Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

32

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2023-01-11 - 2475 words

0Unrated
Frankie caught up with Max just as he got in his car. Before he put the key in to turn the engine on frankie jumped into the passenger seat.
"Go back and enjoy your meal." Max said plainly to her.
"Only when you shake off this mood and come with me." Frankie said stubbornly back.
"Well thats not going to happen." Max said.
"Why, why not? Why can't it?" Frankie said.
"Because..." Max trailled off.
"Because what Max? Why are you angry?" Frankie said clearly getting frustrated with her brothers attitude.
"I'm angry Because my so called best friend who were all supposed to work together as a team and have each others backs has gone into business for herself and stabbed the rest of us in the back." Max shouted.
"There's no need to shout and I don't think it's quite like that Max." Frankie tried to reason.
"Well it sure looks that way." Max said.
"Jesus christ Max what the hell Jenna is your best friend she's one of my closest friends and even I can't say I'm as close as the pair of you are, or were. I don't see why your so angry at Jenna for taking such a good opportunity that just accidently through no one's fault clashed dates with he circus but even thats been sorted out now yet your still angry. Why? Max why!" Frankie stated facts to Max. Max sat in silence.
"See you can't even answer me why becuase there is no good reason for you to be acting like this and giving Jenna the shit you are doing." Frankie said a little angry herself now.
"At the circus we've been together for years now. We've all had something to go through some more than others, we're all some sort of misfit but we come together as one big family. We have each others backs and we support each other. Jenna is breaking away from that and.. and what if we loose her? It would all fall apart if we lost her. She's the main attraction with those horses I know we say we're all equals but she is the star of the show and we're all OK with thst because she doesn't even see it herself she's so genuine and down to earth. If we lost her I don't know what we'd do, I don't know what I would do.." Max said opening up and beginning to sound emotional. Frankie softened and actually started to feel sorry for him if that how's he'd really been thinking and feeling since this whole argument started. A part of her still had that niggling feeling that she's keeping to her self that there was still the possibility of more to it between Jenna and Max and maybe some more feelings starting to grow or float around between them. Those glimmers of blurred lines between their "friendship/relationship"
"Max seriously why didn't you say that's how you felt. You know none of that would happen. Jenna is one hundred percent loyal to the circus and you guys. She's been through the darkest days of her life with you all and I'm pretty sure the best days too. You all mean so much to her to help her through all that especially you Max. She would never turn her back on you all. The event with Cal is just a little extra on the side line. You guys are her priority and her family." Frankie said Max sat in silence thinking of all what frankie just said.
"Please tell me you see sense now. Stop being angry at Jenna she's not turning her back on you or any of the things you've let yourself believe." Frankie said.
"I hope your right." Max said quietly.
"When am I wrong." Frankie laughed which made Max break into the first smile she had seen from him in a while.
"Right now are you coming back in for the food it'll be going cold." Frankie said.
"Nah I think I'm just going to take a rain check." Max said. Frankie frowned at him concerned again.
"I'm fine honestly, I just need head space." Max said.
"Right well I'll see you back at home." Frankie said eyeballing him he nodded. Frankie got out the car and headed back into the restaurant as Max drove off.

"No Max?" Jackie asked looking a little confused as Frankie walked back in alone.
"Erm no, he's gone home." Frankie said not really sure what to say or how much.
"That figures." Jenna rolled her eyes. Everyone else sharing concerned looks
"I think he needs to talk to you when you get home." Frankie said quietly to just Jenna.
"Talk to me? That would be a treat." Jenna said her bitter sarcasm coming through that she used as her coping technique when she was hurting by someone she really cared about.
"Yes trust me." Frankie said giving her a knowing look. Jenna just gave her an unconvinced look.
They all carried on with he rest of the meal mostly making small talk as they was all a bit uncomfortable with the recent goings on.
As they was leaving and saying their good byes at the end of the night.
"Right missy go and take the monster truck world by storm and well look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks." Jackie said giving Jenna a hug.
"Look after yourself." Erin said giving Jenna a hug. Brad gave her a pat on the back and a guy nod.
"Don't you take any of Max's shit I will kick his ass ready for you getting back." AJ said pulling her into a big bear hug.
The rest of the Good Charlotte guys wished her luck and wish her well giving her a few hugs and goodbyes.
"I'll walk you to your car." Benji smiled at her as they walked side by side in a comfortable silence across the car park.
"Well I suppose I'd better say good luck, and look after yourself. Be careful. Most of all have a great time and I'll look forward to hearing a about it from you when your back." Benii smiled giving her a hug.
"Thank you." She smiled almost a little sad that she wouldn't be seeing him for almost two months now by the time she's done the monster truck event and onto the Halloween festival. Good Charlotte would be home in the studio until christmas.
"If you need me you call me any time, I mean that." He said looking her in the eye. Jenna smiled and nodded, he was being great recently and she really felt they was repairing the bond they used to have.
"Bye Benji, see you soon." She said pulling him into another hug and giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Good night Jenna see you soon take care." Benji smiled. It killed him being so close to her but still not quite close enough but he knew the best thing to do was take the time to repair the damge he was mostly responsible for in their relationship and hope that one day he could have her back again. As he held the car door for her and closed it as she got in.
When Jenna got in Frankie and Mike were in the lounge having a glass of wine chilling out. Max was no where to be seen she presumed he was in bed. Jenna called a quick good night to Frankie and Mike and went to bed herself as she had a early start to pack up, load the horses and set off for the monster truck event especially being on her own it would be hard work but she was no stranger to hard work.

