Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > The Goatman

Lost

by panda_1418 4 reviews

Nighttime, alone in the woods, someone stalking you. Great ...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror - Published: 2006-09-25 - Updated: 2006-09-25 - 600 words

3Exciting
Delilah sat in the car as Julius drove down the road. She didn't want to look out the window, but couldn't bear to look at him. What would he think of her if he knew she was SCARED? Of something that didn't exist? As a hand rested on her shoulder, she nearly screamed.

"De?" Julius asked softly. "Are you okay?"

She still didn't make eye contact as she answered. "Yeah ... yeah, I'm fine. That story just ... ugh!" She shuddered.

Julius nodded knowingly. "I know, but you don't honestly believe that it's true, do you?"

Delilah shrugged. "I dunno ..."

"You had a dream on the plane, didn't you?" he asked.

"A nightmare." she corrected.

He took a deep breath, as if afraid to ask the question. "What was it about?"

Since Delilah was looking down and her hair hung beside her face, Julius couldn't see her eyes widen as she remembered. "I don't know." she lied. "I can't quite recall it."

Julius eyed her suspiciously. "I know when you're lying, De. But it's fine if you don't want to tell me."

"I'm not lying!" she snapped, a little more irritated than she wanted to sound.

"All right." he said shortly.

After a few minutes of silence, Julius spoke again. "You know, talking about it could help."

Delilah rolled her eyes. "I don't want to talk about it, Julius! It was just a stupid nightmare I got from reading my stupid book, okay?"

He put up his hands, but she could tell he didn't believe her. She grabbed the side of the steering wheel and pulled it towards her. Julius yelled as the car did a 360.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?" he gasped as the vehicle came to a stop. "ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US??"

Delilah opened her door and stepped out of the car. She began walking briskly towards the woods. Julius hopped out and rushed after her.

"De, where are you going?" he asked, grabbing her shoulders.

She spun around and glared at him. "I'm going into those woods to prove once and for all that no stupid Goatman lives in those stupid trees!"

"Delilah!" Julius exclaimed, running in front of her. "The Goatman is just a stupid story, why do you need to prove anything? And besides, going into the forest alone after dark is a stupid idea."

"So you think I'm stupid?" she shouted.

As she turned to run towards the woods, Julius clapped his hand to his forehead. "That's not what I'm saying! Come back! Delilah!"

But it was too late. She had disappeared into the trees. Julius sighed. "Oh man, I can't believe I'm gonna do this."

He dashed after Delilah, leaving their car parked on the side of the road. It's headlights illuminated something moving across the road.

Something that wasn't entirely human.

-------------------------------------------------------

Lightning flashed, lighting up the forest. Even though Delilah was expecting it, the thunder scared her half to death. A few seconds after the thunder died away, a raindrop landed on her nose. She blew it away and sighed.

"This is perfect. I was so stupid to come here." She sat down on the grass sheltered by a tree. "And now I'm lost. I couldn't find Julius if I wanted to. And I do."

A twig snapped behind her, making her cringe. She relaxed slightly. "Okay, Julius, you heard me. I'm sorry. Come out, okay?"

There was a rustling in the bushes, but no one came forth. Delilah sighed. "Fine, I'll follow you."

She turned around and froze.

Staring at her were not Julius' eyes, but the eyes from her nightmare!
Sign up to rate and review this story