Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Serenade me with a coffee burn...

Chapter 001 - Wear it like a bruise or blackeye

by imogen993 4 reviews

Scarred for life. Maybe she will get a silver lining?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-16 - Updated: 2006-10-16 - 1332 words

1Original
[Chapter One] -
- - - --> {{ WEAR iT LiKE A BRUiSE OR BLACKEYE


As I sat, picking through my clothes for tonight's gig, I found my phone, which had a new text on the screen. Flipping the front, I observed the screen, and sighed.

Izzie, I'm so sorry.
You know how much I wanted to go tonight.
My nose is so blocked up, my sneezes would probably retort and make me burp.
I'm so sorry.
Love you loads, and don't forget to get Pete's autograph for me.
- Mwah,
- Elisha.

Eughh. Typical. Not that Elisha did it that often, but now I wold have to go on my own. The Fall Out Boy gig was in less than three hours, and I wasn't even dressed. Some fun day this is turning out to be.
I knew Elisha was really sick though, because she wouldn't miss this for the world. It's not often Fall Out Boy tours England, and it's her first concert. Plus the fact she is completely in love with Pete. I keep trying to get it through her thick skull that she is fifteen and he isn't a pervert, but I always get a reply of 'I can dream though...' and then she goes off into some kind of Pete dreamland.

Anyhow, I text her back, and tell her it's ok. I would just have to go on my own, and hope not to break my neck. My dad would probably give me a ride, seeing as my mum was at work. After slipping into some black skinny jeans and a Plain white tank top, with my precious grey Clandestine hoody over the top, one that I got after a visit to America in the summer. Convinced I looked at least slightly presentable, I went to persuade my Dad to take me to the concert.
After much begging on my part, he finally agreed, and sped me to the venue.

After arriving at the hall, I thanked my Dad, and waved goodbye. Having a 5th row ticket was a godsend, meaning I could pretty much head straight to the front. I was near the stage, but not on the front row, meaning I wasn't in the middle of the mosh pit. After standing and waiting for people to fill the arena, it had been almost an hour since I arrived. Knowing the show must be about to start soon, I checked my watch, and focused on the stage.
The drum set and amps were already dotted around the platform, and a few spare guitars were placed against the amps. As the lights dimmed, screams started to echo around the packed hall. The opening act came onto the stage, and screams died down as they took up their imstruments. As the singer's voice came through the speakers before the bass kicked in, the whole room was quiet. Once the drums and guitar accompanied, the mass of people were screaming again. Considering that this was only the opening act, and Fall Out Boy were still to come, I wondered what the atmosphere would be like when they entered.

As the second opening band exited the stage, the whole room was filled with exited whispers and gleeful shrieks from random people. Everyone knew who was coming next.

The lights faded, and suddenly, the whole stage was pitch black. Curious whispers were shared around the hall, until a voice echoed into the speakers. Immidiately, everyone knew they were starting with 'XO'.

I comb the crowd and pick you out
My mouth moves too fast for you to figure it out
It starts eyes closed to fingers crossed
To I swear, I say
To I swear, I say...

The lights suddenly filled the stage once more, and the four members of Fall Out Boy were revealed. The bass, the Guitars and the Drums all kicked in, and soon the room was filled with Fall Out Boy. Patrick was standing in the middle with a huge grin on his face, whilst trying to sing at the same time. Pete and Joe were twirling around the stage as usual, making each note they played a bigger deal than it should have been. Andy was at the back, pounding the living hell out of the drums. This, this is what I came to see.

"Ticket number 21281!"
The numbers of tickets that were going to go and see Fall Out Boy backstage were being read out one by one.
"Ticket number 11565!"
Twenty people, all lucky enough to go and meet them.
"Ticket number 22100!"
If Elisha was here, that would be another chance at getting in... Damn her...
"Ticket number 16612!"
Next time she wants me to go somewhere with her - Wait, What?
One, Six, Six, One, Two?
I looked back down at my ticket.
One, Six, Six, One, Two...
Oh freaking hell.

As I walked into the lightly painted corridor, followed closely by the most annoying twins ever, I was stopped by a security guard that checked my ticket. He paused over it, and then nodded, letting me through. I could still hear the giggle of the twins, and then the moans as they got refused entry. Serves them right... I thought.
Approaching another door, I turned into a small room, with 10, maybe 12 people in it. 4 Of those people were rushing around trying to get to everyone. Before I had chance to pick which one to go to, I was approached by a flustered looking Pete.

"Hi hi!" He giggled. He was very sweaty, and his face was approaching a purple colour.

"Um, Hi..." I replied. Ok, I was nervous. Who wouldn't be?
"So, erm, anything want signing? Or? Erm..." I suddenly realised what he was saying.
"Oh yes, erm, could I have a photo?" He nodded, and put his arm around me, while his other clicked the small button on the top.
As we waited for the photo to turn from black to colours, he asked me a few questions.
"So what's your name, Where you from, and how old are you?" He asked while looking over my shoulder. Okay, I said he asked a few questions. I didn't mention he said them all in one breath.
"Um, My name is Izzie, i'm from London, and I'm 15."
"Cool, Cool..." He said, while leaning against a wall to sign my picture. He handed it to me, and gave me a warm smile.
"I better be off, Patrick's gone to get me a coffee... Thanks for coming!"
"No problem. Oh! Before I forget, could you sign another peice of paper for me? For my friend? She's like in love with you, but she's ill and couldn't make it tonight."
"Of course!" He replied, and signed a peice of notebook paper.
"Thank you..." I thanked him, and as I turned round, I was met with very, very, very, hot coffee, all down my front.
I screamed, as the liquid, i'm guessing, was giving me 3rd degree burns.
"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I looked up to be met face to face with Patrick Stump.

"It's, Erm..." I would say It was fine, but considering I needed the hospital quickly, that was a lie.

"Izzie? Jesus... Are you ok? PATRICK YOU FUCKING KLUTZ!" Pete was yelling back at Patrick, who had an expression on his face like a deer in headlights.

"Here, let me look..." Pete raised my tank top high enough to see the burn that was grazing my stomach. Like I suspected, I needed the hospital or something.

I couldn't really say anything, as I was biting my lip to stop from screaming. I managed to calm Patrick down though.
"Patrick don't worry, It's not your - OW! PETE! DON'T TOUCH IT!" Pete gave me an 'I'm sorry' Look, and went to tell one of the security guards to call me an ambulance. By this time, Andy and Joe had come into the scene, and both were giving Patrick 'You stupid idiot' Looks.

Bright side?
Well, at least I had a lot to tell Elisha tonight.
Sign up to rate and review this story