Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Spartan Anger

Bittersweet Failure

by Iyov 2 reviews

Help Came. The titans collect themselves over the horrific events that transpired. Lemon. J/T

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-10-20 - Updated: 2006-10-21 - 3557 words

0Unrated
Help came
A/N: Well here's Chapter 4 in all its glory. It took a lot longer than I anticipated since I was working on other school literary projects, but I'm rather proud of it, especially the last portion. I, without a doubt in my mind, dedicate this chapter to my muse and personal goddess, jennieman. She inspired much of the last portion of this chapter. I hope you like it, and please, give reviews.

Bittersweet Failure

Help came.



Quickly cresting the horizon, the teens could make out the collective silhouettes of Gryphon's, lead by the Hermes, messenger of the Gods. The majestic birds landed just a short distance away from the injured tees. Quickly dismounting, Hermes rushed over to Jay and Theresa, who were cradling now cradling Herry and Archie. Archie struggled to remain conscious as his chest weighed heavily down on him. Each breath was labored as he looked over to the shocked god.

"What on in the name of Zeus happened here!?" Hermes bellowed as he stepped closer, and then shot a glance upwards to the mountain of rock.

"Cronus happened. He summoned something from Tartarus. We have to get Herry and Archie to a hospital!" Jay explained, nearing into hysterics. Never before had they suffered so great of injuries in battle.

Hermes took a glancing look down to assess it all. "No, we can't move them. They're too far gone."

"Then what do we do!? We can't just let them die!"

"Could you tell that boy to calm down? He's not helping the situation."

The party turned back towards the flock of Gryphon's to see a stout man emerge out from under the shadow of a wing. Jay was transfixed on the man, nearly dropping Archie. Walking towards them barefoot, the man wore a traditional Greek robe, wrapped around one shoulder. Thick curly brown hair draped over his shoulders, bouncing as he edged ever closer to the wounded. In one hand the man held a medical kit. In the other, however, was what made Jay gasp; in it he held a gnarled staff, and around it was coiled a snake. Its head bounced upwards whenever the staff hit the ground, its tongue flickered out towards Jay. Hermes smiled at the sight of the man walking forwards.

"Jay, Theresa- this is Asclepius, the God of Medicine."

Stooping down, Asclepius ran his fingers over Herry's arm, pressing softly at the area where bone pierced. Through his unconsciousness, Herry winced and stirred at the pain. Theresa, whom was holding the teen up, could not help but gag as she looked down at the injuries and was more alarmed as he began to feel cold. Asclepius face hardened.

"He's going into Hypovolemic shock. You, girl, hold him steady. I can't do anything until I realign these fractures."

Theresa nodded, not really sure what to do. The god took hold of the arm closest to him and gave it a hard push, shifting the bone back into its proper place. Theresa choked back vomit as blood continued to pour out. With expert proficiency, the god quickly cleaned the area and bandaged the arm before setting to work on the other. After the rather gruesome task was completed, Asclepius opened his medical kit and produced a small vile with green liquid in it. Producing a syringe, the god drew a small portion of it.

"He's lost too much blood to make it anywhere where he can be cared for. This injection of Gorgon blood will keep him alive until we can get him proper care. Hermes, take this one back to the haven as fast as you can, Dionysus will be able to take care of him further. I have to check upon the rest of the titans before you can move them."

Hermes nodded and set to his task.

Theresa looked at the medical god peculiarly. "Gorgon blood?"

Nodding, Asclepius explained as he looked over Herry for other injuries. "Gorgon blood has the unique ability to stave off death in small doses. Too much would kill him instantly, so its used sparingly... it looks like these were the most detrimental, time to move to the next one."

Arising, Asclepius moved on to Archie, leaving Theresa swimming in wonder and awe.

Time passed slowly as the teens awaited outside of Dionysus's office. Archie was still in critical condition when the rest returned. Aside from Herry, he was the most gravely injured; his ribs were shattered and one of his lungs pierced, along with his good leg in traction.

Herry was now stable, having being given a proper transfusion of blood and his arms now in proper casts. Atlanta had suffered a broken arm and a concussion, but was well enough to fight with the medical gods and be released. Odie had suffered a concussion and required bed rest with a shot of Gravol to stop his stomach from bothering him. Neil, having once again been blessed with amazing luck, only received a bump on the head.

