Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > The Goatman

Run

by panda_1418 4 reviews

Run run run as fast as you can Or he'll catch you because he's the Goatman

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 504 words

2Ambiance
The scream caught in Delilah's throat. She couldn't move. She was frozen with fear, looking into those hateful red eyes. Something whizzed past her head, bringing her back from the trance. Somehow, Delilah wasn't surprised at what she saw the monster holding: an axe.

Run

Lightning flashed, and she saw the weapon glitter. The monster - the Goatman - was just holding it there, above his head, ready to strike. Why didn't he?

Run, Delilah

Another bolt illuminated the scene. It was then she got her first real look at the Goatman. He was about seven feet tall, covered in thick, tangled brown fur. He could have been human, except below the waist he had the body of, well, a goat.

Why won't you run

The axe was swung higher above his head as the Goatman prepared to bring it down. Finally, Delilah found she could control her legs again. She tore off into the night as the axe thudded into the place she had been seconds before.

"HELP!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Even though Julius was a quarter of a mile away, he head Delilah's scream as if he was standing next to her. An icy fist of fear gripped his stomach as he took off towards the scream.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Delilah's brown hair was plastered against her face. Her feet pounded the ground in time with her heart. She was breathing loudly and quickly as she ran from the monster.

A flash of lightning illuminated a large oak tree in her path. In the nick of time, Delilah dodged around it. She pressed her back to the trunk as she tried to catch her breath. There was a soft clip-clop of hooves as the Goatman passed by her.

"Oh thank God," she breathed.

She tried to gulp down air as quietly as possible, afraid that maybe the Goatman had some sort of sonar hearing. Her knees trembled with fear as she realized just how alone she was. Julius could be anywhere; he could have gone back. And now here she was, lost in a forest and hunted by some sort of deranged monster. Finally, she could stand no more, and slid down to the ground.

THUD!

The silver axe quivered in the tree trunk, in the exact place her head had been moments before. Delilah was almost too scared to look up, but she did.

Run

Those blood-thirsty, crimson eyes were glaring at her again, inches from her face. The Goatman yanked his axe out of the tree trunk and swung it up. There was nowhere to run, and she was too exhausted to move. The eyes seemed to smile as the axe came down.

"NOOOO!!"

Lightning flashed and showed Julius flying through the air. The blow that was meant for Delilah hit him in the back. She screamed as he fell to the ground, red liquid quickly seeping out from around the axe.

Now look what you've done

The Goatman viciously yanked the weapon from Julius' back. He raised it above his head and brought it down savagely.

"DELILAH!"
Sign up to rate and review this story