Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

33

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2023-07-10 - 7359 words

0Unrated
They pulled up at the venue and Cal was in a meeting so his organisers directed them where to go and set up. As they got out of the horse box and started getting things out to set up the temporary stables.
"That wasn't such a bad drive." Jenna thought out loud.
"No it won't have been for you sat dozing off half the time." Max said with a bit of a grumble in jest. Jenna just smirked knowing he hated doing all the driving. The guys from the events team came over to help them. One guy took the boxes off Jenna that she was unloading, she looked a little confused. Then as she picked up the poles another guy came and took them off her. Yet they left Max with all he had. Max noticed Jenna starting to get offended when she relised the guys was taking the "heavy" things of Jenna because she was a "girl". As she picked up another set of poles the third guy came and took them from her.
"Right! I might be a girl but I'm not an invalid." Jenna snapped, Max laughed and the guys looked at her confused.
"Independent woman this one." Max joked to wind Jenna up.
"Fuck you." Jenna laughed at him. "Give me that." Jenna said to the second guy who took the pole from her but was struggling to fit them together. Jenna did them instantly with ease the guys looked at her in awe.
"Honestly she's a control freak." Max said to them and Jenna just eyed him not rising to his bate. Then guys from the events team realised they where better working along side Jenna rather then doing it "for her" before long they was done. The guys left as Cal came walking over smiling he gave Jenna a big hug.
"Hey." Jenna smiled.
"Hey good to see you." Cal said to Jenna.
"And Max. Glad you could make it." Cal said eyeing Max, he was breifly aware of Max's protest to coming to the event but didn't know the full ins and outs of it. Max just gave him a nod and a half smile. Jenna knew he still had a bit of a chip on his shoulder for Cal "trying to steal Jenna and her act from the circus."
"Did you find everything OK? I'll give you a tour of the place." Cal said not waiting for an answer and started walking Jenna walked along side him as Max followed half a step behind. Cal shown them round the ground and explain where everything was and why. They discussed the running plans for the shows the next day and the rest of the event.
"Right well I will leave you to settle in and chill out, have a good night if you need anything call me." Cal said in his usual smile and left with a wink.
"See ya." Jenna smiled and nodded to him as he left.
"..if you need anything, call me." Max imitated with a roll of his eyes. Although he didn't have anything against Cal and got on with him he wasn't over keen on the "charm" of Cal.
"Don't be so grumpy." Jenna laughed giving a small dig in the side as she walked back towards the horse box.
"One could be forgiven for being grumpy considering they did all the driving." Max said.
"Well if one wasn't such a mard-ass in the first place..." Jenna retaliated.
"OK, OK let's nip this in the bud." Max surrendered holding his hands up.
"What's the plans for food?" Max wondered out loud feeling hungry and it was getting on a bit now.
"I could fire up the stove and get the pizza on it?" Jenna suggested.
"Ooo yes, I'll get the beers." Max said.
"Sounds like a plan." Jenna went into the horse box to sort the pizza and Max to the create of beer they had round the back of the box. Max opened both beers and sat chilling out sipping his as Jenna walked out.
"Pizza won't be long." Jenna said standing next to the table.
"I'm starving." Max said.
"Your always starving." Jenna laughed.
"I'm a growing lad." Max laughed flexing his muscles. Jenna just raised her eyebrows at him and went back for the pizza. She returned moments later and put the pizza on the table picking up her beer. As she walked behind him towards the other seat she stopped and gave him a hug from behind leaning over his shoulder.
"I am so glad you came you know." Jenna said to him sentimentaly.
"Well it's not like I could have left you to come by yourself, god knows what trouble you'd get yourself into." Max laughed joking it off.
"No seriously I mean it." Jenna said not wanting to joke off the appreciation she was showing him.
"I know." Max said more seriously and quietly with a nod putting a hand on her arm that was still wrapped round his shoulders leaning into her for a minute.
Jenna released him and sat on the chair next to him taking a slice of pizza with her beer.
"It feels so strange not being with the circus crew and the big top with us." Max said.
"I know so quiet isn't it." Jenna said.
The rest of the evening they chilled out, chatting drinking beer and finished the pizza and made a good dent in the choclate box.

