Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > The Goatman

Wake Up

by panda_1418 4 reviews

It seemed a little far-fetched, didn't it? ;]

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-01 - Updated: 2006-10-02 - 468 words

-1Boring
Delilah turned away, closing her eyes, waiting for the split-second of pain before death. How would it feel, she wondered. What came after death? Well, in a few seconds, she'd know.

But ... nothing happened. No pain, no nothing. She just stood there, eyes closed tightly, waiting. Or was she standing? Suddenly, Delilah was aware that her back was up against something. Something soft an flat, so it was undeniably not a tree. When you got to Heaven, did you wake up lying down?

Finally, mustering all her courage, Delilah opened her eyes. Bright, fuzzy, swirling shapes confronted her. She blinked a few times as everything slowly sharpened. She was staring at ... the bottom of a seat?

Delilah rolled her head so she was looking up. She saw the roof of a plane. But how was that possible? Even though it pained her greatly, she titled her head up, so she could see over her body. She was just barely able to see in the cockpit, but what she saw was a welcome sight: blond hair poking out from around the pilot's headrest; an arm wrapped in a blue sleeve gripped the controls.

"Julius?" she whispered, not daring to believe it.

He wasn't entirely sure if he had heard something, so Julius merely glanced back. Then he took a second look, and his face split into a relieved smile. He flicked on Auto-pilot and rushed to her side.

"Are you okay?" he asked, then not giving her time to answer, added, "For God's sake, I was about to land this thing and take you to a hospital!"

Julius gently lifted Delilah up, so she was sitting. Her head hurt like blue murder. "What happened?" she asked, rubbing her forehead.

"I don't know," Julius replied slowly. "You, well, at first I thought you were sleeping, but then I couldn't wake you up. So I figured you were tired, but then you started talking ... then screaming. God, Delilah, you scared me half to death! I just felt so ... helpless."

"I was having a ... dream," Delilah explained. "A nightmare, really."

Julius looked interested. "What was it? Must have been scary, for you to have been yelling like you were."

She felt the tears welling up in her eyes as she remembered the last thing she had said to him: So you think I'm stupid? She looked away, trying to hide the tears, but Julius had seen. He pulled her into a hug, and brushed away the teardrop running down her cheek.

"Hey, hey," he whispered. "It's okay, you don't have to tell me about it now. Just get some rest. We'll be landing shortly."

Julius helped Delilah to her feet, and eased her into a chair. "Remind me again, where are we going?" Delilah asked.

"Prince George's County in Maryland."



The end?
Sign up to rate and review this story