Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophesy

Persistance

by story_master 2 reviews

The heroes refuse to stop looking for Theresa. And Jay does something crazy. What will happen?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-10-04 - Updated: 2006-10-04 - 1783 words

1Exciting
Tory: Hi! I had like practically no homework so I decided I should update. So here's chapter 4. Hope you like it!
Ferrets: Tory does not own CotT. She does however own us and her stories.
Tory: On with the story!...


'The six remaining teens had awoken early the next morning. Jay had gotten up, changed and headed out the door. He hardly heard the calls after him. He only had one thing on his mind, find Theresa. He started looking near the park where she had disappeared. As he walked the crisp morning air felt cold against his skin. Even the sun, which was usually warm, sent shivers up and down his spine.

As Jay neared the park he got a really bad feeling. Like he knew something bad was going to happen. He entered the park and everything looed so... dead. Jay shivered once more. He walked towards the trees and back to the spot where Theresa was 'captured' by Cronus. He walked past the spot where he had found Theresa necklace and went further in to the forest.

" Brrr." Jay was freezing now, which was weird considering it was summer.

As Jay neared a river he saw a figure laying on the ground. With each step he took closer the person became more and more familiar. Jay stopped a few feet from the figure and his mouth dropped open. He stood there, shocked, for a few more seconds before rushing to the figure.

" Theresa!" he cried with joy.

She looked as if she were sleeping. Jay gently shook her awake, her skin felt wram against his cold hands. She moaned and slowly opened her eyes. When they focused on Jay they opened wide. She flung her arms around him and held on tight, as if she would die if she let go of him. Jay hugged her back.

" I'm so glad that you're okay!" he said as he pulled out the hug and looked at her.

He stood up then helped her up. Theresa shivered.

" We should get back. The others will be so excited that you're okay. We've all been so worried. Where were you?" he asked her as they began the walk back to the park entrance.

" I'm not sure. It was all so different yet it seemed as if I had been there before. I'm just glad to be back." Theresa replied as she held onto Jay's arm.

" I'm glad you're back too." he said as they came out of the trees which now seemed to be full of life.

The chill that had once covered Jay's body had vanished, just like that. As they neared the parks entrance the two heard an unbearable noise. It was so loud that they had to cover their ears. Theresa looked at Jay with eyes that clearly showed fear. Next the ground started to shake. The noise got louder and louder. Then it all of a sudden stopped. Jay and Theresa slowly put their arms down and looked at each other. They were lost in each others eyes for a moment.

Then the ground started to split. The noise had come back, louder than before. Theresa was being pulled away from Jay.

" Give me your hand!" he yelled to her over the sound fo the earth cracking.

Theresa reached her hand out and grabbed onto Jay's.

" Jump! I'll catch you!" he yelled to her as the space between them grew bigger every second.

Theresa hesitated for a moment, then jumped. She landed on the edge of the crack. She was held protectively in Jay's arms. She looked up at him and gave a small smile. He returned the gesture. Then her smile faded to a look of surprise and horror. SHe was slipping!

" JAY!" she cried out as she felt herself being torn away from him.

" Theresa!" he cried back as he frantically tried to grasp her hands.

" Help!" she cried again.

" Theresa!" Jay cried once more.

" Noooooooooooooo!" her scream trailed off as Jay made one last attempt to save her.

Too late. Theresa had disappeared into the giant split in the earth. Jay stood there with his hands outstretched, a look of horror and shock on his face and the sound of her scream echoing in his ears.'

Jay sat straight up. He was covered with a cold sweat and breathing heavily. He looked around and saw that he was still in his room. He fell back onto his matress and sighed. ' It was all a dream. And still I couldn't save her.' Jay thought as he turned his head to check the time. The neon numbers o his alarm clock read 5:48 a.m. Jay knew he would never get back to sleep so he decided to get up. It only took him twenty minutes to get ready. And he was sure to be as quiet as possible.

Jay snuck out the front door and started to walk. He decided to go to the school and see if they had found anything. His head hung low as he walked. Much like in his dream the air felt cold against his skin.

It was only a short walk to the school. Jay was there in about fifteen minutes. The whole way his head was full of thoughts of Theresa.

