Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

31

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2022-09-12 - 4052 words

0Unrated
The next morning Max let himself in to their room with his key as Jenna and Benji was still asleep on their separate beds from the previous night. He had to stop and double look to check he was in the right room and what he was seeing. Jenna and Benji started to wake up hearing the door.
"Max? What the hell are you doing up?" Jenna laughed knowing Max was never up early especially not after drinking the night before.
"I think the real question is what's going on here." Max smirked.
"Absolutly nothing that's running through your filthy mind that's for sure." Jenna shot back.
"Morning." Max smirked at Benji turning his attention to him.
"Alright." Benji gave him the guy nod.
"Anyway I only came for my charger most people are down for breakfast so I'll leave you to what ever this is and maybe see you down there... or maybe not." Max smirked and laughed walking back out pleased with himself.
"Well I think someone's taken two and two and made six thousand." Benji laughed.
"I have no idea how I put up with him." Jenna laughed rolling her eyes.
"So do we risk breakfast?" Benji smiled.
"Yeah might as well, go rip the plaster off so to speak." Jenna said. Benji went to his room to freshen up and get changed as Jenna did in hers.
Jenna got down to the breakfast room before Benji. Most of the guests who stayed in the hotel was in there having breakfast including the circus and Good Charlotte guys. As Jenna walked in clearly Max had been a bit colorful with the truth as to what he had walk in to see ealier judging by the looks she got.
"Good morning Jenna." Frankie smirked.
"Good morning" Jenna said with a smile in attempt to ignore the look on her face.
"And I suppose it is a good morning then isn't it." Seraya smirked.
"I suppose you could say that providing you've not got a hang over." Jenna shrugged and she got some coffee and went to sit down.
"Or depending on who you share a room with." Brad smirked and Max let out a little laugh.
"However not the same bed so you can all put yourselves back in the box you came from and pipe down." Jenna warned with a laugh.
"Oh and what have you got to say for yourself." Paul laughed as Benji walked in.
"Not alot really to be honest." Benji said ready with the quick reply. Earning a few 'ooos' from the rest of them. Jenna laughed rolling her eyes to Benji.
"Alright you bunch of children give it up already." Jackie the voice of reason piped up. Although Jenna and Benji was getting along better and Jenna was dealing with things better she didn't want them to be crossing a line with getting too involed in the ins and outs of Jenna and Benji's relationship.
"Thank you." Jenna mouthed to Jackie with a nod.
They all settled down and sat eating breakfast making causal conversation. After breakfast people started to break off to pack ready to leave and went home. AJ and Erin got picked up in a taxi and went to the airport for their honeymoon.

The next week or so went by smoothly Erin and AJ where due back home in the next few days. Jenna had started to bring her horses back into work so that kept them busy up at the farm. They still managed to meet up in bits of groups here and there too. Jenna and Benji was still talking and getting along well they had been out a couple of times for coffee, lunch, the cinemas and even dinner but so far stilljust as friends but there was a clear spark between them still.
It was the afternoon Jenna had just been in the house to get a drink between exercising her horses as Cal Jackie's nephew pulled up in his car. Cal got out shouted a hello to Max on he yard but then turned his attention to Jenna.

"Hey what brings you here?" Jenna smiled. She had always got along with Cal well.
"Well I have a propersition for you." Cal smiled.
"Sounds interesting." Jenna said curious to what he wanted. She had helped him out in the past to buy his wife a suitable horse.
"Well I'm currently organising a big monster truck rally and we need an opening performance act and I just can't help but think that you and your horses would be perfect for it. It'll be well paid you can request all the equipment that you need for the horses and yourself. I just couldn't think of anyone better. What do you think?" Cal smiled hopefully. He knew Jenna worked on the circus and had done for a long time now and otherwise the only other work she did with her horses was competitions but he just knew they would be a perfect opening act for the monster trucks rally.
"Oh I don't know, I'd have to think about it." Jenna said sounding a bit unsure. Her loyalties lay with he circus and Jackie. She didn't want to upset Jackie but she couldn't help but think it would be good to do.
"Aw Jenna don't let me down. You and your horses are spectacular it would be such a great opportunity and great exposure for you and your horses. Not to mention it will be paid extremely well. Please give it some consideration." Cal said doing his best to convince her. Jenna knew he would only want the best for her and is genuine.
"OK I'll see what I can do." Jenna smiled.
"OK I promise you won't regret it if you do it please give it some good thought but I really need to know as soon as possible." Cal said Jenna nodded.
"OK well I'll leave you to it and give me a call please either tonight or tomorrow if you can." Cal smiled giving her a loose hug and a kiss on the cheek then getting in his car and leaving.

