Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

29

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2022-09-12 - 4913 words

0Unrated
The next couple of days went by as usual. Jenna seemed to be getting back to her usual self more relaxed and having a laugh and a joke around as usual. Max, frankie and Jamie was sat at the dining table in the kitchen finishing their lunch break when Jenna came in cleaned up and ready to go out. She was faffing round looking for her keys as usual.
"OK so why is she sciving off yards this afternoon?" Frankie asked Max in jest to winde Jenna up. Max smirked and looked over for Jenna's reaction. Jenna looked at her with a raised eye brow knowing full well she was trying to winde her up.
"Let me just remind you that my horses are all pretty much done already and it's YOUR horses that I've helped YOU with this morning that still need sorting now." Jenna said smuggly.
"Can I just remind YOU that I let YOU and YOUR horses stay here rent free so you should be helping me." Frankie poked back.
"Oh really I see how it is then. Anyway YOU don't have to do MY horses they'll be done by MY staff and whilst we're at it he's MY staff that I loan to YOU whilst we're here FREE OF CHARGE." Jenna shot back. It was at that Max chipping in with outrage and shock in humour.
"Staff! Staff! I'm YOUR staff!" Max turned to Jenna. Frankie laughed Jamie just watch on in amusement to the crazy carry on between the three of them
"Yes you are max-i now pipe down don't get your knickers in a knot." Jenna smirked trying to hide a laugh as she patted him on his shoulder.
"You Jenna Copeland are something else." Max laughed shaking his head.
"Oh Max-i don't pout your not just my staff, your my bestest friend too." She pouted in a baby voice bending over giving him a squeeze hug from behind.
"Well in that case your not just my boss your a pain in my ass." Max built up to it with a laugh she stood up and faked outrage this time.
"Well you can kiss my ass." Jenna said faking outrage. Frankie burst out laughing. "And you can kiss my ass too." Jenna shot back pointing at frankie. All four of them at this point was cracking up laughing at the banter between them.
"OK on a serious note though where are you going?" Frankie asked with a smile genuinely.
"Robin, Benjis mom is over visiting and I said I'd call by and see her for a bit that's if I can find my keys." Jenna said staring to look round the kitxhen again as if seeing her on/off ex/not quite there yet boyfriends mom was the most normal thing ever. Max reached into his back pocket and pulled the keys out to hand to her.
"Oh well how long was you just going to keep holding onto them." Jenna said with a 'what did you do that for look'
"Long enough to see if you relised you left them in the door again." Max said. Jenna gave an oops look.
"Wait wait I don't get it you going hanging out with Benjis mom?" Frankie said looking baffled.
"Yeh." Jenna shrugged as if nothing was odd at all and walked off ignoring the fact she knew what frankie was getting at.

Jenna called at the shop on the way to Benji's to pick up some flowers for Robin. She pulled up outside Benji's gave her make up and hair a quick check in the mirror took a deep breath.
'Right come on Copeland you can do this' she said to herself and she got out the car and walked up to Benji's house.
"Hey." Benji smiled unable to hide how happy he was to see her causing her to smile back genuinely at him he was one of the sweetest guys she knew... most of the time.
"Jenna! Honey hello come here give me a hug." Robin beamed when she seen Jenna pulling her into a big warm hug.
"Hey I brought you these." Jenna smiled as Robin released her a little and Jenna handed her the sunflowers she had brought Robin.
"Oh they're beautiful, my favourite. Benji put them in some water for me darling." Robin said handing the flowers to Benji who was just hovering in the doorway. He took the flowers off into the kitchen.
"Come sit down, how are you? Its been so long. Benji tells me you work with your horses and the circus." Robin beamed at her.
"I'm good thank you. Yes, yes I do." Jenna smiled with a nod.
"Oh that's lovely. I bet you have the best time. You always did love your horses and you defintly know how to light up a room." Robin smiled proudly of her.
"How are you doing?" Jenna smiled.
"I'm great thank you, just keeping going you know how it is." Robin said.
"OK do we want to stay here or we can go out for coffee or lunch? Joel will be here any minute." Benji asked walking back into the room. Jenna gave a little sigh to herself thinking if Joel was coming it probably meant Rachel would be too but then she shook it off she was here for Robin and she won't let anything especially Rachel ruin that.
"Benji my dear I think we need to take this beautiful young lady out for lunch don't you?" Robin said flatteringly. Jenna just smiled with a little laugh always akward at compliments.
"Hoenstly I'm happy to do what ever." Jenna said not wanting a fuss or for them to feel like they needed to go out for her.