As he entered the school he was met by the warmth of the building. He made his way quickly to the janitors closet where he immediatly pulled out his medallion and placed it into the slot. It spun and the door opened. Jay walked in a pulled on the light that hung from the ceiling. The door slammed shut and the portal to the gods and goddesses secret hideout revealed itself. Jay ran to Hermes' office.

As Jay opened the creaky door a hand grabbed his shoulder. This made Jay jump with fear. He felt as if he was a kid who had just been caught stealing a cookie out the cookie jar.

" Your up kind of early Jay." the voice said.

Jay recognized the voice to be Hermes voice. Jay sighed before turning to face the messenger of the gods.

" I was just coming to see if you had found anything about Theresa." Jay explained.

Hermes expression turned solemn. His head turned away.

" I'm sorry Jay. We haven't found anything yet. We've looked everywhere twice." Hermes' normally high pitched and quick voice was slow and sad.

Jay's spirits dropped to the floor.

" Oh." was all he could say.

" I was just going to look again if you'd like to help." Hermes said trying to cheer up the hero.

" No. I think... I'll just go for a walk." Jay replied as he turned and walked away.

Hermes went over to his desk and started his search all over again.

Jay exited the school only to be greeted, once more, by the cold. But this time he barely noticed. He walked through the streets of New Olympia until he looked up and saw a sight that made his blood boil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The had awoken early too. Only instead of going outside, like Jay, they decided to sit in the warmth of their dorm. Atlanta, curled up, beside Archie. Odie was doing everything he could to find anything that could help them find Theresa. Neil and Herry were in kitchen. It was very quiet in the brownstone as the heroes were all too upset to do anything, except Odie who was searching for their lost friend. Then a shout shattered the peaceful veil that had covered the teens.

" Ugh! I give up!" Odie shouted as he slammed the top of his laptop down.

" What?" Herry asked, looking in from the kitchen.

" I can find absolutely nothing that can help us find Theresa!" Odie replied with anger and disappointment.

" Maybe Hermes has found something." Archie suggested, trying to cheer everyone up.

" I guess we could go check." Atlanta said, those had been her first words since she yelled at Archie.

" Okay." everyone else agreed.

The five teens climbed into Herry's truck and once more travelled to the school. They entered the gods and goddesses secret hideout minutes later. It was only about six thirty so not too many of the gods or goddesses were awake yet. But they did here the unmistakable sound of Hermes typing on his computer. They entered the room to see maps and papers scattered everywhere.

" Hi Hermes." Odie said.

" Hello. What brings you kids to the school on a sunday?" he asked.

" We were wondering if you had found anything about Theresa." Neil answered.

" I'm afraid not. But we're still looking." Hermes replied.

The heroes decided to stay there and do all they could to help Hermes find Theresa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay's mood went from sad to furious in seconds. He looked towards the bridge that crossed a small river and saw Cronus. He was standing there, almost taunting Jay. Although Cronus did not seem to know that Jay was there. Jay walked briskly and quietly up behind Cronus, spun him around and grabbed him by the collar.

" Where's Theresa?!" Jay demanded.

Cronus just laughed in his face, causing Jay's rage to spin out of control. Jay pulled back a fist and punched Cronus. Over and over. He didn't leave enough time between each hit for Cronus to block the next. Jay's mind was clouded and he couldn't think clearly. He only knew what his heart wanted and that was revenge. Revenge for making him lose Theresa. Revenge for the fact that he may never see her again. Then Jay stopped. He just stood there, a blank look on his face.

" She's really gone and she's not coming back." Jay muttered to himself.

Cronus took this opprotunity to escape. It's not that he couldn't win. But he wanted to see Jay suffer more before he did away with him. So he summoned a portal and left. Jay snapped back to reality and saw Cronus trying to make a run for. So, he did what any person in love would do, and went after the person who had caused him so much pain. Jay dove into the protal just before it closed. And now their team had lost two of it's members. Two who might not return... ever.
~*~

What will happen to Jay? What will the team do now? What's Cronus' plan for the others? To find out read on.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked it! I would've update yesturday but I was kicked off the computer by my brother. So I may add another chapter tonight. But I still have some homework so it may not be on till tomorrow. Well goodbye for now. Please Rate and Review. Constructive critism is defiently welcome.^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story