"Hey what did Cal want?" Max asked as she walked back over to the stables.
"He's running an event and he wants me and the horses to be the opening act for a monster truck rally." Jenna said.
"Oh really are you even considering it?" Max said screwing his face up at the idea.
"Well yeh why wouldn't I it's a great opportunity and a lot of money." Jenna shrugged.
"But we're due back on the road with the circus again soon." Max pointed out as they knew they was just waiting for finalised dates.
"Oh I'm sure it'll be fine, we'll sort something out." Jenna brushed off but Max still seemed bothered by it.
Jenna gave Cal's propersition a good bit of thought for the rest of the day. Frankie was more open to the idea when she discussed it wither her saying if Jenna wanted to do it she should go for it. So Jenna called Cal that night to agree to do it.
The next day Max didn't seem too pleased that Jenna had agreed to do the event for Cal but kept it mostly to himself. Jenna had called Jackie to explain but Cal has already briefed her that he wanted to ask Jenna to do it. Jackie said that she wasn't going to stand in Jenna's way, she is at the end of the day a free agent and it was a great opportunity. If she wanted to take it as sad as she would be as it would mean Jenna missing half of the Halloween festival with the circus then she should take it she would always have a place on the circus team.
The next day Jackie had arranged a circus team meeting as she wanted to dicuss the up coming tour dates. The had all joined around the table chatting between themselves until Jackie stood and cleared her throat.
"OK so we have a Halloween festival booked that going to run for three weeks from 24th however we will need to alter performances a little as the equestrian act won't be with us for the first half of the shows..." Jackie said as everyone started to look confused and look for answers. Jenna stayed quiet feeling a bit guilty.
"So your seriously going to do it then." Max piped up. Seeming quite pissd off which was a tone he never used with Jenna not unless they was joking around. Everyone looked round at them Max stood from his seat and Jenna still sat down just looking at the ground infront of her.
"Come on Max don't be like that." Jenna said quietly only briefly looking at him.
"This is ridiculous your place is on the circus team." Max said frustrated at her.
"Jenna has a great opportunity and she should take it " Jackie said.
"How can you and Cal do this to Jackie, to the circus, to us... we're supposed to be a family."
"Max don't be like that it won't be long and then we'll be back" Jenna said clearly upset affected by Max's anger towards her.
"You need to get you priorities straight, we're a family the circus should come first." Max said in disbelief at her.
"It's not that simple I've already agreed with Cal before the circus dates where made." Jenna tried to explain and plead to Max. everyone else bar Jackie still looking really confused and concerned to what was unfolding infront of their eyes. Jenna and Max never argued or fought and always had each others backs. It was quite disturbing seeing them like this.
"That shouldn't matter the circus takes priority, after all we've done for you..." Max said upset with Jenna.
"Max..." Jackie warned not wanting him to go too far and end up saying something he'd regret.
"No, Jenna stop thinking about the money or is it Cal? what is it with him why's he always get what he wants!" Max said
"Max that's not true come on..." Jenna said tying to reason with him.
"Don't Max come on me. You need to give your head a wobble and go call cal tell him thanks but no thanks." Max said still angry.
"Max I know your not happy about this but its just the once and its not for long and then we'll be back with the circus." Jenna tried to reason again.
"We!? Oh no don't include me in this I will be where we belong with the circus so count me out." Max said and you could literally hear a pin drop in thr room.
"Fine I'll manage on my own then." Jenna said clearly taken back not just by Max's anger but by him refusing to help her.
"You go for it miss independent." Max said and stormed off.
"Fuck you Max." Jenna said clearly hurt. The others still looking on as Jenna turned to them all sat waiting for answers.
"I'm sorry I can't do this right now." Jenna said and left too.