"I think mom's made up her mind we'll go out for lunch as long as you want to that is?" Benji said slightly nervously.
"Yes I'll go along with what ever you guys want I've got the whole afternoon off so I don't need to rush back or anything." Jenna said casually. Benji was so happy how well they was getting on.
"Perfect." Robin beamed just then there was a knock at the door signaling Joel's arrival Benji went to open the door.
"I've not meant Rachel yet, what's she like?" Robin whispered to Jenna. Jenna smiled and raised her eyebrows.
"I think your best just making your mind up when you meet her." Jenna said not wanting to saying anything bad even if it was Rachel after all.
"Oh dear that bad ey?" Robin laughed. Jenna just gave a smile as Joel, Rachel and Benji walked back into the room.
Joel gave Robin a hug and then introduced Rachel. Rachel had her usual I'm better than you attitude gave Robin a small smile and hand shake. Jenna could tell Robin already wasn't keen with the cold attitude of Rachel as Robin was such a warm welcoming person.
"So we've planned to go out for lunch." Robin told Joel and Rachel with a smile. Jenna could tell Rachel wasn't keen on the idea clearly she wanted this to be over quicker than that.
"OK so are we just going to take the one car or..." Joel started as technically the five of them could fit in one car but then see a look from Rachel and back tracked. "Or we can take our own cars?"
"Oh it seems silly taking more cars than we need." Robin said.
"Erm well I think we need to leave fairly quickly after lunch, Rachel has an appointment so we'll go in our car if thats OK." Joel said slightly uncomfortably as he didn't like disappointing his mom but there was that hold Rachel had over him again, she would always get her own way.
"Fine well you two take your car and Benji can drive us." Robin said linking arms with Jenna. Benji gave Jenna a quick look to check if she was OK with it Jenna just gave him a little nod and a smile.
As they got to the car Jenna went to the back seat door.
"Oh sweetheart you go in thr front." Robin smiled.
"It's ok I'm fine in the back you take the front seat." Jenna said Benji just looked on between them.
"Well I'm going to sit in the back so you might as well take the front seat." Robin insisted. Jenna hesitated but didn't want to cause a fuss so smiled and got in the front seat. Benji gave her the look of 'what mom wants mom gets'
They drove to the cafe with Robin chatting away to Jenna finding out all about the circus, the horses and her life. Jenna was pretty sure Robin didn't know the full story at least about the dramas between herself and Benji so she left that out completely. Benji stayed mostly quiet unless the conversation was directed to him. He was just enjoying how well Jenna and his mom got along so nautral and causal again it made him love her even more. Jenna's kind heart was the most beautiful thing about her.
When they got to the cafe they joined up with Rachel and Joel. They was seated at a round table over looking the garden.
"It's a beautiful place." Robin smiled. Jenna nodded in agreement she hand Benji on one side of her and Robin on the other Joel was on the other side of Robin and Rachel between Benji and Joel.
"Have you been here before darling?" Robin asked Jenna.
"I haven't actually, I don't get out much." Jenna laughed lightly with notation to the hard work they do at the yard they don't get much time for lunches or dinners out. Rachel gave a snort. Joel shot her a glare and Benji looked slightly worried. Robin frowned as rudeness was a definite no in her book.
"Have you been here before Rachel?" Robin asked clearly not warming to her much.
"No its not really the type of place my circle of friends would go for." Rachel said in her usual snotty tone.
"Shall we look at the menu." Joel smiled trying to divert the conversation. They all went quiet looking at the menus and then the waiter appeared ready to take their orders.
For the rest of lunch they all chatted. Robin was interested in all what the boys and Jenna had been up to which they gladly shared with her. Robin tried engaging with Rachel but got the usual Rachel treatment which Jenna could tell Robin wasn't impressed by. After they'd eaten Rachel went to the bath room and Benji and Joel went paying the bill.
"Well I have to say I would much rather have you as my daughter in law than Rachel. What is wrong with her why is she so.. bitter?" Robin turned to Jenna. Jenna was a little taken a back when Robin referred to her as a possible daughter in law.
"Oh er Rachel's just Rachel she's always like that don't take it personally." Jenna said.
"Really what a shame. So Benji tells me he's made a few mistakes recently that's ended up hurting you. Now I don't need to know all the ins and outs that's between you two but what I do know is that he is whole-heartedly sorry and regrets it. He loves you so much he always has and I know none of that excuses the pain he's caused you but I do know he wants to make it right and build that trust back." Robin said giving Jenna's leg a comforting squeeze. Jenna smiled and nodded but before they could discuss any more Benji and Joel followed by Rachel returned to the table.