Jay and Theresa sat together on a bench, both horribly worried. Atlanta, having given up sitting, paced back and forth across the hall. The hall was silent aside from the incessant whining of Neil, whom didn't tear his eyes away from his mirror as he lightly touched the bruise.

"Do you think it's permanent?"

"Neil! It's a damn bruise! It goes away! If you're so damn concerned with it use some damn makeup to cover it!" Atlanta snapped at the Narcissian descendant before returning to her pacing, flushed with anger and worry, her eyes cloudy as she held back tears.

Jay was about to speak when the door opened and Dionysus came out, dressed in surgical garb. He was smiling weakly, which brought some comfort and levied the tension in the room. "Archie will be fine. We were able to patch him up, but he won't be conscious for some time."

"Can we see him?" Atlanta blurted out as tears of joy rolled down her face, ever relieved that one of her best friends was safe.

"Unfortunately that wouldn't be a good idea for now, he's still needs to be under our watchful eye."

Atlanta immediately hunched back, depressed. Dionysus gingerly patted the girl on her head, reassuring her. "I'll come and get you myself when he's ready for visitors, okay? You just get some rest."

The young red head smiled in thanks to the god as tears of relief continued to roll down her cheek.

Cutting the tender moment short, Ares burst through the far doors at the opposite end of the hallway, sending the door into the wall, shaking from the force as it closed again.

"What in the name of Zeus happened!? Dionysus! How is my apprentice!? You better give me some good news or I'll-"

"Ares, that is quite enough."

From the doorway Hera appeared, holding the door open as one of its hinges came loose.

"Can't you see that the children have been through enough traumas for one day? Don't elate them more than they already are. But how is Archie?"

Asclepius now entered the room to join the already buzzing room. Dionysus, taking charge, spoke first.

"Archie will be fine with some time; whatever happened hit him and Herry pretty hard."

Hera sighed relieved before turning back to serious matters.

"Children, may I see the rest of you in my office? I want to know exactly what happened."

So once again the teens relived the gruesome scenes of how they and their friends were left in such horrible condition. Hera, Chiron and Ares all stood in disbelief as they told them how Cronus summoned a being from the depths of Tartarus and how he disposed of them one by one before Theresa intervened with her powers. Ares scoffed at the idea of her using magic, until she mentioned her invasion into the Spartans mind and told how she saw Ares stood towering above a city in flames, to which Ares became uncharacteristically silent. Having asked only what happened, Hera dismissed them all to their home to rest and wait. Jay was the last to leave, shutting the door slow enough to see the three gods begin a heated discussion with the mention of Hades in Ares' shouting.

Having returned home, the house was hauntingly silent as four of the seven teens sat in the living room. Neil sat at the far end of the couch, now fussing over the application of his cover up and how it didn't perfectly match his complexion. Giving up, Neil quickly stormed up the stairs to his room to where he could 'touch up properly'. The comment only sent mild, forced chuckles through the other three, all too absorbed in how worried they were. Finally, Atlanta stood up, frustrated.

"I can't take this! Who was that!? I'm going to go see if Odie is awake enough to find out who he was."

Turning, she left Jay and Theresa alone in the living room. The two simply sat there for what seemed like an eon. Though both were in the room, they both felt incredibly alone. Jay could only think of how he failed as a leader, how he let his friends get so injured and be torn apart so easily. If only he had prepared himself better, if only he didn't slack off. Cronus was getting easy, too easy for them, and this is how he comes back. He continued to mentally tear himself down before he felt a soft tap on his shoulder. Turning, he saw Theresa weakly smile.

"Let's go hang out in my room; its too tense sitting here and doing nothing"

Jay felt a twinge from inside of him cheering with joy at the offer, but the weight of the situation still pressed down on him. Still, he was no fool and didn't want to be alone. Nodding, the two rose and headed up the stairs.

Entering the room, Theresa went to her bed and sat at the edge of it. Meanwhile Jay, having the pleasure of being in her room a handful of times, walked around exploring it. The boy's opened mouth expression made Theresa smile, thinking how it's nothing special but it entranced him all the same. Deciding not to interrupt Jay, Theresa searched around her bed and found her laptop tucked away at the foot of her bed. Opening it, she flipped through her music library and hit play on some random tune. The melody of the music caught Jay's ear right away, taking him away from his exploration. Coming to the bed, Jay seated himself beside the red head. He unconsciously placed his hand on her knee as he looked over her to see the machine.

