Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophesy

A Horrible Future

by story_master 3 reviews

The future that Theresa sees is not a pretty one. And it's one that she'd like to fix, the sooner the better.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-10-04 - Updated: 2006-10-05 - 1482 words

2Original
Tory: Okay I decided that since I didn't update yesturday that I should add two chapters today. So here's number 5. Hope you like it!
Ferrets: Tory doesn't own CotT. But she does own her stories and us.
Tory: Okay. On with the chapter....


Theresa stayed in the same spot for an hour. Her tears continued to flow. She couldn't bear to see it anymore. Finally she stood up and turned away. The wind picked up and sent a shiver over Theresa's body. She knew that there was only one place that she could stay the night. As much as she hated it she couldn't stay anywhere else. Theresa forced herself to turn around and look at it again. So many memories floated in and out of her mind.

" I can't believe this." she said under her breathe.

Theresa pushed herself to walk forward. One step at a time. She came closer and closer. But as she reached the door, which looked worn, she stopped. Could she really go through with it? She had to. Theresa opened the door and stepped in. She walked down the hallway and looked into the kitchen. She couldn't believe her eyes. She was surrounded by destruction. ' How did this happen?' she thought as tears started once more to form in her eyes. Then she heard a noise.

" Who's there?" she asked as she spun around.

No one else was there. Theresa pressed herself to continue farther. She made her way up the broken stairs and stood at the top. She took a deep breathe before continuing. As she neared a broken door she stopped and backed up. Theresa then peered into the room which had no door. The room was trashed. ' How could this have happened? Where are the others? What's happened to my.... our home?' she thought as she walked away from the room that had once belonged to Jay.

Theresa looked around the rest of the brownstone and the same thoughts flew through her head. " When did this happen? Why did this happen? Where are my friends?' Theresa then walked back to the second floor, which contained her room, and stopped once more in front of Jay's room. Did she dare enter? Yes. Theresa stepped into the room that was littered with papers and debris from the broken door, walls and ceiling. She stood there for a moment and just looked. She bent down and picked up a piece of paper. It was a map. And all the places they had looked for her.

Theresa dropped the paper and left the room. It was too painful to see everything this way. She went into what used to be her room. She dropped down onto the bed and curled up into a ball. Trying to forget everything she had just forced herself to look at. It took hours but eventually Theresa fell to sleep.

The next morning Theresa awoke to the sound of birds chirping. It was those sweet few seconds after sleep where everything seems perfect in the world. Then reality came crashing down on her. Literally. The ceiling in her room had given way and she now had to find her way out from under a pile of rotten boards. She gained many scratches and cuts but ignored them. She decided to head out into the town and find out what was going on. Theresa left the brownstone hoping ofr the best but so far fate had not been so kind.

" Good morning." a cheerful towns woman called to Theresa happily.

" Good morning." Theresa replied.

She then continued to walk down the streets that seemed a lot more welcoming in the daytime. She went to the park that her and her friends spent many hours in. 'At least it should still be the same.' she thought as she took a shortcut she always used. When Theresa came out of an alley way her spirit was shattered and then crushed. She stared open mouthed at where the beautiful park used to be. It was now a giant hole in the gorund.

" Excuse me sir. Could you help me something?" Theresa asked a passing man.

" What is it?" he asked.

" Do you know what happened to the park that used to be overthere?" Theresa asked, pointing to the hole in the ground.

" Park? There hasn't been a park there for nine years." the man replied.

" But it was there yesturday..." Theresa muttered, trailing off.

" Yesturday? You're not from around here are you?" the man asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

" Yes. No. Sort of." Theresa replied as she tried to put the pieces together in her head.

The man didn't reply. He just looked at the hole. His face was solemn.

" What's the date?" Theresa asked as the pieces where starting to fit together.

" Date? I believe it is March 27, 2016." the man replied.

" Th- thank you sir." Theresa said as the man walked away.

Theresa looked around, blank expression on her face. She was ten years in the future? She couldn't quite wrap her mind around it. It was so crazy and unbelievable. But then again what in her life wasn't crazy or unbelievable. She was chosen to save the world from a demonic god.

Theresa decided to keep walking. But before she did she pinched herself. Nope. It was definetly NOT a dream. She passed a few familiar buildings and houses but altogether everything was pretty different.

" At least things can't get worse." she muttered to herself as she walked.

She walked downtown and in the middle of the city was a huge, golden statue... of Cronus. Theresa stumbled back.

" No way!" she gasped. ' I just HAD to say it didn't I.' she thought.

Theresa couldn't take it. This couldn't be real. She turned and ran. She didn't know where and she didn't really care. She just wanted to get away from this place.

As she neared the city's edge a thought popped into her mind. ' If he's in charge of New Olympia then... what about the rest of the world?' Tears formed again and she ran once more. She ran until her lungs begged her to stop. She ran until her body could not take her any further. Theresa collapsed by a river and cried. She layed on the ground and burried her face into her arms. It was all too much for her. Everything was just too much.

Theresa stayed there by the river for hours. When she fianlly raised her head, the sun was starting to set. Theresa pulled herself up and sat under a tree that was near the shallow river. She leaned against the rough bark and sat their. Her tear-streaked cheeks glistened in the moonlight.

" How did all of this happen?" she asked out loud, knowing that no one could hear her.

" Why is this happening?" she cried out again, this time louder.

" Why is everything so wrong?!" she yelled as more of a statement than a question.

Then she burst into tears once again. Her world was falling apart and no one was there to help her put it back together. Then all of a sudden her vision was flung into a world of blue. She was having a vision. Theresa saw Jay. At least she thought it was Jay. And he was fighting someone. Cronus. Jay was losing. And there was someone on the ground, bleeding and hurt. It looked like her. Then Theresa's vision came to an end and she was brought back to reality.

Her tears stopped and she stood up. She had to find Jay and the others. She knew now that she wasn't alone. She knew that somewhere out there were her friends. And she was going to find them. She was going to fix this. Theresa started to walk back to the brownstone.

" Theresa be some way I can find them." she said to herself as she started to run.

There was NO WAY she was going to accept THIS future. 'There has to be a way to fix all of this. There just has to be.' she thought as she entered the town where her home once was. With her new task in mind nothin was going to stand in her way.
~*~

Will Theresa find the others? Or has Cronus done something to them in this future? Will her vision come true? Can she fix this and make the future one where Cronus is locked up and the world is safe from his wrath? Read on to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: There you have it! Chapter 5. Sorry it was a little shorter. I hope you liked it just the same. I will try to put the beginning of the sequel for Illusion Island up this weekend but I make no promises. I'm at a kind of writers block for ideas, but I do have some. Please R+R. Constructive critism is also welcome.^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story