As she got back to the house Frankie was looking at her expectantly.
"What the hell bit his ass." Frankie said meaning Max then she noticed how upset Jenna looked.
"Whars wrong?" Frankie asked Jenna sitting down with her on the bench outside the house.
"Max is angry at me becuae I accepted the part in Cal's event and then we get the date for the circus and they over lap for a week or so. I feel bad about missing the circus and don't want to let anyone down but I'd already agreed with Cal. Jackie has given her blessing for me to do it but I know she's upset that it means I'll miss some of the circus festival. We've just had a meeting and Max flipped at me..." Jenna explained.
"He what!? I'll kick his ass." Frankie said looking ready to go punch Max.
"No don't he's just upset too he's so loyal to the circus team he's confused and angry that I'd go to somewhere else with my act." Jenna explained.
"Well it still gives him no right to flip at you if Jackie's gave her blessing then he should just accept it." Frankie said.
"I know but he's not and he's said he's not coming with me to Cal's event, that he was staying with the circus." Jenna sighed.
"What will you do?" Frankie asked.
"I don't really know. What do you think? do I go against my word to Cal and let him down this short notice so I'll be able to do the circus or do I go for it with Cal.. probably alone and then go back to the circus and hope Max is OK with it." Jenna said.
"You have to do what's best for you ideally doing both if you could would be great but if the dates over lap personally you should honour your agreement with Cal it just sucks that it means missing a bit of the circus tour but if Jackie has given her blessing and understands then my brother just needs to chill out about it." Franke said.
"Thanks but I've never seen him so angry at me before we never argue, seriously he's really not happy with me right now." Jenna sighed.
"Well that's his own stupid fault, he'll come round." Frankie said.
Max stayed out of Jenna's way for the rest of the night and where they was around each other it was a bit uncomfortable considering Max was clearly still angry.
The next day Cal had rang Jenna to go through some arrangements Jenna had openly discussed with him the current circumstances and he had said to leave it with him. The rest of the day Jenna spent doing her horses and getting them ready for their routines they would be doing in the performances for both the monster trucks event and the Halloween festival. Max was still helping her do the horses but he didn't speak a word to her or even look at her.
The next couple of days went by the same Max not talking to Jenna or even acknowledging her. Frankie did her best to try and smooth out the situation but had no success.
Jackie had arranged a meal for everyone that evening and invited along Billy, Joel and Rachel as Benji, Dean and Paul was already going. Jenna hadn't seen Benji in person since falling out with Max but she had spoken on the phone with him to which he listened to her talk but stayed mostly neutral between Jenna and Max as Max had become what he would consider a friend now too.
Frankie and Mike arrived at the meal before Jenna and Max due to them not talking or getting along it took them longer to get the horses done as the what once was a well oiled machine between them had ground to a virtual halt. Everyone else was at the meal as Frankie and Mike arrived and sat down.
"Hey, how's things?" Erin asked Frankie concerned about Max and Jenna.
"Erm they've been better, much better." Frankie said. Everyone looked over concerned they was worried about the friendship breaking down between Max and Jenna and what it would mean for the circus team too they'd all been so close knit for so long no one knew what to do or expect especially from Max and Jenna who seemed unbreakable.
"Are they still arguing?" Seraya asked.
"No its worse they just don't acknowledge each other. Well saying that Jenna has tried a few times but Max just won't have it, just totally ignores her with his think head." Frankie said.
"Are they not coming tonight?" AJ asked worried like everyone else bar Rachel who seemed to be quietly enjoying this.
"Yeh they should be. They're late finishing their jobs off because they won't talk or work with each other like they used to." Frankie said with a sigh.
"Jesus really? Are they not doing the hrses together" Brad said.
"Well yeah they are but it's counter productive as they're not talking or organising together." Frankie shook her head.
"What do we do?" Seraya said seeming upset. Frankie just shrugged.
"I've tried speaking to each of them and smoothing it over but had no success as of yet. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually though." Frankie said trying to sound positive but even she had her doubts.
"I hope so." Seraya said.
"Jackie is there anything you can do? Speak to Jenna, Max or even Cal?" Erin said.
"Jenna is a free agent you all are she's is free to make her own choices as sad as I'll be to not have her with us for a brief time it's a fantasic opportunity for her one I support her fully with. Cal has spoke with me and we do have some news but I need Jenna and Max to be here first if they ever get here. I don't know if it will change anything but it is positive. We will just have to be supportive between the pair of them through this until they hopefully get back to the Max and Jenna we know." Jackie said.
Just then they seen Jenna's car pull up and she was alone not looking happy at all then Max pulled up in the farm car next to her, he got out didn't acknowledge her slammed the car door and walked straight into the restaurant not even holding the door for Jenna. Max sat to the right of Frankie and Mike and Jenna sat next to Benji who was on the left of Frankie and Mike saying a quick hello to him as she sat down.