The next morning they was up and out doing the horses in their usual routine. During the week days there was one show a day in the evening and on weekends two one I'm the afternoon and one in the evening.
"So really we didn't need to bring all three horses with there not being two shows every day." Max said to Jenna as they was working.
"Well not technically but its a good experience for all of them and they'd likely to stress if we separated them after almost always being together." Jenna reasoned.
"Yeh you've got a point, bloody horses." Max laughed and rolled his eyes.
"You love it really." Jenna laughed.
"Hmm loves a strong word." Max screwed his face up mostly in jest. Jenna faked shock to him.
"Only joking where else would I rather be than shoveling your horses shit." Max laughed.
"Now thats better." Jenna laughed giving him a playful shove to which he retaliated ruffling up her hair.
"So what's your plans for working them?" Max asked.
"Well they can pretty much take the shows in turns and there's a quiet patch of grass just over there that I could probably do some schooling with them on the days they're not working." Jenna said Max nodded.
"I could really do with getting them in the arena before the show for them to have a look around too. It'll be strange for them being here with out the circus and the big top." Jenna said.
"I can relate." Max said.
"I know, I didn't think it'd feel so strange being here solo." Jenna said.
"More reason to stick to your roots." Max said cautiously.
"Max I would never leave the circus or well not at least for as long as I'm able to preform." Jenna laughed.
"Jenna my darling I can still see you riding a horse upside down in your eighties." Max said with a smirk trying to be serious.
"Oh I'm not sure I'd still want to do it then. Probably wouldn't pull off the sequins." Jenna laughed.
"I'm not answering that." Max grinned. Jenna raised her eyebrows at him with a laugh.
As it was Friday they only had the one show. Once they'd finished the horses morning jobs they went for a walk around.
"I think your going to be very popular these next few weeks." Max smirked at Jenna noticing that the majority of the monster truck area was guys and a fair few of them was checking Jenna out.
"Hmm well I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm closed for business." Jenna said matter of factly knowing what he was getting at.
"Oh and is that because your heart lies with someone else?" Max asked coyly.
"Nope it means I am far from interested in greasy petrol headed male shovenistic pigs." Jenna said.
"Oh now thats very stereotypical of you." Max laughed knowing he'd hit a nerve with her.
"Oh OK because men, not just these men have never been stereotypical over me before." Jenna said in a prove me wrong manner.
"There's a point." Max said agreeing with her.
"Hey guys, settling in OK?" Cal said walking up behind them.
"Yes good thank you." Jenna smiled.
"Is there anything you need or that we can do?" Cal asked looking between them.
"I could do with maybe half hour to bring Trigger in the arena to look round before the show tonight if possible?" Jenna asked.
"Yeh sure no worries at all is in about an hour OK?" Cal suggested.
"Pefect thank you." Jenna said.
"Right catch you in bit." Cal said with a wink walking away as his phone started ringing.
"He's such a flirt." Max said watching Cal walk away.
"What Cal?" Jenna looked at him funny.
"Yeh." Max said as if it was obvious.
"He's like that with everyone that's just Cal." Jenna said pointing out the obvious.
"He is and it is." Max nodded.
"He's front of an events business he has to keep people 'sweet' " Jenna laughed.
"If thays what you call it." Max rolled his eyes.
"Maybe he could teach you a thing or too." Jenna joked.
"There's nothing he can teach me that I need." Max smirked. Jenna just rolled her eyes at him.

Jenna and Max made their way back to the horses and got ready to take Trigger in the arena to get him used to it and practice her routine. As jenna went in and started working away with Trigger Cal stood next to Max at ring side.
"She's absolutely amazing isn't she." Cal said standing next to Max watching Jenna practice.
"Yeh she's pretty good at what she does." Max nodded.
"I don't just mean with the performance, she's stunning. I tell you if I wasn't with Hannah.." Cal said suggestively in the guy talk way. Max just raised his eyebrows at him.
"I can't believe nothings happened between the two of you yet. You'd make a hot couple." Cal said.
"Me and Jenna?" Max was caught off guard and a little shocked, laughed a little.
"Yeh, you guys are like strangely close and spend so much time together." Cal said.
"We're good friends, I don't think either of us have looked at the other in any other way." Max said clearly although there was the odd niggle in the back of his mind at the few 'moments' they'd had and the night with all the tequila playing in his mind slightly.
"Right." Cal said in a what ever you say sort of way and they went quiet watching Jenna finish off her routine.
"Flawless, your going to be a show stopper tonight." Cal beamed at Jenna as she walked out still on Trigger.
"Why thank you." Jenna laughed.
Cal went through the plans for the running order with them and then they want back to the box to get everything set up for the horses that evening and the performance.
"So what was Cal talking to you about?" Jenna asked Max as they was working on the horses stables.
"Oh nothing much just how brilliant you are." Max said.
"Ah well he's not wrong there." Jenna laughed joking.
"Watch yourself you head won't fit through that horse box door if you carry on." Max laughed joking back. Jenna just gave him a glare and the middle finger.
"Oo touched a nerve." Max laughed.
"Watch it Thieriot or your ass won't fit through that door once I've kicked it." Jenna tried to warn seriously but was laughing.

