Categories > Books > Twilight > Eye Of The Tiger

Chapter 8

by Mollymooch45 0 reviews

Chapter 8

Category: Twilight - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2022-08-21 - 668 words

0Unrated
When Bella got home she found the note Charlie left on the counter that said he was sorry but he would be home late and that Bella was to order whatever take out she wanted with the money he had left her.

Although it would have been nice to spend the evening with her father Bella was feeling itchy in her own skin as she hadn't been able to shift in weeks due to the drama her mother had caused before she finally got on the plane.

Rene had tried going overboard to prove to Bella that she was the greatest mother she could ever have. Of course she didn't do this because she would miss Bella. She did this because she wanted Bella to continue living with her. The monthly allowance Rene got had been cut off a month before when the custody agreement had been finalized and her mother was panicking. She had gone from yelling at Bella calling her unforgivable names, to claiming she brainwashed her grandparents into to leaving her almost all their money, to outright demanding Bella pay Rene her share of what Rene claimed was rightfully hers.

The greatest mother on the planet routine was the latest ploy to gain access to her money but it probably wouldn't be the last. Bella and the conservator of the estate fully expected her mother to try and sue her for what she thought was rightfully hers. It caused Charlie a large amount of guilt that her mother was so terrible but she never blamed him. From the first conversation they had Bella knew he would never be even a fraction of how horrible Rene was.

Having a few hours to herself would allow Bella to explore the vast forest that surrounded her. Her tiger was anxious to explore the new terrain. She was used to her grandparents estate outside of Phoenix and was hoping the forest would be just as easy to navigate.

Changing into a track suit, running shoes and grabbing a back pack Bella took off into the wilderness behind her home deciding to hike for a while seeing if she could maybe find some prey to snack on. She read of the different kinds of animals that lived in the area and was excited to maybe meet a mountain lion to play with.

Although she was a shifter Bella found comfort in other animals of the cat species as they reminder her of the good times she had with her grandfather. She could not speak to them but around them she would give into her animal instincts and just enjoy the company of something familiar.

One of the legends of the White Tiger her grandfather told her was of how the tiger would be a great protector of all their brothers and sisters and that included those that weren't shifters but just animals. They would never fear her because they would on some level sense her very essence and know no harm would come to them.

This manifested into many playful times with different friends learning to be not only a tiger but a member of the cat species. It gave her a chance to find out more about herself when she hadn't had anyone to ask.

After jogging for a few miles not hearing or scenting any humans Bella stripped off her shoes,clothes and put them in her empty backpack with her cellphone and keys. She hid the backpack up in a tree so even if it was found it was unlikely that someone could retrieve it.

Slowly she shook out her muscle relaxing them allowing the shift to take place. Her grandfather found shifting uncomfortably painful at times but it felt like sinking into a relaxing warm bath to her. Shifting gave her a feeling of home so much so that when she couldn't shift for a while she often became depressed.

Now in her tiger form she set off on a run to explore her new territory.

Sign up to rate and review this story