Categories > Books > Twilight > Eye Of The Tiger

Chapter 9

by Mollymooch45 0 reviews

Chapter 9

Category: Twilight - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2022-08-21 - 1824 words

0Unrated
Rosalie and Emmett moved through the forest silently both lost in their angry thoughts.

Emmett was pissed that once again Edward was going to ruin everything good in their family just like he always did. He could never understand why they continued to put up with him. The last few decades even Esme was losing her patience with him and that woman was a saint. She was also one of the only people Edward would listen to and who knew how much longer that would last.

Rosalie on the other hand was furious because she didn't get to finish ripping Edward apart and had to stop at just one arm. She understood why she was stopped but that didn't mean she had to like it. If she knew she would have had so little time with the bastard she would have went straight for the head and not wasted time on punching.

She knew she would have another chance because he was to much of an asshole to admit he was wrong and let it go. That just meant she would be better prepared next time. Her parents would be upset if she killed him so maybe she would just rip off both of his arms and hide them somewhere no one could find them. Surely they would understand him being disarmed (pun intended she thought to herself with a smile) was better than him being dead.

"I can't believe I feel the need to hunt again after going this morning. That bastard has pushed me to far this time. He better get himself together or I don't think even Esme will want to save him." Rosalie said.

Emmett agreed "I wish I could just have one minute with that asshat. I would make him feel what it really felt like to live a dammed existence!"

Emmett was in the mood to fight a bear so Rosalie went toward the area she went to that morning. As she finally picked up the trail of a mountain lion an unfamiliar scent caught her attention. It wasn't any kind of animal she had ever come across but it smelt heavenly. As she started to detour to follow the new scent she came upon a mountain lion.

She crouched into an attack position and just as she jumped towards the creature she was hit around her middle by something large and white. Her instincts kicked in and she tried to push away from the creature to get in a better position to defend herself but she was having a hard time even moving it off her.

When she was finally able to scramble backwards to get her footing she stopped when she saw the largest tiger she had ever seen. It shouted a mighty roar in her direction causing her to stumble.

It was when she got her balance that she finally got a good look at the beautiful creature. In front of her stood a very big white tiger with dark black stripes that stood out perfectly against the white fur.

But the eyes were what really caught her attention. They were gorgeous. One a lilac and the other blue,these eyes were familiar. And as they locked on to hers the tiger paused almost looking confused.

It was during this pause that Emmett came barreling out of the woods attacking the tiger by trying to wrap his arms around it. Instinct kicked in and Rosalie moved to attack Emmett to get him off of her mate. Because as soon as she saw the tiger's eyes she knew it was Bella.

Emmett's pain filled scream had her reevaluating the situation and when she got closer she noticed Emmett's leg hanging from Bella's mouth. Rosalie actually laughed out loud at Emmett's predicament which caused everyone to stop in place and look at her.

"What the hell Rosalie?Why aren't you helping me? This tiger was trying to kill you and now it's trying to kill me and you're laughing?" Emmett screamed in confusion.

Bella simply spit out the leg and growled at Emmett causing him to jump and scramble backwards. Rosalie noticed that after the initial confrontation Bella stopped her aggression towards her and only acted when Emmett attacked her. That gave her hope that maybe Bella was feeling some kind of mate bond towards her.

"Emmett look at the tiger's eyes. It's not an animal it's Bella."Rosalie told him.

Emmett took another look at the tiger's eyes causing his own to widened when he caught a glimpse of her unique multi-colored eyes. "Holy shit! Bella you're a tiger?"

At this point Bella was extremely confused. All she was doing was protecting her mountain lion friend when she came across the blond vampire. The vampire was gorgeous. She put supermodels to shame with her beauty. She was about 5'9", slim, had the same golden eyes as the others and a face Bella thought she could spend years looking at and never get bored.

When their eyes had met Bella felt the world around her drop away and her focus directed solely on the blonde. Bella felt the need to protect her from this other vampire Emmett as he had been a threat but for some reason his hostility had ebbed away making her feel a lot less angry.

