Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Love and Loss

Chapter 2

by RavenNight 1 review

Inuyasha is killed in a battle against Naraku. How will Kagome react when she loses the one person she truly loves?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kagome - Published: 2006-10-24 - Updated: 2006-10-24 - 594 words

-1MarySue
Sesshomaru stood there for a minute, then slowly walked over to Kagome. He looked down at her, laying curled up in the dirt "what happened here?" Kagome simply lay there, and did not respond. Sesshomaru knelt down by her "This spot smells strongly of death...and Naraku's miasma." Still, Kagome just lay there silently, tears running down her cheeks. Sesshomaru pulled her into a sitting position, and put a hand on her chin, turning her head in his direction. He frowned as he looked into her eyes, and noticed the far away look in them 'she's barely aware that I'm here...' "I-Inu...yasha...Naraku...k-killed him...he...he's...gone..."Kagome whispered so softly, that even Sesshomaru's yokai ears had a hard time hearing the words. 'So I was right...Inuyasha is dead...'he thought. They sat in silence for a while, then Sesshomaru stood up to leave. Just as he had turned around, he was stopped by a hand that had grabbed onto his pant leg. He raised an eyebrow at Kagome in question, and knelt down "what is it miko?" Kagome stared at the ground "w-why...?" She put her face in her hands and started sobbing uncontrollably. Sesshomaru watched her silently, and his eyes widened as her arms suddenly wrapped themselves around him. Kagome clung to the startled demon, buring her face in the fluffy object on his shoulder. She began to cry harder, and yelled out "WHY!?" Sesshomaru stared down at her, unsure of what to do. After all the trouble he had caused her and Inuyasha, here she was, looking to him for comfort. He didn't understand it. Sighing, he heisitantly placed a hand lightly on her back. Kagome cried. She cried harder, and longer then she ever thought possible, clinging to Sesshomaru.
~~~~~~~~~~
"Miroku, do you think we should go back to Kagome now? It's been about an hour..."Sango sat, standing up from the log they were sitting on. Miroku nodded "Shippo, wake up, we're going back to Kagome now"he said to the little kitsune that had fallen asleep in his lap. "hmm? Ok..."Shippo replied, stretching. Sango gently picked him up, and carried him over to Kirara, who transformed. Miroku walked over, and climbed onto Kirara's back once Sango and Shippo were on. Kiara jumped into the sky, and carried them in the direction of the field where they had left Kagome. As they neared the field, Kirara growled, and Sango looked back at Miroku "Miroku..." He nodded "I sense it too. There is a strong demonic aura ahead, we have to hurry." Kirara sped up, and soon sank below the trees, landing about twenty feet from the field. Once everybody was off, Kirara transformed back into her smaller state, and they walked quietly through the forest to the field.
~~~~~~~~~~
Sesshomaru held the sobbing girl close to him, and turned his head to look at the trees. He had caught the scent of two humans and two yokai coming in their direction. He watched as Sango, Miroku, Kirara, and Shippo, walked out from behind the trees and stopped. Sango got her hiraikotsu reay. Sesshomaru then turned his gaze down to Kagome "Miko, your friends are here." Kagome either didn't hear him, or simply decided to ignore it. She kept her face hidden, and continued crying. "Sesshomaru! What are you...?!"Sango began, but was interrupted by Miroku, who put a hand on her shoulder. "Sango, look. He's not trying to harm her...in fact...I think he might be trying to help her..."he said slowly, and in disbelief.
Sign up to rate and review this story