"I didn't know you had a laptop"

The redhead nodded, noting Jays hand placement. "Daddy decided that I needed one. I don't know tons about using it, so I just use it for music right now."

Theresa mindlessly scrolled through her music, just showing the expanse of her library. Jays eyes scanned the list as it zipped by, trying to read them as fast as they came up. His eyes flashed as he saw something, and grasped Theresa's hand to stop her. She looked down at him, wondering what was going on.

With a devilish smile, Jay quickly fingered the touch pad and brought up what he was looking for. Hitting play, Jay stood up pulling Theresa off the bed and into his arms. Piano cords tumbled into the room as Theresa understood what he was doing and softened, sinking into his arms.



There used to be a greying tower alone on the sea.

You became the light on the dark side of me.

Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.

The two teenagers swayed about the room. The music and soft voice enwrapped them, taking them away from the room and the world to a place where no god could see them, it was just them alone, bathed in soft melody and subdued light.



But did you know,

That when it snows,

My eyes become large and

The light that you shine can be seen.

Theresa closed her eyes as she tried to control her galloping heart, surprised and excited at the forwardness of Jay. Her blood raced to her face, she blushed as she felt him rest his cheek on her, his breath slipping by her ear. She liked being close to him.



Baby,

I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey.

Ooh,

The more I get of you,

Stranger it feels, yeah.

And now that your rose is in bloom.

A light hits the gloom on the grave.



Jay couldn't help himself as he held her close to him, his grip tight around her as they danced. The smell of flowers tickled his nostrils. He stifled a satisfying moan; he felt inside that it would ruin the moment. He simply closed his eyes and savored the moment.



There is so much a man can tell you,

So much he can say.

You remain,

My power, my pleasure, my pain, baby

To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny.

Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby?

Atlanta dashed into the living room, her excitement making her more girlish than normal. She had to tell the others! Seeing the room barren, she bolted up the stairs. Odie found out something and Archie was stable!

Atlanta came upon Jay's room first. Knocking, she found no answer. Irritated, she started towards Theresa's, hearing music coming from it. Not bothering to knock, she began to open the door.

"Theresa! Archi-"

She cut herself off as she saw the couple before her dancing, having not noticed her intrusion. She smiled softly and thought to herself how they took its damn sweet time before closing the door, deciding she would go visit Archie alone.

Yes I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey

Ooh, the more I get of you

Stranger it feels, yeah

And now that your rose is in bloom

A light hits the gloom on the grave

Now that your rose is in bloom,

A light hits the gloom on the grave.



As the song came to its slow conclusion, Jay pulled back and looked down at his partner. Her eyes looked deep and endless as the ocean; he could see the passion in them. His body ached to kiss her, to end this torture and just give in. But he couldn't, not while there is so much to do.

But her eyes still longed for him, and Jay felt his resolve weakening. Attempting to satiate his yearnings, he met half way. Leaning in, he gave Theresa a long kiss on the cheek. She gave a sigh as he did, knowing that was all she would receive. The moment seemed to stretch on for eternity; this simple affection was the only tenderness they could afford. The kiss stretched on into the infinite before Jay released Theresa from his enveloping grasp and turning away to leave. Theresa opened her mouth to speak, but found no words. She reached out and grabbed his hand, begging him to stay.

Jay bit his lip in nervousness and guilt; he regretted succumbing to his emotions. Yet all the same he felt more alive than he had been in his entire life. His mind was now swimming with thoughts of Theresa, and the ways he wanted to express to her his devotion and adoration of the red headed goddess. His thoughts trailed to the softness of her hands against his coarse fingers and palms. He felt intoxicated as he realized his lips tasted of her: sweet cherry blossom mixed with her own enthralling smell. The flood gates opened. He had to have more.