She was still pissed he attacked her but the fact she took his leg made them even in her book. The taste of it would be staying with her for a while unfortunately but she had to defend herself when the idiot tried to go after her.

"Bella can you change back so we can talk? I want say we promise not to hurt you but it seems like we should ask you to please not hurt us."Rosalie asked.

Bella nodded at Rosalie request and took off into the forest back to where her backpack was and stood up on her hind legs and easily reached it and then trotted around the tree to shift back to her human form and put her clothes on. Much to her amusement the vampires turned their backs.

After being attacked by Emmett Bella was positive she would have to destroy him as he was her natural enemy. Oddly enough she never felt that way towards Rosalie. The thought of hurting her made her heart ache and she knew instantly she would gladly give her life to protect her. This whole situation added more questions to her already growing list and if it was anyone other than Rosalie that asked she wouldn't have given them a chance to talk at all.

Rosalie watched Bella walk behind the tree to change into some clothes with excitement. Her mate was a shifter! She knew she should probably be disgusted by this but she wasn't at all. Even Bella's scent was intoxicating. She didn't smell of wet dogs like the wolf pack did and she wasn't a dingy stumbling dog like them either. No her mate was strong, able, surprisingly graceful with a coat of fur that shone bright even in the dark forest. Her eyes although beautiful when she was human almost glowed like neon when in her tiger form. Rosalie was reminded of Carlisle's earlier question of if she was unhappy with Bella being her mate. Looking at the tiger she couldn't help to be not only happy but proud to have Bella as her mate.

Bella stepped out fully dressed from behind the tree. She sent Emmett a glare as he sat on the ground waiting for his leg to fully reattach. When she turned her attention to Rosalie her face softened immediately causing Rosalie to give her a bright smile that made her happy for making Rosalie happy.

"I bet you have just about as many questions for us as we have for you?" Rosalie asked starting the conversation.

"I'm sure I do seeing as you're coven of vampires pretending to be teenagers going to high school with a bunch of humans you have yet to slaughter."Bella said.

"Would you be willing to come to our home to talk to my family. I promise you won't be in any danger. I just know that I would love to speak to you. I mean my family,my family would love to speak to you." Emmett shot Rosalie an amused look at her fumbling.

"I'm not sure that I would feel comfortable with a group of vampires. I haven't been around any before and don't know how I would feel being exposed to so many altogether by myself." Although it was the truth Bella felt bad when Rosalie lost her smile at hearing her words.

"Oh, yeah that makes sense. I didn't even take that into consideration sorry. I should have been more understanding."Rosalie felt that she should have thought of her mates comfort.

Bella couldn't take Rosalie's sadness so she stepped forward to take her hand in her own and offered. "I don't mind if you would like to come to my house to talk things through. My father is working late so we would have the privacy we needed to discuss things."

Rosalie stood staring at their hands laced together when Bella's statement caused her to look up. "Your father doesn't know you're a shifter? How is that possible?"

"No he doesn't but that's story for another time." Bella said sadly. This was neither the time nor the place to be even thinking about her painful past. "What do you say about going to my house? Emmett could come also if it would make you feel safer."

Emmett gave her the best pout he could manage hoping Rosalie would let him come along but he knew in his heart that she wanted to go on her own and he couldn't begrudge her that. He would be upset that he didn't get a chance to hang out with what he already considered his new best friend though. He thought of how much fun he could have with Bella in her tiger form. She had ripped his leg off like she was tearing a piece a paper. He would finally have someone he could wrestle with. He didn't know if Bella actually would but that didn't stop him from hoping.

"I don't mind going by myself. Emmett will need to go back to the house to let everyone know we are ok after you let out that loud roar of yours earlier." Rosalie said finally looking at Emmett, smiling at the look of dejection on his face at being left out of going with Bella.

"Yeah you're right I'll let everyone know we are fine and fill them in on what's going two have fun." He said gruffly taking off into a run back to the Cullen home.

"So let's go to your house then. Lead the way." Rosalie said taking off in a run after Bella following her home.
Sign up to rate and review this story