Jenna was a massive hit opening the show and Trigger was perfect as usual. They finished off the horses and went to watch the rest of the show. They got talking to a few of the guys.
"You and your mises should come for some drinks with us all tonight." One of the guys said to Max as Jenna was on her phone finishing typing a message to Benji.
"Oh, we're not together." Max said the guy looked surprised.
"Sorry my mistake, but you are both welcome to come for drinks." He said smiling at Jenna as she looked up from her phone
"Alright, yeh, what do you think Jen?" Max asked.
"Yeh sure." Jenna gave a smile to be polite as the guy was still smiling at her suggestively. Then he left as someone was calling him over.
"I think we should have let them think we was together." Jenna said. Max just laughed noticing the extra attention she got once the guy realised they wasn't together.
"You can't use me as an excuse all your life." Max laughed.
Later that night they met up the with guys at the bar for some drinks Cal was there mingling with everyone. Jenna and Max got their drinks and sat talking to a few of the guys getting to know them. They guy from earlier tried to make an attempt to chat Jenna up but she avoided him with a bathroom break and "taking a call from Benji" she wasn't lying after all she really did call Benji however he didn't answer she assumed he must have been busy working. There was a couple of other guys who attempted to try their luck with Jenna, being one of the few females there. Jenna just put her best fuck off face on and they finally moved on. Max to his humour had noticed but was doing his best to ignore it chatting guy car stuff with some of the other guys.

"So someone was popular tonight." Max smirked as they walked back to the horse box together.
"Oh fuck off." Jenna laughed. "Not that you was much help."
"Ah I thought you was enjoying making new friends." Max laughed winding her up.
"Friends, I'm nothing more than a piece of meat to them." Jenna said laughing and acting repulsed.
"Oh here comes the dramatics again." Max joked. Jenna raised her eyebrows giving him a warning look but knowing he was joking.
"You never know some of them might actually be really nice if you give them a chance." Max said.
"Well I might give them a chance if they could look me in the eye when they're talking to me as oppose to my ass or boobs." Jenna laughed.
"Touché." Max smiled knowing she had a point.
"Anyway did you speak to Benji?" Max asked.
"Erm I got a message ealier asking if I had arrived safe. I replied to it saying we had and you'd came and everything was fine then he didn't reply. I called and it went through to voice mail so I suppose he's busy with work." Jenna said.
"Aren't they at home in the studio?" Max asked.
"Yeh. He'll probably just call back tomorrow, it's getting late." Jenna said trying to brush it off.

At home Benji, Joel, Billy, Paul and Dean was in the studio working away. Rachel came in with an arm full of shopping bags and coffees for them all.
"Someone's been busy." Paul said eyeing all the shopping that no doubt would be at Joel's expense. Rachel just gave him a fake smile putting the coffees on the table.
"Thanks babe." Joel said leaning in to kiss her on the cheek.
"I bumped into Mia and we just got a little carried away." Rachel smiled looking at her shopping proudly.
They all sat down having a break drinking the coffee.
"Hey Benj, have you heard from Jenna has she arrived there safely." Billy asked.
"Yes they have I got message earlier." Benji nodded.
"Well at least the upside of her going alone you don't need to worry about her being up to anything with that Matt whilst we're not around." Rachel said in her usual attitude.
"It's Max, and he is there." Benji said quietly.
"Aw thats great news did they make up then." Dean said as most seemed happy that Jenna and Max was now friends again.
"Yeh apparently so." Benji said.
"Hmff, maybe you do need to worry then." Rachel snorted her disapproval earning herself a warning look from Joel that she matched with one straight back.
Benji felt that unease and insecurity sneaking back. One thing he knew Rachel was right about no matter how wrong he knew it was he was selfishly happier when he thought Jenna and Max wasn't getting along. Later on they was busy working away in the studio, Benji had left his phone on the side. Rachel noticed an incoming call from Jenna, she discreetly swipped it off and deleted the history.