"OK so we're going to have to leave now it's been good seeing you Jenna, love you mom." Joel said giving Jenna a brief hug and his mom a hug before leaving with Rachel who just about managed a smile and a nod.
"Delightful." Robin said less than impressed at her first impression of Rachel. Jenna just gave a little laugh
"OK what do we want to do are we ready to go or..." Benji asked.
"I could use a coffee if anyone else fancys one?" Robin announced with a smile. Benji looked over to Jenna to get the ok or not.
"Yeh a coffee sounds good." Jenna gave a smiled and a nod. Benji got up to order.
"Is he always this good." Robin asked looking to Jenna meaning Benji getting up ordering, paying the bill, driving etc.
"We er haven't really spent too much time together recently but yes you've raised a good man there." Jenna smiled to Robin she couldn't deny Benji was underneath it all a gentleman.
"When he first said that he'd bumped into you again and you was spending time together I was so happy. You two always had a great bond. You was like his guardian angle through those hard times in the past and I am eternally greatful to you for that. He adores you Jenna." Robin said fondly.
"OK so I thought we can't just have coffee without cake so I've ordered some cakes too." Benji said returning to the table.
"You see." Robin smirked to Jenna.
"Good shout." Jenna smiled at Benji.
Mintues later the waiter brought the coffees and cakes over. The conversation flowed naturally between the three of them as they ate and drank. Once they'd finished they made their way to the car and went back to Benji's house.
"Right I am going to go and take a bath give you two some peace. Jenna darling it's been so lovely to see you today I hope to see you again soon." Robin said pulling her into a big hug.
"It's been good seeing you too, hope you've had a good afternoon." Jenna said in the hug
"I certainly have. Good night darling." Robin said making her way up stairs leaving Jenna and Benji just stood there. Benji open his mouth to say something.
"Hold thay thought." Jenna said to him shooting outside the front door. He looked confused and followed her to see what she was doing.
"Ah man I love your mother so much but dam have I needed this." Jenna said lighting a cigarette taking a long drag. Benji just looked at her and laughed in amusement.
"Your a big girl now you know. Your aloud to smoke." Benji laughed.
"Are you kidding your mom would kill me if she knew." Jenna expressed knowing Robin would not want Jenna to be smoking. Robin was such a lovely person but scary if you got on the wrong side of her. Benji and Jenna just looked at each other a laughed knowing full well the lecture she would get if Robin knew she was smoking. As they stopped laughing they was still looking at each other.
"Thank you so much for today you have no idea how much it means to my mom.. and me." Benji said sincerely.
"It's been a pleasure, I've had a lovely time." Jenna smiled genuinely as they still kept their eye contact.
"Honestly you've done everything and more that I could have asked of you. Not that I'd have deserved it." Benji said.
"You would never need to ask your mom means alot to me and anyway I've had a good day." Jenna smiled.
"I have too." Benji said quietly. They lulled into a comfortable silence as Jenna finished off her cigarette.
"However I don't think your mom has warmed to our dear Rachel yet." Jenna said with a smirk
"No defintly not. That's not a surprise though is it." Benji laughed rolling his eyes. Just then Jenna's phone started ringing as she lifted it out of her pocket the caller I'd said frankie.
"I'll let you get that." Benji said getting up walking back into the house Jenna answered the phone it was just frankie checking that she was OK as she had been longer then they thought she'd be. Jenna walked back into Benji's house to find him in the kitchen at the end of the hall way.
"I'm erm going to make a move, let me know how much I owe you for today." Jenna announced as Benji turned to face her.
"You owe me nothing it was my pleasure." Benji said.
"Don't be daft seriously let me know." Jenna said.
"No honestly I don't want anything for it." Benji smiled. Jena nodded.
"OK well next time it's my treat." Jenna comprised. Benjis heart skipped a beat when she implied there would be a next time.
"Thank you again for today." Benji said stepping forwards about to give her a hug but then thought better of it.
"No need to thank me I've had a great time. Goodbnight Benji." She.saod stepping forwards that last little bit giving him a hug that he greatly recipiteded. They stayed in the hug for slightly longer than just an innocent hug.

The next day whilst Max Frankie and Jenna was working away on the yards they was keen to know what went on the day before.
"So Jen did you have a good day yesterday?"
Frankie asked from her stable Jenna was in the next and Max on the other side of Jenna tying to make it sound as innocent as possible. Max laughed a little to himself knowing she was digging for information.
"Yes it was nice thanks." Jenna said breezily with a little laugh to herself knowing full well Frankie was trying to do some digging.