Theresa was taken completely off guard as Jay released his hand from her lacks grasp and scooped her up into his arms, lifting her off the ground. She squeaked as she hung there in his arms, before looking down at him, seeing his hungry passion in his eyes and bated breath. Leaning in, she could smell his breath as it mingled with her own. Hesitating only a moment longer, the two teens finally let their lips touch with an explosion of sensation. Falling into the moment, Jay half mindedly carried his goddess over to the bed and turned, dropping himself down onto the bed with her on top. The rush of the fall made Theresa squeal with happiness and excitement. Breaking the kiss, Theresa let her long silk hair drape over the two of them. Jay motioned to talk, but Theresa quickly placed her finger over his objections, smiling.

"Not right now."

Leaning back down, she kissed him again. Jay returned the kiss with hearty passion, sliding a hand into her crimson hair, running his fingers through them as he had always wanted to do but never could. Theresa pulled back from the kiss only to flick her tongue out and lick his lips teasingly. Smiling, Jay responded in like. Letting himself become fully enveloped into the moment, Jay broke from the ever satisfying touch of his goddess' lips and kissed down her neck, ever savoring her flesh. Theresa closed her eyes and welcomed the wonderful sensation of Jay's lips on her body. She wondered to herself how she could have gone so long without it before Jay began to kiss her collar, and she shivered in enjoyment. Her fingernails dragged along his arms, her only response to the pleasure she was receiving.

Jay, never being one to deny Theresa anything in the end, turned over, pinning his girl against the bed. He looked down on her, his breath heavy. Off beyond his attention the laptop continued to spout out music, ever detaching the two from the rest of the world. He felt now that he should say something, but no words came to his mind, only a smile came to his lips. Theresa gave a playful pout and tugged at the hem of his shirt. With a menacing grin, Jay pulled it off and threw it across the room, only to return to Theresa's collar. Theresa, longing for Jay and his embrace, clawed down his back before grasping his butt and giving a squeeze. Jay pulled back, giving Theresa a confused look. She gave him a snicker.

"I like your butt, it's squishy but firm." She stuck out her tongue.

With a silly grin, Jay kissed her, sliding his tongue to meet hers. Gingerly, Jay let his hands wander, sliding his hands down Theresa's silky smooth arms down to her thighs. His hunger sped him on, slipping his hand up the girl's tank top and cupping her breast lovingly. Theresa broke away from Jay, quickly disposing of the tiny garment, along with her lacy bra. Jay could not help but kiss downwards, paying dear affection to the newly exposed flesh; he craved it and more. Tenderly licking and biting, Jay smiled as Theresa whimpered at his touch. Quickly switching to the other side, Jay's hand continued to explore her chest while Theresa, captivated at the feeling of Jay's tongue along her body, began to pull at his hair. Smiling devilishly, Jay continued down lower, tugging off his lover's lower garments as he slipped down onto his knees. Theresa's face bled into her hair as she turned in embarrassment, feeling so exposed. Jay, seeing her blush, quickly slipped out of his own remaining clothes and repositioned him self overtop Theresa. Jay leaned down and kissed her gently, wordlessly asking...begging her to show his devotion. He felt a tremble from her body. Or was it his own?

Theresa responded to him as such, even through her shyness and embarrassment; gently caressing his face she leaned upwards and kissed his neck. In such a time of violence and despair, it seemed almost wrong to be this blissful, yet so yearning for more. But it is the deepest of emotions that drive the two titans to continue their wondrous music together. Across the bed, the laptop, now shuffled to the farthest side of the bed from their romping, continued to spout music. The tone had shifted slightly as Chellos filled the room with sullen cords that reflected the couple's fiery passion towards one another.

Apocalyptica- Romance

Almost with an agonizing slowness to his pace, Jay entered Theresa, caressing her cheeks with kisses as he went. Theresa stirred at the new sensation, feeling a brief wave of pain run through her body. Jay leaned back, stopping, asking her if she was alright. Nodding, she wrapped her legs around Jays, applying pressure as she guided the pace. Fully entering, Jay stroked her face as he kissed her once more, darting his tongue out to greet her lips.

They began a slow rhythm, testing new uncharted waters as they locked eyes. Tilting downwards, Jay gingerly kissed Theresa's slender neck, wrapping a single arm around her slender torso. What began as soft sounds of pleasure began to rise as two became one in a grand unison.

To hold you means I care for you,

To kiss you means I love you,

To tell you means I can't live without you.



Lyrics "Kiss from a Rose" by Seal is copyrighted by their respected owners
Sign up to rate and review this story