The weekend was busy Max and Jenna was busy sorting the horses stables and caring for them, doing the two shows a day and then in the spare time Jenna worked with the horses that hadnt done the shows that day. It was still a lot of work even though they didn't have the added work or prepping and sorting the big top like they would if they was with the circus. By the time they was finished for the night they made something quick to eat from the horse box which wasn't very exciting and got an early night.
The following week was a little more relaxed when it was just the evening show each day.
They had a little bit more time to chill between jobs. The phone signal wasn't great where they was most of the time neither had service. Where they managed to find signal they made a few phone calls to the other circus guys, Frankie and Jenna tried Benji. A few times it had rang through to voice mail and then when he had answered they made usual conversation but Jenna couldn't help but feel like he wasn't offering much to keep the conversation going. Jenna tried to put it down to he wasn't one of those people who was great talking over the phone. All previous conversations had been in person this was the first time they was properly away from each other.

"Well thats week one complete." Max said as they had just got back from Jenna opening the show, it was Friday evening.
"Sure is. As much as its much more relaxed here not having everything else to do. I miss the fast pace of the circus." Jenna said.
"You're never happy unless your busy, learn to chill more." Max laughed.
"It's just easier to keep busy." Jenna said seriously. Max looked at her and nodded he knew how she meant. Since the abuse from her ex Karl she still struggled mentally even though she managed it well the majority of the time. Jenna's best coping mechanism is keeping busy so not to have too much time to think.
"Anyways whats for tea tonight?" Max smiled trying to lighten the mood.
"Do you fancy going out for a meal?" Jenna asked.
"What like you and me?" Max laughed.
"Yes you and me." Jenna laughed at his silly question.
"Like a date, Jenna Copeland are you trying to ask me on a date?" Max laughed joking.
"No, infact call it what you will. I'm so sick of eating shit that we can manage to cook in that tiny stove or takeaways. I really want a decent meal." Jenna said. Max nodded.
"In all these years I don't think we've ever been out for a meal just the two of us." Max laughed.
"Well I know but that doesn't matter does it." Jenna shrugged it was innocent just two friends going out for dinner whilst working away.
"Well no I don't see why not." Max shrugged. "Dinner it is then." He smiled. They finished off the horses got showered, changed and ready to go out to dinner.
"I feel like I need to link your arm and get your chair for you." Max laughed as they walked into the restaurant.
"You can get the bill too if you like." Jenna joked.
"Oh I see how it is." Max raised his eyebrows at her.
"No, I'll get the bill as a thank you for being my best employee." Jenna said trying to winde him up.
"I'm your only employee." Max glarred at her.
"Well then your the best at it." Jenna laughed.
"There's still time for you to finish this event solo you know." Max grumbled.
"Oh I'm only joking Max-i." Jena laughed. "Anyway I'd think by now we could be more partners rather than 'boss and employee' I know we joke around but I've never seen you as an employee, more of an equal." Jenna said seriously as she knew it was a long running joke they used to winde each other up but she wanted to be clear she didn't see him as any less than her in their work.
"Well in that case, partners. Cheers." Max said raising his glass she smiled and clinked her glass with him. They enjoyed their food with some drinks chatting away.
"Are we staying for more drinks?" Max asked once they was done with food.
"Nah I think we should head back, there's two shows tomorrow and we're not quite used to that pace everyday." Jenna laughed.
"Oh starting to slow down are we?" Max laughed.
"No, nope just being reserved." Jenna laughed. They paid and walked back to the site together.
"Ah man that was some good food." Jenna smiled happy to have had a decent meal.
"It was, and good company." Max smiled putting his arm around her shoulders, as she instinctively put her arm around his back leaning into him as they walked in step together not completely usual behaviour for them as close friends relaxed in each others company. They went to bed pretty much as soon as they got in once Jenna had insisted on one last check in of the horses.