"Aah OK that's good. Where did you go?" Frankie asked.
"Just the little cafe at the bottom of main street." Jenna answered again keeping the details from her.
"Oh really I heard its nice in there?" Frankie continued.
"It is you should try it some time." Jenna continued acting as if she was oblivious to what Frankie was really trying to get to. As Jenna walked out of her stable Max walked out of his too. He seen the smirk on Jenna's face and got that she was playing with Frankie. He laughed to himself and shook his head. Jenna shh-ed him laughing. Just as they did Frankie came out and caught them.
"Fuckers." Frankie laughed. "OK so really How'd it go, was it not awkward with Benji?"
"It went well, was lovely to see his mom and catch up with her and no it actually wasn't awkward at all." Jenna smiled.
"Oh my god look at you all smug." Frankie laughed.
"Don't go getting excited we got along that's it." Jenna laughed knowing how fast everyone can get to conclusions when it came to Benji and herself.
"Was Joel and Rachel there?" Max asked.
"Erm yeh they came to the main part of lunch with us but you know what Rachel's like she made sure they got a quick get away. Certainly didn't leave a good impression on Robin." Jenna said.
"It's so weird but so cute how you have such a good relationship with Benji's mom." Frankie said with a scrunched up smile.
"Shes always been good to me and well I helped them, well Benji mostly which in turned helped them out alot when they was having a hard time when their dad first left and I guess she's always greatful of that." Jenna explained.
"Again it's crazy how you kept so much of it to yourself like we spent alot of time with you then and you never really mentioned any of it." Frankie said.
"I know I'm sorry don't take it personally. Its just when I was with the horses they was my escape from the shit I had at home along with helping Benji wtih the shit he was going through too. He was great because he understood my shit too so we could let it out together then I had the horses and he had his music to go to." Jenna opened up. Max put an arm around her giving her a supportive half hug as he knew she had been through tough times and it didn't stop there as Karl added to all that too.
"Oh Jen you such a person to look up to you've been through so much and you still just crack on, get on with it and have a positive out look." Frankie said.
They got on with the rest of the day as normal.
The next day Jenna had her final dress fitting for Erin and AJ's wedding she was meeting Erin in town in the bridal shop. Jenna was surprisingly five minutes early considering Max had to chase her off the yard to go get ready so she wouldn't be late.
"Holy shit I must be seeing things Jenna Copeland not just on time but early." Erin laughed.
"Hey I can go back out and come back in ten minutes so not to disappointed if you like." Jenna laughed.
"You'll do no such thing." Erin warned.
The dress fitter came though to start fitting the dress as Erin and Jenna chatted and caught up. Erin telling Jenna all about the wedding plans, dishing the gossip on Dean and Jackie being an item and recently going out with Seraya and Paul which lead on to Jenna discussing seeing Benji when they went out with his mom along with horses and Frankie, Mike and Max.
"That's so lovely that you went out with him and his mom even though your not particularly on the best of terms at the moment. Has it helped build a few bridges.. sorry if that too much tell me to shut up." Erin asked then back tracked so not to upset Jenna after Seraya's party.
"It's fine and yeh, I think it has a little. I love his mom she's always been good to me so I have no reason to not want to see her when she visits." Jenna said.
"That's good you seem a bit less stressed about it all and like a bit of a weight is lifted." Erin said noticing Jenna's lighter attitude returning.
"Yeh I think like I said I just needed time to get my head back straight again. It's not always easy once it's had a wobble." Jenna said admitting she finds it hard sometimes isn't always easy for her.
"That's totally understandable and you do a bloody good job of it too." Erin said.
"Well I do try." Jenna joked fluttering her eye lashes.
"So will there be a plus one to the wedding for you?" Erin asked with a smirk.
"Now your pushing it." Jenna laughed.
"I can't believe Max and lexi split up." Erin said.
"Aw I know I totally thought those two was set for life they used to be so good together." Jenna said.
"I suppose people change as they grow up and sometimes that means they grow apart." Erin said as they was in thought about Max and Lexi, Jenna nodded in agreement about Max and Lexi then they almost both thought to Jenna and Benji in a similar sort of situation as they looked towards each other.
"But not everyone there are some who are soul mates for ever." Erin quickly added Jenna just smiled an nodded not wishing to contribute to which herself and Benji was yet.
By the time they'd finished all their catching up the dress fitting was over.
"Jenna you look amazing it's so nice to see you in a dress rather than jeans, trackies or jodhpurs." Erin laughed.
"I don't often get chance to wear a dress." Jenna laughed.
