Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Spartan Anger

Unleashed

by Iyov 5 reviews

From the darkness a new and fearfully powerful enemy emerges. The titans make their stand against it, but will they survive?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-08-30 - Updated: 2006-08-30 - 2223 words

0Unrated
Unleashed

Ancient Pillars speak no words as they tower ominously over top the cracked and aged marble floor. Forgotten by man, vines have overgrown the area; the light hangs through the foliage. Long ago, this harbored the praises and worships for Hera, Mother of Olympians.

Forgotten by mortals.

Not by Gods.

Ethereal energy wisps into the air and explodes forth, and a dark figure emerges, followed by several foreboding juggernauts.

The God of time breathed deeply.

"Ah, I always found that the air was sweeter in Greece; no doubt from their more...fruitful labors"

Chuckling to himself over his morbid humor, the maniacal Cronus lifted his hands. As if to respond, the land before him tore apart, revealing the undisturbed earth below. Two Giants accompanying the God lurched forwards and jumped into the crevice, and proceeded to dig into the hardened earth. The third Giant bowed before his master, holding up three clear glass bottles.

Quickly taking the first glass and uncorking it, The God of time poured the liquid into the pit. The sweet smells of milk and honey rose as Cronus uncorked the second one in like, and poured wine into the concoction. Finally, the last bottle, containing water was added in, and Cronus tossed Barley into the pit.

"The pleasures of ancient magic; truly something to be appreciated...now!" Clapping his hands together, the God waited with anticipation as he stared down into the pit. He could feel the primal forces swim through it. Closing his eyes to savor the moment, he suddenly heard a cry of pain and a body falling to the ground. Cronus smiled wickedly.

"Welcome Jay, to Greece. I hope you enjoy your stay here, while it lasts." Turning, he saw all seven of the mortal heroes, prophesized to end him. 'Mortals capable of bringing a god down....Me down!' Cronus spat at the thought as his anger bubbled up inside him. He knew things are going to plan as he expected they would but could not help but be angered; Hera and her damned nosing about. His remaining brutes lumbered alongside him, awaiting his command to strike. Turning, he refocused his attention on the pit, now stewing with an unfathomable energy. A dark portal was forming inside the liquids, showing hellish images. A sneer stretched cross his face.

"Keep them occupied a while; I am nearly there", he ordered.

Thundering forwards, Cronus' minions engaged the heroic descendants. Cronus paid little attention to it; he was determined to find his covert. Tartarus rolled by the portal, showing all too familiar images to the fallen god; he had spent an eternity witnessing and suffering the fates he witnessed. But that was behind him, he was going to regain his throne. The portal slowed as he came upon his minion: a single wraith-like being.

Herry, Jay and Archie lead the charge against the giants. Quickly grappling the first giant, Herry used his godly strength to bring the giant to a stop, and slowly pushed him back. Tightening his grip, he gave a sudden jerk, sending the behemoth off balance. Turning, the titan hurled the giant crashing into a broken pillar. Dust erupted as the giant was buried under ancient marble.

Jay and Archie tag teamed on another; Archie utilizing his whip while Jay fended it off with his staff. From behind them came Theresa and Atlanta; Atlanta showering the battlefield with energy arrows while Theresa exercised her telepathic ability, causing one giant to mistake its friend as a less agile titan. At the very rear of the scene was Odie and Neil; Odie quickly trying to assess what the evil god was up to while Neil "watched out for Odie".

"Did he agree to assist us?" Cronus hissed to his shapeless peon. The wraiths voice came to the gods ears as nothing more than a mixed sound of screams and cries, but he knew what it meant; the Spartan was his to command. Quickly dismissing the visage of his covert, Tartarus rolled before him once more inside the pool, past the hill of Sisyphus towards a lone mount, harboring an inhuman captive. Cronus looked upon the disgraced man: a demented Spartan helm bolted onto his head, a metal plume turned backwards on his head. Where a visor would be is nothing more than a small cut away, revealing a fraction of a face stripped of flesh; bloodied teeth and muscle twisted and contorted into a demonic smile. His chains that bound him shivered with anticipation. Opening the slightest degree, the man spoke.

"A-Ares..."

Cronus could not help but smile back. "You will be free of your confines soon enough."

The battle waging behind the god was quickly fading away; with so few minions, the titans whisked through them with ease. It unfolded as it had always did. Until Cronus turned back towards the fight, dramatically raising his hand as he shouted:

"Agnon! Now!"

The signaled out giant turned and nodded, and lunged towards Archie. Reacting, The purple haired hero lashed out at him with his whip. Unexpectadly, the giant grabbed onto the oncoming sharpened whip, and quickly wrapped his hand into it. Archie turned a shade lighter as Agnon wretched against the blade, cutting into his hand. Blood pearled up from the wounds and ran down the whip towards the hero. Sickened at the sight, Archie depressed the switch, recoiling the whip back into its handle. Blood spattered as it zipped back into the handle, leaving the giant with a bloody and contorted mass for a hand. In the distance you could hear Neil scream as the giant tore at his skin causing the wound to bleed ever more than it was, screaming as it did so. The titans stood in absolute shock and horror as Cronus' face twisted in sadistic delight at the spectacle. "That is quite enough Agnon; it will do for what must be done."

Turning in acknowledgement, the masochistic giant lumbered over towards the pit. Raising the bloodied stump over the pool, blood poured forth onto the pit.

Odie bolted towards the pool, screaming. "He's opening a Gate to Tartarus! The blood is opening it!"

The pit exploded with red light as the ground beneath them shook. The god of time turned towards the horrified teens with a maniacal smile smeared across his face. "It's far, far too late to stop it now."