Back at the studio the guys where on a break for some lunch. Billy noticed Benji's phone ringing saying Jenna.
"Oh Benj your phone, its Jenna." Billy called to Benji trying to get it to him. Benji didn't rush over although he had heard Billy. The phone stopped ringing before Billy got to him.
"It's ok I'll call her back later." Benii said not seeming overly keen. Billy frowned at him.
"Have you spoke to Jenna much recently?" Billy asked.
"Not alot she says she doesn't have much signal where they are." Benji said.
"All the more reason to call her back now whilst she's got signal then." Billy said.
"It'll be fine, I'll try her later." Benji insisted continuing making his sandwich.
"Benj is everything OK?" Billy asked.
"Yeh why wouldn't it be?" Benji shrugged.
"I just thought you'd have been keen to speak to Jenna is all." Billy said.
Before Benji could answer Paul and Seraya walked in from their lunch.
"Hey Benji Jenna said shes been trying to call you." Seraya smiled clearly having just got off the phone from Jenna.
"I know and I'll speak to her later it's not urgent is it?" Benji said sounding a little irritated.
"No. I guess not." Seraya frowned. Benji walked out with his sandwich.
"What the hells up with him?" Paul asked Billy.
"No idea." Billy shrugged just as Joel also returned.
"Hey guys." Joel smiled.
"I'm almost sure you went out with Rachel." Paul said in a jokey way.
"I did, she went to meet Mia." Joel said as if everything was normal.
"Mia really, again?" Paul said.
"Well yeh they are still friends." Joel laughed.
Paul nodded seraya looked unsure.
"Oh before I forget how do you feel about a double date on Friday night? Dean and Jackie already have plans and Billy is busy but we have a table booked at the new restaurant down the street." Joel asked Paul and Seraya they both looked a little unsure with it being Rachel but thought better of it in attempt to keep the peace.
"Yeh sure we can make it." Paul said and Seraya nodded.

Erin and AJ had gone round the Frankie's farm house for dinner.
"Hey so glad you could come." Frankie smiled opening the door leading them through to the kitchen dinning area whilst Mike was finishing cooking.
"Well I thought we could make the most of it considering Seraya and Jackie are off with the guys and obviously Jenna and Max are away." Erin smiled taking her coat off hanging it up.
"Where's Brad?" Frankie asked pouring them drinks.
"He's away visiting his brothers." AJ said Frankie nodded.
"Have you heard much from Max or Jenna?" Erin asked.
"A little, it's hard because they don't seem to have much signal." Frankie said.
"How are they getting on?" AJ asked.
"They're fine now. All done and dusted back to normal. Thank god." Frankie laughed.
"I know I've never been more worried than when those two wasn't talking it's like just never meant to happen." Erin said. Frankie nodded knowing exactly how she meant.
"How's the event going?" AJ asked.
"Good I think. They said it feels so strange you guys not being there and then not having to set up the big top and everything." Frankie said.
"Ah they'll never want to come back to all the circus work." Erin laughed.
"Oh I wouldn't be too sure I think it's all a little bit too male orientated for Jenna there. She's been getting some unwanted attention." Frankie said with a laugh as they all knew how much it would drive Jenna insane having men pamber around her.
"Oh christ don't let Rachel and Benji know." Erin laughed. "Are things still going smoothly with Benji?" Erina asked.
"Hmm not so sure on that one. I have no reason to think they aren't just she's said with signal being bad and then when she does get through to him alot of the time he's busy or it goes to voicemail." Frankie said.
"How is he busy when they're just working in the studio?" AJ said clearly seeing the flaw to the situation that everyone was avoiding to keep it more positive Frankie just gave him a smile with raised eyebrows as if she knew what he meant and had had those thoughts too.
"Oh no I hope he's not starting withdrawing from her again and having Rachel in his head." Erin said.
"Me to. Its not fair on Jenna she deserves so much more. I know, I know they have this great connection from the past they all keep talking about and yeh I suppose when it is going well Jenna does seem really happy but it's just a shame it seems like the latter of the time and the rest she's under scrutiny." Frankie said as usual saying it how it is and hitting the nail on the head.
"Totally agree with you. Especially with all Jenna's been through she needs someone to restore her confidence and faith in men. We all thought that was Benji as first and still hope he is, just it always seems to be one step forwards three steps back." Erin said.
"Jenna has a major case of PTSD over relationships and trusting people, letting those walls down is hard for Jenna I just hope all this with Benji isn't doing more harm than good." Frankie said. Making Erin and AJ think for a second as they obviously aware of all what had gone on in Jenna's past but Max and Frankie really did have a much bigger insite to the depths of it.
"You know Jenna does so well putting on a brave face and getting on with things, keeping busy is her coping mechanism but every day is a battle for her mentally some more than others." Frankie said.
"She does so well she makes you forget all what she has been through. She's strong and has the support of great people around her." Erin said.
"And Max is brilliant at knowing just exactly what to do when the pieces start to fall apart." AJ said
"He's awesome with her I dread to think where she'd be without him now." Frankie nodded. The conversation drifted off to other directions them discussing what they'd had going on in their lives recently.

