Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Love and Loss

Chapter 1

by RavenNight 0 reviews

Inuyasha is killed in a battle against Naraku. How will Kagome react when she loses the one person she truly loves?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kagome - Published: 2006-10-24 - Updated: 2006-10-24 - 509 words

-1Illiterate
"INUYASHA!" a scream filled the air, the sound travelling for miles.


"INUYASHA! NO!" the young miko screamed, looking at the dead hanyou, who was lying on the ground not more than thirty feet from the spot, which she stood.


"I-Inuyasha?" asked Shippo, tears filling his eyes. Miroku wrapped his arms around Sango, while sobbing Taijiya buried her face in the Houshi's shoulder.


"He should have know better than to think he could win" Naraku said. He chuckled and let a sea of miasma swarm around Inuyasha's lifeless body, disintegrating it.


"That was a nice workout. Oh, and thanks for the jewel shards," Naraku said, picking up the shards of the Shikon no Tama that Inuyasha had been carrying.


Naraku chuckled, his miasma swirling around him and lifting him into the sky, carrying him away.


"NO!" Kagome yelled, crawling over to the spot that Inuyasha's body had occupied just moments before. She lay down on the spot, and curled into a ball.


"You can't be gone Inuyasha...I..." she paused, then said the words she had been trying to say for so long, "I love you..."


Tears were running freely down miko's cheeks, and she was shaking uncontrollably.


"Kagome..."Sango said, leaving the warmth of Miroku's arms and moving over to her friend's side. "Kagome..." She bit her lower lip and sank to her knees in front of Kagome, staring at the ground and the small pool of her own tears gathering there.


"We'll get him for this! WE'LL GET HIM!" The Taijiya yelled to the sky.


Miroku, Kirara and Shippo followed Sango to Kagome's side. Shippo walked over to the sobbing girl. He placed his small paw-like hand on her shoulder, but Kagome made no notice of the small kitsune.


"Why...?" Kagome asked in a small voice.


"Kagome...there's nothing we can do now..." Miroku said, trying, but failing horribly at stopping the tears from falling.


"I... I want... to ...be alone..." Kagome said quietly.


Miroku looked at Sango, who nodded and whispered, "we should let her calm down a little".


The Taijiya then turned back to Kagome. "Ok, Kagome...we'll be back in a little while okay?"


Kagome nodded.


Sango picked Shippo up, and held the kitsune close to her.


"T-thanks...Sango," Kagome whispered.


"No problem Kagome," Sango replied, putting a hand on Kagome's shoulder, then stood up and left her, carrying Shippo away. Miroku and Kirara followed Sango and Shippo, disappearing into the trees.


'Inuyasha...why...' Kagome thought. She had been laying there for around ten minutes, when a twig snapped. She could hear the footsteps coming towards her, and she could sense the demonic aura, but she didn't care. Nothing mattered anymore, Inuyasha was gone.


She lay there, staring at the trees, until she saw the outline of a figure walking slowly towards her through the trees. 'Maybe its Naraku here to kill me...at least then I'd be with Inuyasha...' she thought.


Within a few seconds, Inuyasha's older, full inu-yokai brother Sesshoumaru emerged from the trees, staring at the young miko laying in the dirt.
Sign up to rate and review this story