The next morning Jenna was up earlier than her alarm the sun was only just rising she went out and fed all the horses including Frankie's as there was no way she could get away with feeding some without the others. She packed up her stuff and checked she had everything. When she went in the house to get her bag of clothes Frankie had just got up.
"Jesus girl your on the ball this morning." Frankie said with a yawn. Jenna laughed.
"I think I'm m pretty much ready to load up and set off. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time so I didn't have to rush." Jenna said.
"Have you spoke to Max?" Frankie asked quickly remembering she had had a break through with him last night and thought that they would make a mense.
"Nope I've not seen him and doubt I will for a while." Jenna shrugged.
"Max! Frankie shouted.
"Frankie leave it." Jenna said already come to terms with the fact she was going to be flying solo for the foreseeable.
"No seriously you two need to talk." Frankie said desperately.
"Frankie if he wanted to talk to me he would have by now. I'm going take care of this and see you after Halloween if not before." Jenna said making a move to leave Frankie sighed and lost hope with Max.
"Right have a great time, be safe, look after yourself and those beautiful horses and most of all smash it like I know you can." Frankie said giving her a bug squeezey hug.
"I will providing you don't break my ribs right now." Jenna laughed.
"Sorry." Frankie jumped off her. "Right go on and let me know you've made it safely."

Jenna walked away feeling a mix of emotions excited for the up coming event, nervous that she would be alone but also feeling strong that she could do it. After all what she's been through in her life she was now quietly confident in her own skin. She threw her bag in the side locker loaded her horses who had done it so many times now they practically do it themselves. she climbed in the cab and hooked her phone up to sort the sat nav. As she was doing so the passenger door opened and in jumped Max. He sat there as if everything was normal like any other time they was going to an event. Jenna looked up at him from her phone eye balling him.
"Well are we going then?" Max said simply with a hint of trying to hide a smile. Jenna just looked at him as if he'd gone mad.
"What, well I can't leave you alone god only knows what trouble you'll get yourself into plus if you got hurt on your own Jackie would never forgive me." Max said looking at her in the eye for the first time in a while. Jenna smirked and gave a laugh shaking her head knowing she had her Max back again. For all she was angry at him for acting the way he has. She knew everything would be OK. She turned the engine on and began driving she could see Frankie through the mirror waving them off bouncing up and down excitedly.
"Have we got any good snacks?" Max said looking through Jenna's 'snack bag'.
"You get your own fucking snacks." She said seriously with humour in there usual way slapping his hand away from the bag.
"You can't expect me to travel three hours without a snack." Max pouted.
"It'll do you good." Jenna smirked.
"Right ok do I have to get all mushy and appoologise to be allowed some snacks then?" Max sighed still in their usual banter.
"Do what you want your not eating my snacks, you don't like them anyway." Jenna laughed.
"But I'm hungry I'm a big guy." Max smirked.
"Shoud have packed your own." Jenna smriekd back.
"Well I would have but I had to rush to get out because you decided to be setting off so early Mrs over prepared." Max said.
"Well if you wasn't an ass in the first place." Jenna shot back. They was ironing out their grievances with each other in their usual banter way. Putting the feelers out through their jokes to read how the others actually feeling.
"No seriously your right I was an ass and I am truly sorry. You really should hate me. I of all people shouldn't have done and said the things I have to you. I'm genuinely greatful that you haven't chopped my bolloks off by now and never wanted anything to do with me again." Max said in a rare genuine moment between them.
"What can I say I'm destined never to have a peaceful life." Jenna smiled letting him know she was OK with him.
"I just, I think I got a little insecure." Max said and Jenna knew how much he was trying as he never liked to open up about his feelings making himself vulnerable.
"Insecure, you Max Theriot never!" Jenna said with a laugh trying to keep it lighter.
"I'm trying to be serious here." Max said half laughing but the other half you could see his emiontial side showing through. Jenna turned serious and gave him a sympathetic nod.
"I just I don't know I let myself believe that if you did this for Cal you would see there's more to the world than just the circus and you'd leave. If you left the circus I don't know what would happen, I don't know what I'd do." Max said.
"Oh Max-i that will never happen I would never leave the circus its the family I've never had but always needed." Jenna said.
"I know but Cal's just so big and powerful and rich he can open doors for you and I was scared we'd loose you, that I'd loose you. The circus would fall apart and I'd have nothing." Max said.
"Serioauly Max you thought all that. 1. The circus would be fine even if I left... which I'm not let's be clear on that. 2. You would be fine you would always have a job with me, or with Frankie and even in the circus and 3. You'd never lose me we're like bonded together forever to cause havoc through sarcasm and mayhem." Jenna laughed. Causing Max to smile and laugh along with her.
"Right can we burry this now we've aired all our feelings." Jenna said.
"Yes if that means you've accepted my apology." Max said.
"Pinky promise." Jenna said holding out her little finger for him. He looked at her for a minute as if I can't believe your being this childish before linking his pinky with hers.
"Oh and just one more thing. Your driving the rest of the way from the next rest stop." Jenna added with a smirk not letting his pinky go.
"Fine." Max reluctantly agreed and she gave a satisfied smile causing him to laugh and shake his head at her.
Sign up to rate and review this story