The weekend at the monster truck event was as busy as the previous one. Jenna and Max worked hard and on the Sunday night they went for drinks again with the other people in the event.
The rest of the week went by pretty much as normal as the previous week. Max and Jenna in their usual daily routines. They socialised with some of the guys from the event (the ones that didn't try to hit on Jenna everytime they seen her much to her disapproval and Max's entertainment.)

"We're going home in a few days." Max stated out loud and they was doing the stables.
"Well not home we've got the circus Halloween festival to come." Jenna corrected.
"That feels like home though." Max smiled they had both missed being out with the circus team over the past few weeks.
"I totally get you. This has been an amazing experience and I've enjoyed it but I have missed the circus." Jenna smiled.
"Totally." Max agreed.
"You won't be saying that next week when we're all working our asses off." Jenna laughed.
"I'm never going to complain about it again." Max said.
"I'll belive that when I see it." Jenna burst out laughing. Max half agreed with her knowing he wasn't overly fond of too much hard work.
"Right is that us finished up here for the night?' Max asked looking round everything seemed be done.
"Yeh come on let's go get beer." Jenna said as they walked back to the horse box and sat outside under the sunset chilling with a bottle of beer each.
"I have a new appreciation for the circus, that's for sure." Max said.
"I know I miss the chaos." Jenna laughed. "It's almost like we've been on holiday. I mean like even compared to being at yours when we're technically off but helping frankie with all hers. This has been a piece of cake." Jenna said.
"Would you do it again?" Max asked seriously. Jenna paused.
"I wouldn't be in a hurry to prioritise solo work compared to circus, my heart definitely lies with the circus but in down time, yeh I suppose I wouldn't say no. Providing my partner in crime was on board?" Jenna looked towards Max.
"Well I suppose as your partner I should back you all the way." Max smirked.
"Good to hear." Jenna smiled.
"This time next week when we're working our asses off rushing round with the circus we're definitely going to wish we were back here." Jenna laughed. Max laughed, nodding. Jenna's phone lit up signalling she had received a message. She tilted it to look at what it said then placed the phone down without replying straight away.
"Benji?" Max asked looking her over for answers.
"Yeh." She answered breezily.
"Everything OK?" Max asked confused at.her of handedness.
"I guess so." Jenna said not giving much away.
"Jenna, what's wrong?" Max asked knowing her better.
"Nothings wrong particularly.." Jenna said trailling off.
"But...?" Max pursued knowing there was a but to Jenna's answer whether she wanted to share it or not.
"There's not really a but just, I don't know. I've enjoyed the simplicity of here. no drama." Jenna said. Max nodded.
" you and Benji seemed to be getting on well before we left though." Max said.
"We was, we are. Well we've not really spoke an awful lot to be honest signals a bit rubbish." Jenna said.
"Ah see it'll all be better once you can see more of each other again." Max said reassuringly but Jenna didn't follow him as he studied her reaction.
"I suppose." Jenna said sounding less than sure.
"Jen?" Max gave her a questioning look.
"Well it's just, I don't know it maybe silly really it's nothing." Jenna wafled unsure of how to phrase how she felt. Max knew all to well this ment she was battling with desicions in her head.
"If somethings bothering you it's certainly not nothing and it definatly isn't silly." Max said turning to her properly. "Has something happened between you and Benji? Has Rachel been up to her old tricks?" Max tired to guess to help her out.
"No, not that I'm aware of. Everything's been fine. We're on good terms." Jenna said.
"So what is it?" Max asked knowing there was definatly more to it.
"I just can't help thinking how lovely it's been these last few weeks. The ease without the drama." Jenna said.
"There's not drama all the time." Max said.
"Alot of the time." Jenna made a point.
"OK but your getting through that now I know things have been rough but surely they're getting easier." Max said trying to stay positive and supportive but really he could see the affect the drama has had on her mentally and even gave her a set back from getting over the trauma of Karl.
"That's the thing I'm not sure thats how a relationship should be described." Jenna laughed at how ridiculous it sounded.
"There been a few unusual circumstances I'll give you that," Max laughed.
"You can say thay again." Jenna couldn't help but let out a laugh thinking of all the stuff that's gone one since meeting up with Benji again.
"So what are you saying how do you feel?" Max asked.
"I really don't know to be honest. Benjis not necessarily done anything wrong as of late, he's been great really just I don't know. You know it's hard for me getting my head round trust and things, letting my guard down with my past and Karl. It's like my heads just over ruling my heart too much at the moment and I don't know how long it will be for if ever. I know Benji's been trying really hard to rebuild those bridges, and yes, things are better than they was just... I don't know if they'll ever be enough." Jenna admitted, taking Max back a little. He always thought eventually they'd get to the day where Jenna would let her guard down and let Benji in fully but now seeing how troubled she still was he wasn't sure.
"I didn't realise you was struggling so much still." Max said quietly to her. He had helped her through the worst of the worst times getting through the Karl trauma when it first happened and then working on going since then to help keep the demands at bay. He thought Benji would end up being more of a cure when in actual fact with all the drama that's came along with it, Benji has in fact became a trigger.
"I'm OK, I'm managing I just can't seem to let my walls down with him now and I'm starting to think I might not ever. Maybe Rachel and Josh are right I am just stringing him along becuase I'm not sure if I can ever really fully commit to him, not now with all that's happened. Sometimes, too much has gone on that you can't let go of." Jenna said deep in thought full of emotion. Max knew there was nothing to say that would make this just go away or better instantly so he just leaned in and gave her a hug.
"I've got you, we've all got you your safe and trust in what your gut instinct is telling you. You don't need to feel like you have to do anything or make any decisions your not ready to." Max said as he held her.

