Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > A Walk To Remember

Prologue

by Gundamwinggirl 1 review

First you will smile and then you will cry- don't say I didn't warn you. Thus is the beginning of a boy's first and only love, and the eternal love of a man.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Roy Mustang - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-07 - Updated: 2005-07-08 - 568 words

0Original
A Walk To Remember
Prologue

Title Based From: "A Walk To Remember" by Nicholas Sparks (mostly from the book which is better than the movie...I think some of the summary came from the book too...I think anyways)

Summary: First you will smile and then you will cry- don't say I didn't warn you. Thus is the beginning of a boy's first and only love, and the eternal love of a man.



So many years have passed and as all humans I've grown older. I'm in my late fourties now, but I look much older. I was a State Alchemist up until three years ago when I finally accomplished my goal. I was Furher for around ten years before I left the military all together and it's been that way ever since. I've moved away from Central to a much smaller place, a place called Risembool.

I live there by myself of course, although I do have friends that live there as well. It's become a place where most retired State Alchemists have moved too, including: Riza Hawkeye, Heymens Breda, Jean Havoc, Watteau Falman, Kain Fuery, Maria Ross, Alex Louis Armstrong, and Denny Bloch to name a few. Risembool is still a very simple and quiet place, but it's home no matter what.

I moved to Risembool for a very special reason though, my husband used to live there. The concept is almost unimaginable, but it's true none-the-less. Our time together was short but sweet, and I will cherish it always. He was a few years younger than me which made our relationship seem out of sorts, and even more enraging to others was the fact that he was my subordinate.

Many people resented me for the fact of our relationship, but those that stood behind me in the Military continued to stand behind me in my relationship. I can still remember his gentle amber eyes and his sun colored hair. It's been many years since everything took place, and it all happened here. Although I lived in Central at the time, he lived here in Risembool with his younger brother in a house that they had built together.

Our last year together took place in this very small town in the same house that his younger brother lives in now. When I think back on that year I can remember every detail, even down to the smallest ones. I recall that year with sadness and joy, the memories replaying in my head. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I could turn back time and take away the sadness involved with the memories, but without the sadness I doubt that the joy would remain.

I look out over the water, the fall breeze moving through my hair as I take in a deep breath. My eyes drift to the reflection in the water and I know exactly who I am. My name is Roy Mustang and I am in my earlies twenties. This is the year that everything began and ended.

Gwg: Alright, the year that everything began and ended...really leaves ya hanging doesn't it? Anyways, the next chapter will tell the actual year so just be patient. This story goes along with the book "A Walk To Remember" although most of the events are different and the ending maybe as well, who knows? Anyways, please read and review because you guys are my inspiration.
Sign up to rate and review this story