The marble floor cracked and shattered as the earth below rumbled. A mountain of rock erupted out. Shards of marble rained down as the titans scurried out of the path of the forming mount. The ground continued to quake as the last few remains of the temple fell to the earth; leaving nothing more than an open floor. Stretching across the floor, rubble forms a base for the mount of rock; at its peak can be seen two ash-red pillars. As Jay and the others turned their heads skywards, the sound of rocks shifting as chains pulled against them. With a thundering crash, the rocks slipped and fell down the mount, landing with the rest of the rubble. With an agonizing cry of pain, a figure appeared at the top of the mount. Odie looked with a deep terror in his eyes. "Gods help us..."

Leaping from the peak, the figure landed with a grand "THUD!" as the ground sighed with his landing. The titans froze in a horror-struck stare at what was before them: the bloody mass of muscle and bone cracked and snapped as for the first time in a millennia, the man stretched. Theresa and Atlanta shuddered violently as his elbows sounded like they were breaking as they stretched. Suddenly dropping his arms limp, chains that trailed from his forearms clinked as they rested against the ground; the remainder of the chains seemed to be held to his arms, fused to his body.

Twisting his neck, the man opened his skinless maw of a mouth. Blood ran down his chin as the man gave a great exhale; ash and sulfur poured out like water. A slight wind took the flakes and danced in the air. Neil and Archie turned a ghostly white.

Cronus, having been a good enough distance to avoid the rubble and witness the display of grotesqueness of his new minion, stepped close to him. "Show me why I freed you, and I will make sure you get what you want." Stepping back towards the rubble, the god of time sat with a look of excitement on his face.

The Spartan shook his body, and a mist of blood littered the floor around him. Quickly jerking his arms, the man miraculously wound the chains that lay on the ground around his arms. Stepping forwards, he stood prone with his legs in a spread into a balanced stance. Cocky, he raised his hand and motioned for the heroes to attack.

Still frozen in horror, they remained motionless. Herry was the first to snap out of it and reacted with the simplest and most direct way possible; he lunged at the Spartan. Without sight, his enemy reacted with perfect timing. The two men grappled, both leaning in with their weight. Herry felt like he was going to be sick as his hands were slick with blood, but soon was distracted as the man began to overpower him. Pain shot through his arms as the Spartan pressed forwards. Herry cried in agony as the he could feel his wrists give to superior strength. Resisting, he pushed harder back. The Spartans face contorted into a grotesque smile as the next few moments slipped by. The titans could not believe their eyes at what was happening: The Spartan shifted his weight and stepped forward into Herry, and pressed in. Instantly, Herry's arms buckled with a hideous crack. Herry fell limp as bone pierced skin, screaming in pain. Cronus cackled like a psychopath as Herry crumples to the floor, lying in a pool of his own blood.

Atlanta reacted with divine speed. Blurring towards the monstrous Spartan, she quickly evaded his initial punch. Getting behind him, she quickly fired off an energy arrow into his back. A mere grunt eminated from him as the bolt dissipated against his hardoned hyde; the whips and scars have been merciless against the Spartans back, a mere arrow is little more than a nuisance. Turning, the Spartan launched off a backfist to Atlanta, who narrowly evaded it. Moving out of meelee range, Atlanta continued to pelt the Spartan with arrows. Stepping towards her, the Spartan lunged his arms forwards, sending hell-forged chains out in a cross arc, catching Atlanta off guard. The chains slammed against her body fiercely. Atlanta cried out as the Spartan backfisted her in the side of the head, sending her sprawling across the ground, unconscious.

"ATLANTA! NOOOO~!" Archie cried out in painful anguish before turning into a loud growl as he rushed towards the Spartan. Whip drawn, he cracked his forward, but it was met by chains, dissolving its attack as Archie ducked underneath the chains before leaping upwards to attack once more. Beyond any reasoning, the Spartan leapt towards Archie, and grabbed his good leg. Giving it a twist, the Spartan cracked his ankle before coming back towards the ground. The Spartan swung Archie like a mace as he slammed him down into the marble ground with a crash. Archie gasped for air as he came to stop on the ground; his lungs begged for air as his ribs pressed down on them.

Now completely on the offensive, the Spartan rushed towards the rest of the titans. Jay and Theresa roll to avoid his charge, but Odie was caught completely off guard as his face met the blood hand of the tortured man. Lifting him off the ground, Odie was whipped into Neil, sending them both to the ground.

Cronus cannot stop laughing at the spectacle; sprawled out against a rock he tried to restrain himself. Jay, having not been able to comprehend any of this, finally dropped his staff and unsheathed his sword. Getting behind the Spartan, Jay quickly swung at the Spartans neck, only to be deflected by the helmets extremely low neck and bolt. Jay rolled back as the Spartan turns to counter.

Theresa, horrified as she looks at the shambles her friends are, cried out desperately as she sees the Spartan lunge towards Jay. Desperately, she tried to invade his mind, hoping to stop him. Instantly, she is greeted with images of Ares as he stands above a burning city, people screaming as they are slaughtered and finally on a mother and her child, laying dead on the ground before the statue of Athena.

Stopping dead in his tracks, the Spartan grasped his head and cried out at the invasion into his memories. Falling to one knee, the Spartan tore at his helmet restraint before turning and running off, leaping over the mountain of rubble and disappearing. Cronus, confused, looked quickly over to the red headed titan before quickly summoning a portal and making a hasty retreat.

Jay and Theresa, battered and scared, rush over to Herry and Archie, clearly the most hurt of their friends. Jay quickly checks Archie's pulse; it's erratic. Theresa's brief look over of Herry wasn't any more optimistic. Jay quickly dove his hand into his pocket, retrieving his PMR.

"Hera! Help us!"
Sign up to rate and review this story