It was (Sunday) the last day of the monster truck event there was two shows on and after the second show Max and Jenna would be travelling through the night to get to the circus Halloween festival that way it gave the horses the day to rest before they did a show Monday evening. They had done most of the stable jobs in the morning, preformed the afternoon show and was using the time between the afternoon show and the evening show to pack up ready to leave straight after the evening show.
"Hey guys, how's things going?" Cal asked walking over to them.
"Good thanks busy as usual." Jenna smiled.
"I just wanted to come over and say thank you so much for being part of this event. You've been amazing which obviously isn't a surprise." Cal flashed his charming smile. Max just rolled his eyes behind his back.
"Aw your welcome we've had a great time it's been a great opportunity." Jenna said.
"Well the events been such a success and everyone's loved having you as the opener, we've been asked to make this an annual event if your interested the jobs yours again next year and maybe any other events that might come in?" Cal asked hopefully.
"OK well send me some dates when you know and I'll see what our diary looks like." Jenna said.
"Great, will do. I'll let you get on. Have a safe trip and thanks again." Cal smiled giving Jenna a quick hug and Max the guy nod, then left.
"Max, it won't hurt to keep a foot in the door you know, horses cost money and you never know when things might come in handy." Jenna said trying to be logical. Max just gave a little nod.
"You know the circus would always come first that's why I've asked for dates and if you really don't want to do it then we don't have to." Jenna reasoned.
"It's not that I don't want to if your happy and it's what you want, I just prefer the circus." Max shrugged.
"I do to but like I said it'll be good too have other doors to open too if need be. You know there's a time limit on how long I can continue vaulting for I need to keep doors open." Jenna said.
"You will never not have options your too talented." Max smiled.
"Bloody hell I best sit down was that a complement." Jenna laughed faking shock.
"Don't get used to it." Max laughed.
They finished packing as much as they could then got ready for the last show. Cal and the team had bought Jenna a big bouquet of flowers and some champagne and Max a create of beer as a thank you gift. They packed up and set off on the road to the circus. Jenna drove the first half and Max took over for the second half so that Jenna could have a sleep with traveling through the night and having a preformace that evening coming up with the circus.