"Well I think we need to make more chances cause your smokin." Erin laughed.
"I'll have to check my schedule." Jenna joked.
"Rigth this has been great catching up with you we need to meet up more often we don't see enough of each other when we're not on tour." Erin said.
"I know but I'm sure we see more than enough of everyone when we are." Jenna laughed.
"True but still I miss us all being together." Erin pouted joking.
"I know same we'll have to sort something. Anyways be your wedding soon enough." Jenna said.
"Oh don't I know it." Erin said with a roll of her eyes as planning it all was starting to get to her a bit.
"It'll all be worh it in the end." Jenna smiled.
"It will I just want it over with now it feels like all this planning has gone on for ever." Erin said Jenna nodded.
"It'll be the best day ever." Jenna smiled giving her a hug.
"It better had be. Anyway I've got to shoot I've got to go over final plans for the cake." Erin said and the girls said their good byes and off Erin left. Jenna decided to go into the coffee shop next door to get a quick coffee before going back to the stables. As she went in and ordered her coffee she had to do a double look over it the corner reading a news paper sat Benji. Jenna got her coffee and went and sat down opposite him. As he looked over the top of his paper his face went from confused to shocked to happy.
"Fancy seeing you here." Jenna laughed.
"I know right, what are you doing here?" Benji asked he couldn't help but smile at her.
"I had a dress fitting with Erin for the wedding but then she had to go to see someone about the cake so I decided to get a cheeky coffee before heading back to the stables and here I am." Jenna said opening her arms out to signal her presence causing him to laugh.
"Well I'm glad you did." He smiled putting his paper away.
"So like what are you doing.." Jenna asked seriously to start with ".. just looking at the pictures pretending to read it." She joked looking to the paper then back to him. Benji looked serious then followed on her joke and fake shock/hurt. There was an air of flirtatiousness between them.
"Don't be coming in here interrupting my coffee and paper time slinging your insults." Benji said.
"Aw you know I'm joking, but I can read it for you if you like." Jenna joked benji just gave her a look then ended up laughing with her.
"This is nice." Benji said as he took a sip of his coffee.
"What the coffee?" Jenna bounced back at him with a confused look causing Benji to laugh.
"No this, us. Just getting on having a laugh.. like we used to." Benji said feeling it might be a step too far for Jenna but he had to say how he felt. Jenna took a sip of her coffee and looked at him.
"It is." Jenna agreed simply much to Benji's surprise.
"So how's the wedding stuff going it's not long off now is it?" Benji asked.
"Yeh I think it's all going well and almost set. I think Erin's getting a bit stressed though and just wants it to be done now." Jenna said. Benji nodded.
"So what's the dress like Or is that top secret?" Benji asked.
"Hmm I'm pretty sure Erin would kill me if I dished the dress info before the wedding. But don't worry you'll see it before long." Jenna said. It just rolled of her tongue but Benji was unsure as he knew he was supposed to be Jenna's plus one but had assumed the offer might be off the table since all the stuff that went on. Continuing the slightly flirtatious interaction...
"Well you see I was supposed to be someone's plus one then I did some stupid stuff and now she hates me so I'm not so sure if I will see the dress." Benji said. Still in a banter/flirty way but with a serious note. Jenna stopped laughing at looked at him serious for a moment.
"I don't hate you." She said directly taking Benji off gaird their eyes keeping their connection.
"G-good to know." Benji cleared his throat.
"Way to turn everything all serious." Jenna laughed lightening the mood. Benji laughed with a shrug.
"Seriously though offer still stands if you want it.. plus one." Jenna said the flirtatiousness returning.
"Hmm well I suppose I could check my diary." Benji said continuing the banter.
"Your better clear your fucking dairy." Jenna joked with sass and a laugh.
"Oh well whilst you asked so nicely." Benji smirked Jenna returned a wink. The fell silent again enjoying each others company again.
"When do you have to get back to the yard?" Benji asked. Jenna looked at her watch
"Erm about over an hour ago." She laughed.
"Really?" Benji looked faintly worried.
"Yeh but it's fine I'm always doing favours covering for those two fuckers." Jenna brushed off in the usual banter way. "However I probably should start making a move." She laughed.
"I'll walk you out." Benji said getting up with her.
"You sure you don't want to stay there and you can continue trying to read your paper?" Jenna said cheekily continuing their banter. Benii gave her a pissed off look but with a glint of a smirk.
"I'm joking, I'm joking." She laughed putting her arm around him giving him a quick side hug before leading the way out the shop. They walked so far chatting until they ended up going their separate ways.
Sign up to rate and review this story