Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > I'd Dodge A Bullet For You

Enjoy The Silence

by jessicajessica 2 reviews

Pete introduces Sydney to Ryan. When she finds out more about Ryan she becomes weary of him. Will he break the silence?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-10-09 - Updated: 2006-10-09 - 1345 words

0Unrated
No, please... NO! My mind was screaming its refusals yet nothing I thought, or attempted to do stopped me from opening the door.
It was Him, and right now I wanted him to be gone and out of my sight. Opening the door his hand instinctively went to my hair and brushed it out of my eyes, a few strands fell back into place across them. I didn't want him. His gaze didn't soften. I couldn't help myself. His eyes, those dark brown eyes were so smooth and now they looked longingly at my lips. His hand grabbed my wrist in a nonchalant motion. Blistering heat made my pulse quicken due to an arousal stimulus at his touch. I didn't know that soft smile could turn into a wicked one. He knew what he did to me. His head bent down and my lids grew heavy falling down.

"Ryan." I muttered his name and waited for that feeling of comfort and passion.


Slapping my hand in an attempt to hit a blaring cell phone, I gracefully hit a wooden dresser. What a perfect way to start the morning. The curse reached my lips and my hand raised to lightly brush over them remembering my dream. God, this guy had no idea who I was, I was like one of those teeny boppers. Whatever, I threw my hair into a ponytail.
From outside the bedroom door a conversation was quietly filling the air. Walking into the hotel's living room I took it in. It was well furnished the furniture worn in but the red velvet seats added a almost theatrical view to the room. I smirked. Looking at the occupants I saw Ashley and her new boyfriend Pete I made a pouting face. He was so old. Smiling, or at least attempting to I tried to make myself seem like an approachable person instead of the one with the huge temper. Trying to be something I'm not for at least two seconds. I sat down next to Ashley and leaned on her wrapping my hands around her waist, a completely awkward position.

"I'm hungry..." Pete got up out of his seat and grabbed on to the other side.
"Me too..." We were both making faces and she laughed.

His sidekick rang and as he pulled it out I saw the glare of envy Ash was currently giving him and his phone. Laughing, I got up off the couch and put on some clothes and a touch of make up. The list: wife beater, check, skinny jeans, check, cell phone, check okay, that was a short list I made a mental note to make it longer next time. Running a brush through my natural wavy hair I made the eyeliner flare out a little more. Walking once again out of the room they both were smiling in that, we-have-an-idea-and-you-have-no-choice-but-to-follow-along-with-it, smile on their faces they called me over.

"My friend Ryan wants to meet you." Pete said it, and I rolled my eyes sighing.
"Your friend Claudio said that too." I put it matter of factly and he smirked. Ashley laughed. I sent an angry glare to her and him as they both remembered that one. I had ran away screaming when I thought something crawled out of his hair. He was nice otherwise.
"Come on Syd, this one's cute." Pete's face dropped at Ash's comment I smiled and walked forward a bit.
"Hurry up guys I want to meet him," I smiled "This could be Ash's new man." Pete frowned and I was compelled to slap him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I ALWAYS drove, I don't care what's going on or who's coming with I AM the driver. Ashley had called shotgun and now Pete and I stood there arguing.

"I ALWAYS drive" I pointed it out making my thoughts known. God I didn't have time for this.
"Ryan isn't going to like your stubbornness" He tried and I laughed.
"I don't even know him!" I hissed the words out and Ashley prepared for a fight.
"You're a girl! Girls can't drive!"

My cupped hand made contact with his face. Smiling, I put on my aviators and slid into the driver's seat. He admitted his defeat and crawled into the back of the car attempting to get Ash back there the whole time.

"Pete! I will NOT go to the backseat with you." Great Ash just had to add a sexual reference.
"Awe but honey you've already been there." She shrieked as he gave a casual wink in her direction.
"Peter Kingston Lewis Wentz the Third." She muttered in a deadly tone under her breath.
"That's what you said" She stared at him with disbelief at his stupidity.

My mind was tuning them out. She was so young. Nine years younger than him. I skewed my mouth to the side. What did she see in a guy who had naked pictures on the internet? Not to mention he needed a shave. My eyebrows drew towards each other.

"What's wrong," Ashley touched her hand to my shoulder.
"Nothing." I jerked away the car following me. Resenting my action I looked back at her.
"There's something wrong," She retorted.
"Yeah, you know what it is though."

I looked at the backseat and Pete was attempting to design clothes. A large line stretching across the paper from my recent swerving maneuver. He muttered something about girl's driving. Looking then to my best friend as she pulled her knees up to her chin. I let out a deep sigh but it was inaudible to both of them.

"Sorry I guess I need to get over it." I mumbled at it but my eyes were sincere.
"It's okay," she smiled and I attempted to return it but my lips felt heavy with anguish. Pete sat in the back, confused, as always.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Pulling into the parking spot I got out and pocked the keys. I frowned as the lover's hands met. Plastering a smile on I actually felt my mood lighten. Looking back one more time as I walked through the open door I met contact with a firm body.
My hands raised in self defense and landed on the person's chest. Staring up I was now looking into those same deep brown eyes from my dream. I was sort of shocked but rolled it off unimpressed at his famous position. Realizing my hands still rested on his chest I brought them down and muttered a sorry under my breath. I blushed lightly and let myself be occupied by the stained cement. I twisted my mouth. Luckily, Pete broke the awkward silence by screaming and jumping into Ryan's arms for a second I thought they'd make out.

"Told you he was cute." Ash walked beside me.

I just smiled but felt like a complete idiot as we walked through the door. Ordering hash browns as always Ryan looked over to me and I felt under direct scrutiny. Once my mouth was full I stared a conversation seeing our friends were too interested in each others mouth and tongue then any words.

"You're in a band?" I looked up towards him as he smiled
"Yeah, they're kind of a big deal... Panic! At The Disco" I smiled my musical mind processing it.
"By any chance did it come from a song by The Smiths?" He looked at me stunned and threw his arms around me.
"Wow, I think I love you." I let out a small I wish. He let go
"Ha, I knew you'd come around" I grinned and he let out a small laugh.

The other two were now watching us and Pete spoke up.

"It's a good thing Ryan was obsessed with your myspace." I looked at Pete and I felt all of a sudden like I was the victim. I looked over at Ryan, his cheeks had turned a pale rosey red I smiled but was wary of him. The breakfast ended and I let him have my number. Getting up and walking out I slowly turned everything over. He knew who I was...?
Sign up to rate and review this story