As they arrived at the circus and Max stopped the horse box Jenna was fast asleep leaning again the window. Max looked at her and laughed she was out for the count. The circus team and what looked like some of the good charlotte guys came walking over to the box.
"Hey good to see you." Jackie smiled as Max opened the drivers side door and started getting out.
"Where's Jenna?" Seraya asked, not noticing her at first with her being quiet asleep. Max pressed the window button to start opening the passenger window that Jenna was leant on. As it started to move Jenna jumped awake and bumped her knee on the dash board as she did. Max laughed and everyone else found it funny but tried not to let Jenna see.
"Asshole." Jenna grumbled half asleep getting out walking past Max.
"Always a pleasure Jenna." AJ laughed Jenna just shook her head at him starting to lighten a little as she was waking up more.
"Why the hell are all you guys here and awake at this time?" Jenna laughed as she routinly started opening up and unloading.
"We've come to help whilst we know you've had a busy few weeks and then straight back into it here." Jackie said. Jenna smiled appreciatively.
"Here Seraya grab Sully." Jenna said trying to hide the smirk on her face.
"Er.. I er,.. Jen I..." Seraya said nervously. She was very scarred of the horses up close. Jenna just laughed.
"I'm joking but you can take these in for me please." Jenna said handing her the flowers and champagne.
"Ooo they're beautiful, who are they off?" Seraya said in awe.
"Oh just a thank you off Cal." Jenna said in a no big deal way. Jenna hadn't noticed the good charlotte guys amongst everyone. Rachel however managed a usual shit stiring look at the flowers and Jenna to Josh who had come along with Benji and Joel. Josh was still not warming to the Benji and Jenna 'relationship'.
"Thats a pretty big thank you." Erin said admiring the beautiful flowers as they was all busy working together to unload things. Jenna just shrugged she'd never been too impressed by material things she was more a it's what people do (acts of kindness) as oppose to what they say or can give. She was never ungreatful just more of a sentimental person than materialistic.
"The guy could flirt with a stone statue." Max rolled his eyes, Brad and AJ burst out laughing knowing how Max meant.
"Sorry." Max said quickly to Jackie remembering she was here and Cal was her nephew.
"No need to apologise, I know more than anyone how much Callum fancies himself as prince charming." Jackie said as they all laughed knowing him well.
"Hey, what brings you guys here?" Jenna smiled noticing the guys from good charlotte plus Rachel and Josh as she walked out the horse box with Sully. "Is everything OK?" She asked noticing the off look she got from Rachel and Josh and a partly unsure look from Benji instantly guessing it was probably over the commotion of the flowers.
"We've been working in the studio since you left and decided to come visit and have a bit of time off." Paul smiled stepping forwards to hug her as she hugged him back. Billy was next and Dean.
"Good too see you." Jenna said as she got to Benji evaluating the look and the situation that involved him with Rachel and Josh by his side.
"You too." He visibly shook himself out of what ever thought was probably put in his head influenced by Rachel and Josh and gave her a smile and a half hug as Sully was getting impatient.
They all worked together to get the horses settled and the box unpacked as quickly as possible chatting briefly between themselves. Once they was done the good charlotte guys said their good nights and went back to their hotel they was staying at down the road. The circus team went to bed in their RVs.
"That was nice of everyone staying up to help." Jenna said as they got into the horse box.
"I know, I'd much rather be in bed." Max laughed. "Those flowers take up half the horse box."
"Those flowers are getting me in bother I think." Jenna said.
"I thought there seemed a bit of tension with Benji. What happened?" Max asked.
"Nothing really but I guess thats part of the problem along with the looks on Rachel and Josh's faces." Jenna sighed rolling her eyes.
"Oh seriously they all just need to get a grip of themselves." Max said getting irritated with the drama. Jenna nodded and yawned.
"Anyway I'm too tired to deal with any of their shit now let's just get some sleep." Jenna said walking off to the back room.
"Night." Max said setting up his bed.
"Night Max-i." Jenna said.
Sign up to rate and review this story