath would probably be of great interest to them."

"That's reasonable. There is another avenue you could take to get your answers if you really wanted to." Rosalie tilted her head in question. "You could talk to her. Having a conversation would with her would be harmless and maybe you could get a glimpse of whether or not she feels the mate bond as you know what to look for. I do however agree that we keep Edward away from her. With the bond not being reciprocated yet and should he be,well himself things could turn violent. I worry about his temper also.”

"Talking to her could be a good idea. I'm just not sure how I could refrain from being overly excited about the prospect of learning more about her. I trust that at least Alice is learning as much as she can as it's in her nature. But I would love to speak to her."

"When I get home we will have our meeting and trade information then maybe you will have a better way to plan how to move forward."

"Is it wrong to say I am both dreading and am excited for this meeting?"Rosalie asked.

Carlisle chuckled "I don't think that's wrong at all"

"How are we going to make Edward back off without it turning violent?"

Carlisle seemed concerned about this as well."I think it may take all of us to make him see reason but I know no matter the meeting's outcome I think we should all keep an eye on him for a while so he doesn't go overboard with his want to prove his beliefs are correct, as he has the tendency to do."

That was Rosalie's fear as well. She didn't know how she would react if Edward made any kind of move towards her mate. Even something as simple as talking to her. The way she was feeling if he so much as mentioned her she would take his head off and burn it with his body.

Their impending meeting wasn't looking so positive from her perspective.
Sign up to rate and review this story