Categories > Original > Fantasy > Night Slayer

Night Slayer

by Adaku-chan 13 reviews

In the Underland, Kai has never heard of the word 'demon', until she encounters one. Soon, she is revealed to her world's secret, and a certain vampire awakens her remembrance from a katana. Now, h...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-10-14 - Updated: 2006-10-14 - 1300 words

4Exciting
A/N: I hope you will like it. This is my first story here.
Rating: T
Genre: Supernatural, Action, and Suspense
By: Adaku-chan

Night Slayer -...-

Preface*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ '*

-:¦:-

The moon's light,

It gleams at the darkest night.

It shines,

In the brightest line,

At the mysterious mine.

...

-:¦:-


The snow rained on the solemn silence in the unknown gothic village, where the people were gathering in a circle. The tall trees surrounded the tribe with their mysterious wooden eyes. The citizens watched the blood stained girl, aside of the blade. This so-called blade was belief of witchcraft, the black magic of the devil. It was told to have to power to controls one's life.

"Alright, move aside." The chief had broken through the crowded circle, toward the girl. Behind, him is his mature assistant. She was only twelve, yet her age fooled everyone from her personality. She stared at the bloodied katana beside the girl.

The girl held out the dagger, while her the hand bled to death. The dagger was covered with her flesh blood; she stared at what the two, waiting for what they would do next. She flinched, when the chief took one more step.

"The people report that this girl is a witch. She lifted the scared blade." Chidera addressed to the chief. The young girl's eyes were as pale green, like the dark green on the verdant ground.

The light highlights from her hair made her black hair looked more approved to her appearance. They clearly heard the girl's heartbeat fasten, as she huffed, as if she were out of breath.

"Kill her."

"Ah." The young girl stood up from the response, grabbing the katana from them, as she observed many people picking up huge rocks from behind the chief and his assistant. Afterward, thousands of stone thrown in the air targeted the girl, as she dashed to escape. Yet, the stones caught to her faster.

Still bleeding from the wounds, she had encountered with the stones before. She headed for a lake nearby, until a bullet was perceived.

"Killing witches, eh?" Up on the rooftop of the Catholic Church, a vampire stood there. He smiled evilly, as his teeth held a cross in his mouth. He was unknown, yet was famous in the village.

Nobody knew his name, his vampire relatives, or even what side he was. The problem was that he wasn't an ordinary vampire, for he could touch a holy object.

The bloody girl fainted, as the villagers ran away from the vampire's glare, and headed back to their township. There were traces of drops of blood from the unconscious girl and the sword. The snow partly covered her body, as it floated down the earth.

She stilled seemed to be breathing. He had picked up the blade first, after wiping it over the frozen snow on the ground. The blood smeared on it. He attached the blade on his back, using the bandages from his leg.

"Who's side will you be in the future?" Soon, he had picked her up, carrying behind his back, with his hands holding her legs around his waist.

;;;

She was young, lying on the white covered ground, unconscious. A helpless child lost in the world. She did not have anywhere to go. The young vampire rescued her from famine. He took her in from the cold night of the winter.

The flakes of snow melted on his dark hair, as he carried the child. Unaware of the fact that the vampire, a creature from the undead, was holding something that also reeked of death.

The child was undeniably a weapon of death, something even powerful than him. However the child was weak from, blood and bruises appeared everywhere on here body as he observed. He could have drunk her blood, make her into his slave.

But the child was something out of the ordinary. She was a witch, uncertainly. Her black hair gleamed of bright highlights; her dark skin same as the forever earth.

The vampire walked on the chilled weather, as he covered the child with his dark overcoat. The vampire could sense her heartbeat, so she was not dead, at least not yet. The faint, but steady heartbeat continued on as the child remained unconscious. He walked on to the town square. The gothic settings of Dark Stone was ancient, however attractive a scenery to live in.

He walked on, until he reached the forlorn alleys that stench of the deceased. He halted in front of a medieval door. It was ancient, probably older than the buildings. The vampire took out a rose from the sleeve and placed in the child's dark hair. Before he knocked on the door, he licked her neck, in a sign that he would meet her again.

The girl was given the vampire's overcoat, as he seemed not too affected by the weather, and she needed it more. He tilted his top hat to cover part of his face, as he began to knock on the door. He paused when he sensed someone behind him.

"So, that's it. No slavery, no pleasure? You're just saving her? Why is she so special" A lonely vampire whispered from the alleys.

She came out from the darkness of the alley's shade. She wore a dress in Victorian fashion, which was a symbol of the style for the vampires in the Underland. She glanced at the shivering, comatose child that smelled of death. The vampires brushed off the cold liquid from her old coat, as well as imagery dust.

"This child is different, that is all, Luna." The vampire stood up, after wrapping the girl up.

Luna caught his dull gaze, as she mused heavily. The point when a vampire saves a human was if it was going to be his/her slave, or bait. This confused her since this child had no connection to the unknown vampire. Also she did not even know the vampire's name right now, she could ask him. But she didn't, the fact calling him 'vampire' was fair enough.

"How so?" The female vampiress walked closer to the unaware child.

She breathed easily, her face calm in the cold night, with partly stained redness. A bright lantern that was above them, which was supposed to be united with the antique door. Luna's cerulean eyes gazed on, trying to figure out why this child was so important as the vampire answered.

"I'll give you a hint: magic."

Luna's stare scattered as she slowly looked at him. The words that had came of the vampire, shocked the young vampire. She muttered out words that made no sense, until she caught his gaze. She stared, as she nervously looking at her.

"You mean..."

"No, she's alone."

Only silence came from her, as she stood there putting her hand down. Yet, she had a very certain chance that the Dark Stone would kill the child into the Gate of Death. She was outside the wall, so technically she's an enemy of them.

"But, wouldn't the people kill her? What's the point of this?"

"They can't kill her. She is protected by something powerful," Luna blinked her eyes all of the sudden. She can't possible be anymore powerful than a simple mortal, she's just a young girl. The wind howled as snow brushed away a little.

"And what's that," the vampire took out the scared blade attached from his back.

He held it up to let the vampire see it clearly. The katana's shape as regular one, but the weapon had a jeweled rose at the lower part of the sliver hilt. The weapon was filled with magic that was less ancient than the land. A peak of sliver visible energy surged around the whole blade like specks of lightning.

"It's called the Blade of Life."

...
Sign up to rate and review this story