"Psst Benji you two might have a real chance now she's not with that guy." Rachel whispered loudly so it was audible to everyone. Paul, Benji, Billy and even Joel looked at her in shock that she would come out and say that considering even though she wasn't being 'friendly' with them everything had started to get more tolerable.
Jenna shot a glare at her as if she was ready to leap across the table and knock Rachel out. Benji just put a hand to Jenna's arm in an effort to calm her down.
"That's enough." Joel said sternly to Rachel which made her look like a sulky child. Give Joel his due he's starting to stand up to Rachel which helped the whole situation massively.
Max didn't respond at all which was worse as normally he had Jenna's back 100% and would have defended her in that situation. The waiters came to take the food and drinks order then once they'd left Jackie turned to Jenna.
"Jenna have you spoken with Cal?" Jackie asked making sure before she started to speak with he group. Jenna nodded. Most turned their attention to them.
"Have you spoken with Max about it?" Jackie asked Max rolled his eyes.
"Does it look like I've been able to speak to Max." Jenna said unimpressed by Max.
"Right ok." Jackie sighed looking at Max who was still clearly angry.
"Well then we've had a few discussions and between myself and Cal we have pulled a few strings. We have manged to adjust the dates of both events which means moving Cals event forward slightly and ours back slightly which means that Jenna and her horses can do both. They would just arrive a day later than the rest of us which as fine as the first day has no shows, its for set up." Jackie smiled hoping that was smooth things over with Max a bit. Everyone else looked happy about the news. As people turned their attention to Max he didn't break face in his anger.
"That's good news isn't it." Seraya smiled to Max hoping to break the ice a little."
"If you say so. I'm still not on board with it, it shouldn't have come to this in the first place. She's let us all down and shown she's really not got our back like we've had hers. She's the one being a dickhead in it all." Max said still furious. Jenna looked outraged.
"No Max your the fucking dickhead!" Jenna shot straight back. Max got up and left. Rachel let out laugh only to get a nudge off Joel. They turned their attention to Jenna hoping she would go after him now still concered. Jenna just shook her heard and rolled her eyes in a I've given up way.
"Jen are you.." Frankie started to see if Jenna was going after him.
"What's the point." Jenna shrugged.
"The point is he's your best friend you two are better than this." Frankie said clearly frustrated.
"All he doesn't rip my head off and ignore me, I've done nothing wrong I've tried to smooth it over so many times there's nothing more I can do or say." Jenna said looking totally fed up.
"Fine." Fankie said and stood and went after Max.
"Bit of a stupid question I know but are you ok?" Benji leant closer to ask Jenna quietly as everyone tried to just go about their business pretending not to be concerned or talking about Max and Jenna.
"Urgh it's just stupid, I'm so tired of drama." Jenna said rubbing her head clearly exhausted and fed up with it all. Benji gave her a sympathetic nod.
"Maybe now the dates are different given chance to cool off a bit Max will come round." Benji tried.
"I don't think I even care any more, he's so bloody stubborn." Jenna sighed clearly over it but not realy meaning it.
"I don't think you mean that fully, you and Max are a great team." Benji said.
"Was, not any more. It's a shambles." Jenna said.
"You'll both get over it, and be back to your usual dream team." Benji smiled.
"I hope so because honestly I'm struggling with us how we are at the moment. As hard work as it would be I'd be better on my own than with him the way he is at the minute." Jenna sighed.
"You'll be back to normal before you know it." Benji smiled.
"I like your positivity and I hope your right as at the minute it's like I'm missing my right arm." Jenna said.
"Well why don't you go tell him that." Benji said.
"I've tried, I've really tried over and over again but he's not having it." Jenna said clearly frustrated.
"He probably feels he needs to defend the circus in a way..." Benji started cauciously. Jenna looked about to interrupt him.
"I know, I know in none of this have you been against the circus or anything that Max feels right now but from his point of view he maybe feels a bit scared of loosing what you have and what the circus has. You've all been so close and that's solely been it for so long he now maybe feels this new venture is threatening that." Benji said. Jenna took time clearly letting Benjis words sink in.
"Jesus Benji when did you do a therapist degree." Jenna laughed causing Benji to laugh and look proud that his words must have helped a little.

"Guys I'm so worried about Max and Jenna. Max has totally lost it and Jenna looks totally over it all." Seraya whispered to Jackie and Erin.
"I know I feel so helpless. What can we do, they like need their head banging together or something." Erin said.
"We need to give them space. I'm confident they'll work through it when they're ready. Until then let's just hope Frankie can talk some sense into them and looks like Benji is working wonders right now too." Jackie smiled wtih a nod to Jennaband Benji talking closely.
"He's so good for her he fills the gap that Max doesn't in a way we never knew she needed until she had it." Erin smiled.
"Getting a bit mushy there Erin." Seraya laughed.
"Well it's true." Erin smiled.
"Yeh you are right." Seraya gushed.
"Anyone would think you two are watching a romantic comedy movie." Jackie laughed shaking her head.
Sign up to rate and review this story